Macy's 'junk' status

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Fitch ratings downgraded Macy's to "one notch above junk status." Since even the experts agree that Macy's is junk, isn't it time to just sell and get it over with? Chicago still wants Marshall Field 's. ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
gle

Sherman, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

Mark Jeffries wrote:
<quoted text>
Documented proof, please, including your credentials as a businessperson who knows the retail industry--or, like the head of your pressure group, are you a tenured college professor who has never worked an honest day's living in your life?
We don't have to provide you with any information, credentials or otherwise. And judging from amount of time your ilk spends on these idiot blogs I'm suprised you have time to work an honest minute in your life. Everybody knows Macy's failed.
Annie Reader

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

My daughter is 11 and she hates Macy's. I look around and see few (in fact no) young people with Macy's bags. I agree with those who say that Macy's will never succeed in Chicago.
Alex K

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

gle wrote:
<quoted text>
And judging from amount of time your ilk spends on these idiot blogs I'm suprised you have time to work an honest minute in your life.
Thanks for a great big belly laugh!

A comment like yours coming from one of the more prodigious posters on the Tribune site and the Fieldsfanschicago website you've just showed your childish side! Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?

Keep 'em coming, it's great free entertainment! Just like reading all the incorrect info posted on the Fieldsfanschicago website.
Agreed

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

This is the best news I've heard or read all day. This is great.
Joanie D

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

ONCE MACY'S GAVE CHRIST THE BOOT OUT OF CHRISTMAS HERE IN FORT LAUDERDALE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, I GAVE THEM THE BOOT OUT OF MY GALLERIA MALL SHOPPING STOPOVERS.
TODAY I TOOK NOTE OF THEIR EARTH DAY CONTRIBUTION IN THE MIAMI HERALD... A REAL WINNER: A LITTLE TREE STILL ATTACHED TO THE DIRT IT SPRUNG FROM. BY GOD, I WAS TRULY IMPRESSED.
Bert

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

Joanie D wrote:
ONCE MACY'S GAVE CHRIST THE BOOT OUT OF CHRISTMAS HERE IN FORT LAUDERDALE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, I GAVE THEM THE BOOT OUT OF MY GALLERIA MALL SHOPPING STOPOVERS.
TODAY I TOOK NOTE OF THEIR EARTH DAY CONTRIBUTION IN THE MIAMI HERALD... A REAL WINNER: A LITTLE TREE STILL ATTACHED TO THE DIRT IT SPRUNG FROM. BY GOD, I WAS TRULY IMPRESSED.
I guess you hadn't noticed through your rose-colored glasses that Burdine's had done the same thing before it was Macy's.

Not that I don't agree that it should be the Christmas season and not the holiday season; but it hasn't been just Macy's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Hymen Ripper 1,078,364
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Hate troublemaking arabs 67,850
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 3 hr Guess what 6
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr KrisChristie 1,855
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••