Macy's 'junk' status

Macy's 'junk' status

There are 26 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 17, 2008, titled Macy's 'junk' status. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Fitch ratings downgraded Macy's to "one notch above junk status." Since even the experts agree that Macy's is junk, isn't it time to just sell and get it over with? Chicago still wants Marshall Field 's. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gle

Springfield, IL

#22 Apr 21, 2008
Mark Jeffries wrote:
<quoted text>
Documented proof, please, including your credentials as a businessperson who knows the retail industry--or, like the head of your pressure group, are you a tenured college professor who has never worked an honest day's living in your life?
We don't have to provide you with any information, credentials or otherwise. And judging from amount of time your ilk spends on these idiot blogs I'm suprised you have time to work an honest minute in your life. Everybody knows Macy's failed.
Annie Reader

Chicago, IL

#23 Apr 21, 2008
My daughter is 11 and she hates Macy's. I look around and see few (in fact no) young people with Macy's bags. I agree with those who say that Macy's will never succeed in Chicago.
Alex K

AOL

#24 Apr 21, 2008
gle wrote:
<quoted text>
And judging from amount of time your ilk spends on these idiot blogs I'm suprised you have time to work an honest minute in your life.
Thanks for a great big belly laugh!

A comment like yours coming from one of the more prodigious posters on the Tribune site and the Fieldsfanschicago website you've just showed your childish side! Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?

Keep 'em coming, it's great free entertainment! Just like reading all the incorrect info posted on the Fieldsfanschicago website.
Agreed

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Apr 22, 2008
This is the best news I've heard or read all day. This is great.
Joanie D

Boca Raton, FL

#26 Apr 22, 2008
ONCE MACY'S GAVE CHRIST THE BOOT OUT OF CHRISTMAS HERE IN FORT LAUDERDALE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, I GAVE THEM THE BOOT OUT OF MY GALLERIA MALL SHOPPING STOPOVERS.
TODAY I TOOK NOTE OF THEIR EARTH DAY CONTRIBUTION IN THE MIAMI HERALD... A REAL WINNER: A LITTLE TREE STILL ATTACHED TO THE DIRT IT SPRUNG FROM. BY GOD, I WAS TRULY IMPRESSED.
Bert

Pleasanton, CA

#28 Apr 24, 2008
Joanie D wrote:
ONCE MACY'S GAVE CHRIST THE BOOT OUT OF CHRISTMAS HERE IN FORT LAUDERDALE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, I GAVE THEM THE BOOT OUT OF MY GALLERIA MALL SHOPPING STOPOVERS.
TODAY I TOOK NOTE OF THEIR EARTH DAY CONTRIBUTION IN THE MIAMI HERALD... A REAL WINNER: A LITTLE TREE STILL ATTACHED TO THE DIRT IT SPRUNG FROM. BY GOD, I WAS TRULY IMPRESSED.
I guess you hadn't noticed through your rose-colored glasses that Burdine's had done the same thing before it was Macy's.

Not that I don't agree that it should be the Christmas season and not the holiday season; but it hasn't been just Macy's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,564,958
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Dr Guru 242,263
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 105,218
Cash me ouside 1 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 2 hr thomas 2056 1,757
has anyone ever had sex with an animal? (Jul '12) 2 hr el grosso loco 24
Any hot guys in Chicago ? 20-29 yo 4 hr Black Knight 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages