For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Sk...

For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 9, 2008, titled For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

First impressions: Skrine Chops in Forest Park feels like a North Woods hunting lodge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Eileen Runfola

La Crescenta, CA

#1 Jan 10, 2008
I'd been hearing how great Skrine Chops was, so I took some friends from out of town there. These friends are from Memphis, and are serious bbq foodies and snobs.

They were blown away by how good Skrine Chops was --- said it ranked up there with the best they've ever had.

Since then I've taken quite a few people there and everyone always loves it.

Highly recommended.
Revize

Warsaw, IN

#3 Jan 11, 2008
Should be 4-Forks.
Big Fan

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 11, 2008
I agree that Skine Chops has amazing food. I never cared much for pork chops until I tried Skrine Chops. Hello! And their Skribs have taken over as my favorite ribs - they're just out-of-control good. I'm not a salad fan, but LOVE their chopped salad, and would seriously consider selling my mother for the smashed potatoes.
Baldwin

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Jan 14, 2008
I read the article in the Tribune and decided to taste for myself what has been described as the best pork chops ever. I was not disappointed at all. They were by far the best I've ever had, and being a meat lover, I've tried many places. Being from the Northwoods, I was pleased with the apperance in the restaurant. The staff made me and my wife feel like we were at someones backyard BBQ and were being treated as family. Being a vegetarian, my wife had the salad with the house dressing. She was extremely pleased. I will return to Skrine Chops many, many times, and will bring many friends. I wish I could invest in this place. SOLD!!!!
Reddog

United States

#6 Jun 10, 2014
Is Skrine's still here?
Reddog

United States

#7 Dec 26, 2014
Reddog wrote:
Is Skrine's still here?
I asked this question almost 6 months ago and I want an answer!

Or do I have to call the police?

Well... do I, punk?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Henry 1,420,699
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 222,810
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 61,094
america's hunters............pretty amazing. 1 hr Lol 5
News Chicago gangs no longer know or fear the police... 2 hr grounded in reali... 1
Bank Settlement Cash. Who Gets it? 4 hr CONTINUED ARTICLE 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr GEORGIA 1,953

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages