Girl killed, cousin wounded in Back of the Yards shooting

Police this morning were searching for a white van in connection with a shooting in Chicago's Back of the Yards neighborhood that killed a 16-year-old girl and injured her teenage cousin. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
maria_theresa

Chicago, IL

#131 Aug 22, 2009
The problem is the way the city is run. I live in the Back of the Yards and I am not a welfare mother- in fact I'm a University of Chicago Ph.D.
The police department in this city has a unique way of bringing down crime rates, e.g. not responding to many if not most 911 calls. No police at the scene, no crime report and, consequently, one less crime reflected in the statistics. The other tactic is crime "deflation". This happens when an incident is too serious to simply not send any police. When reports are actually made, a home invasion becomes some type of assault, breaking and entering becomes criminal damage to property, etc. This is helpful for Weiss when he wants to show us all how much "progress" has been made under his aegis. My goodness! Crime rates have fallen in Chicago!
In the Back of the Yards we get less than our share of city services but we certainly have more than our share of meter maids. If the police were half as active and visible as the meter maids we might actually have a reasonably safe community. However, our city fathers have seen fit to shift resources away from public security issues to "revenue raising" operations, with all the expected consequences. Hence, large areas of the city are controled by gangs, which are now consolidating their power and expanding their turf. It is probably already beyond anything the police can effectively handle.
Speaking of parking meters. our mayor privatised our parking meters just days after Bashar al Assad did the same in Damascus.I wonder if Bashar is Richie's role-model.
CHORIZO SDW

Chicago, IL

#132 Apr 20, 2010
R.I.P alex NEVER GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTIN ALWAYS MISSIN U N LUVIN U AMOR SAINT KKILLA BEBE ROTZ MACHO ROTZ MUCH LUV SEE U SOON
DYNASTY 48th

United States

#133 May 10, 2010
FOR ALL OF THOSE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASSES FUCK YOU! NO BODY HAS ROOM TO JUDGE ANYBODY NOT EVEN SOMEONE WHO ISNT SO INNOCENT...NOBODY DESERVES TO DIE EVEN IF U CLAMING SOMETHING. GANGMEMBERS R STILL HUMAN AND LOVED AND R OUR FAMILIES... I KNEW ALEX AND HALF OF THE SHYT U READ ON HERE iS BULSHYT I LOVE AND MISS YOU... GONE BUT NEVER FOR GOTTEN MEMORIES HELP YOU LIVE ON...
DYNASTY 48th

United States

#134 May 10, 2010
Don't belive half of the shyt u hear them say in there comments... There's a difference between the truth and gossip and the truth is she was my friend and a good person I love and miss her very much. So fuck off to all you bastards talking shyt. And talkin out ur asses. Thanks 4 da. Memories alexandra vkv layzie...
SAINTS KILLAH

United States

#135 May 10, 2010
Restk in peace ALEJandRa I miss u!! With all my heart I can stop thinkkin about u!!!
Edwin aka lil stkk

Addison, IL

#137 Dec 26, 2010
R.I.p Alex gone by never 4gotten missing u since da day u left us
MOSTk WANTED 48

Chicago, IL

#138 Jan 6, 2011
IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY CUZIN ALEXANDRA... Fuckk every body who talking shit in dis bitch Alex wuss a good person she was always with me every day I miss u!! So muchh G stone saints KILLAH all day every day I'm killen every single one of yous bitchs for doing dis to my cuzin wen she die I died.. I'm neveR gonna stop dis violence between them bitchs.. StK intill I'm dead. ALEX R.I.P AmoR....
Steelers fan

Midlothian, IL

#139 Jan 14, 2011
I glad it happen, get rid of everyone
DRAMA

United States

#140 Jun 1, 2011
CHI CITY GANG BANG NOTHAN BUTA KING THANG COME GET U SUM BITCH RATA KILLAK ALL YALL ROT RAZA KILLIN WONT STOP STAY INSIDE BFOR YOU GET SHOT!! LEARN FROM DIS HOES MISTAKE AND DONT BE A FLAKE TRUST ME IF IT AINT GOLD ALL YALL BITCHES FAKE SCARY BITCHES I DONT GET SAD OR MAD I GET EVEN MORE FUNERALS TO COME COMPLIMENTS OF THE ALMIGHTY LATIN KING NATION 51 ADA CHAPTER 51 OR NO ONE BITCH KING LOVE ALMIGHTY LIKE NOBODY EBK ALL DAY
no love stk

Chicago, IL

#143 Jul 16, 2012
R.i.p alex STOnE saint KILLAH fat boy Burns
SCANDALO

El Monte, CA

#145 May 2, 2013
Personally I think the death penalty should be brought to illinois and let's see how many of these punks would shoot up neighborhoods knowing there facing the death penalty if there caught Chicago has a bunch of liberal pieces of shit government that doesn't believe in it well it was in The bible about capital punishment that's why were in the shit we are in the shit we are now cause we lost faith in the lord....................
bozo views

Nashua, NH

#146 May 3, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Still safer then Detroit or Camden NJ.
hummmmm, da facts don't support your assertion that Detroit & Camden have more homicides by gun fire than Chicago has.

In the 2013 death pool totals contest Chicago is way ahead in total death & wounded count for da year.

Detroit death wounded count is way down from previous years authorities is investigating the whys and wherefores
bozo views

Nashua, NH

#147 May 3, 2013
CHORIZO SDW wrote:
R.I.P alex NEVER GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTIN ALWAYS MISSIN U N LUVIN U AMOR SAINT KKILLA BEBE ROTZ MACHO ROTZ MUCH LUV SEE U SOON
for those of us what don't speak any of the ebonic dialects is there an English translation of this babbling text available??

who wrote this drivel,Maxine waters, al "notso Sharpton, Michelle"??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Psychic Medium and Spiritualist view of... 7 min reality is a crutch 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Yeah 1,154,388
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 71,125
Amy 12-22 43 min RACE 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min mdbuilder 49,242
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Guru 181,888
Amar kashe kisu meya ase.jara enjoy kore.Bt ama... 1 hr Oni 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:00PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
Bleacher Report11:31 PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?