Congressional leaders back Obama on Syria strike

Posted in the Chicago Forum

trash feds

New York, NY

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Congressional leaders back Obama on Syria strike
September 3, 2013 | 11:53AM ET | Updated 1:13PM ET

House Speaker Boehner and House Minority Leader Pelosi support military action against Assad regime

After meeting Tuesday with President Barack Obama, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said he believed responding with military force to an alleged chemical attack in Syria is "something the United States as a country needs to do." Obama has urged Congress to act quickly on a resolution authorizing action against Syria, as he ramps up his effort to win support for limited strikes against President Bashar al-Assad's forces in response to the alleged Aug. 21 chemical weapons attack that the U.S. says killed nearly 1,500 people.

"I'm going to support the president's call for action. I believe my colleagues should support this call for action," Boehner said.

During the meeting with congressional leaders at the White House, Obama said he was confident Congress would vote in favor of military action and said the United States had a broad plan to help the rebels defeat Syrian government forces.

"What we are envisioning is something limited. It is something proportional. It will degrade Assad's capabilities," Obama told reporters. "At the same time we have a broader strategy that will allow us to upgrade the capabilities of the opposition."

read more

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/9/...
you hate the truth

Crosby, TX

#2 Sep 7, 2013
the only thing OBOOOOOOOMBIE is (confident) about is--3 more years of his agenda will completely destroy this nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min mdbuilder 52,996
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,223,608
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Cold Front 69,777
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Guru 187,744
abby may 3-15 54 min mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Doug77 5,946
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]