First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#21 May 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered that he died from brain cancer or a brain tumor, so I looked it up, and you were right! Melanoma spread to his lungs and brain. Scary, scary stuff.
My friend A's friend K died of melanoma like this about a year ago. She had no cancer symptoms at all and got pregnant with her 4th child. It was during her pregnancy that the doctors inadvertently discovered the melanoma. It was in her lungs and she died when her baby was just a few months old.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#22 May 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend A's friend K died of melanoma like this about a year ago. She had no cancer symptoms at all and got pregnant with her 4th child. It was during her pregnancy that the doctors inadvertently discovered the melanoma. It was in her lungs and she died when her baby was just a few months old.
That is heart-wrenchingly sad.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#23 May 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That is heart-wrenchingly sad.
It is.
:(

She was a SAHM who home-schooled, so her husband's world was COMPLETELY turned upside down upon her death. My friend M's husband works with him (small world) and at work they did Melanoma Monday a couple of weeks ago (I think it was the anniversary of K's death) as an awareness thing in her memory.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#24 May 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
:(
She was a SAHM who home-schooled, so her husband's world was COMPLETELY turned upside down upon her death. My friend M's husband works with him (small world) and at work they did Melanoma Monday a couple of weeks ago (I think it was the anniversary of K's death) as an awareness thing in her memory.
I really feel for them -- and I don't know them. That is horrible.

Someone here at work relayed a story about a friend who was prone to panic attacks and had a panic attack in the middle of a c-section. Her heart stopped. She told me that when you're under sedation and you have a panic attack, your heart can stop. She almost died -- she did code. They were able to revive her.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#25 May 21, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Marley died from melanoma. If you don't catch it early, it is very deadly.
IIRC, he was half-white but raised by his black mom. He didn't realize it was something he'd have to contend with, being lighter skinned like that.

I tanned for a bit in my 20s, but I'm really pasty skinned, so it never looked great. Now I'm all about slathering on the liquid sweater.

Had a work meeting last week with a woman that looked like the Tanning Mom from the news. It was distracting and she looked horrible. White blonde hair, leathery skin, probably way younger than she looked.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#26 May 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC, he was half-white but raised by his black mom. He didn't realize it was something he'd have to contend with, being lighter skinned like that.
I tanned for a bit in my 20s, but I'm really pasty skinned, so it never looked great. Now I'm all about slathering on the liquid sweater.
Had a work meeting last week with a woman that looked like the Tanning Mom from the news. It was distracting and she looked horrible. White blonde hair, leathery skin, probably way younger than she looked.
I tried tanning booths, back in the '80s. I kept getting burned. Finally I tried just six minutes on the bed. Burned. NEver again. I'm just not meant to tan ever. My burns don't turn into tans. My burns peel and then I get a new burn.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#27 May 21, 2013
Yeah, you need some rays Red, to synthesize vitamin D, but I've always thought people look just fine the way they are au natuale, and that they should limit their exposure to direct sunlight to a reasonable amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min nanoanomaly 1,419,885
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Phil 222,699
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min Ize Found 70,962
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min RACE 103,459
abby8-29-16 20 min RACE 3
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 25 min boundary painter 1,945
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min SirLiesAlot 61,069

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages