Sick of Toyota's 'Saved by Zero' ad? ...

Sick of Toyota's 'Saved by Zero' ad? You're not alone

There are 327 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Sick of Toyota's 'Saved by Zero' ad? You're not alone. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Tired of the "Saved by Zero" ad campaign for Toyota? Even the '80s new wave band The Fixx doesn't care for it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

bob

Winfield, IL

#22 Nov 13, 2008
the commercial is lame,,,,just like toyotas product line up

“Ds and Rs are crooks.”

Since: Apr 08

Berwyn, IL

#23 Nov 13, 2008
"It's a very catchy tune that sticks in people's heads," said Cindy Knight, marketing communications manager for Toyota.

No kidding
JumpingJacks

Chicago, IL

#24 Nov 13, 2008
Personally, I hate the Subway, "Five...Five...Five Dollar Foot Looooongs" jingle more for getting stuck in my brain. Especially because I think Subway sandwiches are terrible at any price. Really though, there are countless commercials that are far more obnoxious, especially from big pharma.
JumpingJacks

Chicago, IL

#25 Nov 14, 2008
Thin The Herd wrote:
I'm sick of most ads. Just DVR the shows you want to watch, and skip the ads.
Satellite radio lets you listen to music w/o ads, and there's the I-Pod as well.
Soooo, you're ready to pay directly for every program you watch right?

God...people just want everything for free and then wonder why all of our jobs are being pushed overseas. It's fine, I guess, until you're downsized. Good luck!
brooklynborn

New York, NY

#26 Nov 14, 2008
(I haven't check the previous comments so I may be repetitious but) I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!

seriously on sundays during football it plays at least 30 times
and it's on the radio here in nyc so it's unavoidable.

my god i can't wait for it to cease

at least now i can take solace in our solidarity
James

Chicago, IL

#27 Nov 14, 2008
This is not a story, Chicago Tribune Editorial Staff. Please stop writing stories that reference facebook or myspace groups, lets get back to real journalism here folks. This is college newspaper garbage. No, more like high school pamphlet crap.
LPryan

Chicago, IL

#28 Nov 14, 2008
Thanks Jim for this hard-hitting Journalisim
I HATE TOYOTA

Orland Park, IL

#29 Nov 14, 2008
James wrote:
This is not a story, Chicago Tribune Editorial Staff. Please stop writing stories that reference facebook or myspace groups, lets get back to real journalism here folks. This is college newspaper garbage. No, more like high school pamphlet crap.
Party pooper. Obviously this story has impact on many people. But, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read about it. Oh, and...SAVED BY ZERO, SAVED BY ZERO, SAVED BY ZERO, SAVED BY ZERO!
Bob - Spring Grove

Spring Grove, IL

#30 Nov 14, 2008
Not sure why this one stands out. I dislike all commercials.
STEWIE GRIFFIN

Wauconda, IL

#31 Nov 14, 2008
Buying HONDA because of this lame commercial. It's worse than listening to that idiot on CLTV doing a call in show in the evenings. Can't think of his name. Black fella. I watched him for 5 minutes and he must have sid "yeahhhhhhhhh, yeahhhhhhhh, yeahhhhhh, 30 times when responding to callers. A long drawn out yeahhhhhhhhhh. The guy is horrible.
STEWIE GRIFFIN

Wauconda, IL

#32 Nov 14, 2008
FINALLY America unites. We cant agree on politics, race, religion, gay marriage, bailout, illegal immigration, or other critical issues, but..........give us a shit*ty commercial and we're all prepared to Boycott and stand as One.

Almost brings a tear to my eye. hee hee

As soon as I get my first check from the Obama social spending program I am going out to buy a HONDA. Uh oh.
Col Jeffrey Pumpernickel

Glenwood, IL

#33 Nov 14, 2008
well I won't be buying a Toyota, anyways.

long ago I learned to tune commercials O-U-T

unless they're funny..

NOT THIS TIME, JOHNNY!
John

Chalco, Mexico

#34 Nov 14, 2008
The fact that this article has been written is a clear indicator that the promotion is working. I love my Tivo!
krebs

Skokie, IL

#35 Nov 14, 2008
Hate it, mucho
da spellin homegirl

Homewood, IL

#36 Nov 14, 2008
Make that 5,182 people on facebook that hate that commercial.

One thing leads to another.......
jenn

Westchester, IL

#37 Nov 14, 2008
Yeah, I liked it at first, but now...it is too hypnotic. And yes, it is always on. An ad agency's dream....

<saved by zero....>
plymouth rock

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Nov 14, 2008
With the very first note of that commercial, whoever is closest to the remote hits the mute button. It is NOT a catchy tune. It is a maddeningly annoying one. It makes me remember Toyota for how stupid its marketing is.
jenn

Westchester, IL

#39 Nov 14, 2008
"Not this time Johnny."

Yup. And what about Iphone's commerical. Another one on WAY too often.
jwhtthfck

Hammond, IN

#40 Nov 14, 2008
This is not news. I may buy a Toyota in the future because they make good cars. I won't buy a Tribune any time soon because this kind of story is a waste of my time.
Steve Langford

Franklin Park, IL

#41 Nov 14, 2008
wgas wgaf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Earthling-1 54,551
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Bluestater 1,277,195
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) 36 min pailrider 161
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,434
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,429
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Joe Balls 196,955
News Arrests made after Two-Month burglary Spree in ... 6 hr fedupcracker 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Ferrerman 100,649
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages