3 Places to Find Picasso in Chicago

Apr 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fodor's

While the Spain-born artist Pablo Picasso never stepped foot in Chicago, his paintings, drawings, prints, and sculptures catapulted to world acclaim thanks to this Midwestern city.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

say what?

who wrote this nonsense article.

Picasso visited Chicago several occasions. First visit was summer of 67 at the initiation of someone at the art institute if the artist would be interested in a commission to produce a sculpture for the city.

Picasso spend several pleasant days walking the street of Chicago with his interpreter to get a feeling or inspiration for what Chicago and her people were like.( this was before we had out of control negro street gangs acting like "N " word fools downtown)

at the end of his visit he return to his home France and came back a year or so later with drawings and a scale model of the sculpture which he and city officials took to the Gary Tube and sheet steel mill ( they have a plasma steel cutter that can cut 3" steel with precision to his specifications) In Gary IN to arrange for construction and materials cost.

Picasso stayed and supervised the building, then disassembly & transportation of the sculpture to city hall plaza where it stands to day.

So correct yourself lame article writer get the facts right before you scribble such nonsense.

Since: Jul 07

PARK RIDGE IL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Shut up! It's like like problems such as that back then.

You're such a piece of garbage.
beaster bunny

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

MIKETOUHY wrote:
Shut up! It's like like problems such as that back then.
You're such a piece of garbage.
what are you babbling incoherently about??
my text and comments were directed at the writer of the article who claimed that Picasso never stepped foot in Chicago.

this is factually incorrect Picasso was in Chicago several times in 1967 & 1968. Picasso was one of my favorite artist I followed his career until his death.

my criticism can include my editorial comments because I wrote them.

now if you wish to contest any of the facts as presented please do
but name calling is really juvenile, you gotta learn debate better at a more adult level. or go back to your coloring books and leave discussion of historical facts to adults who can reason.

Since: Jul 07

PARK RIDGE IL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Well I'm sorry bb. You're constant complainning it just getting annoying and to me you're just using it as an excuse to bitch about Chicago.

Find some of city to belly ache about.
beaster bunny

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

MIKETOUHY wrote:
Well I'm sorry bb. You're constant complainning it just getting annoying and to me you're just using it as an excuse to bitch about Chicago.
Find some of city to belly ache about.
well its about time someone bitched about Chicago.
I was born and raised in Chicago an am just sick about how the city has been destroyed.

the south side has turned into a sewer of death, drugs, lawlessness and I feel I need to speak out about the failure of the city.

what once a great city on the lake will become a lawless jungle with street gangs controlling the streets. babies killed with no outrage by you or most of the city. no press coverage no al notso Sharpton with his 24/7 babbling in ebonics about injustice

This doesn't happen in other cities around the country. I can walk central park or any street in NYC, NY 24 7. can you walk in Jackson park or grant park???

the rest of American doesn't have black gangs of morons looting assaulting people merchants in NYC, Philadelphia, Boston or many other cities in America only Chicago puts up with that crap .

you have to get out of the city more travel more to see just how dysfunctional corrupt Chicago has become.

The blight has crept into the city incrementally so residents who live there every day don't see the total negative effect, I only
get to Chicago several times a year so I see the city failing more each time I come there.

the future of Chicago is bleak and the city can not survive for long the way it is going.
City is deep in debt, out of control population with crime rate going up, plus diminishing business and middle income tax base.

sounds like bankruptcy court soon to me.

so you can sit by say nothing do nothing and watch the city sink.
I have the freedom of free speech and want to speak out.
reality is real

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

reality is a crutch wrote:
say what?
who wrote this nonsense article.
Picasso visited Chicago several occasions. First visit was summer of 67 at the initiation of someone at the art institute if the artist would be interested in a commission to produce a sculpture for the city.
Picasso spend several pleasant days walking the street of Chicago with his interpreter to get a feeling or inspiration for what Chicago and her people were like.( this was before we had out of control negro street gangs acting like "N " word fools downtown)
at the end of his visit he return to his home France and came back a year or so later with drawings and a scale model of the sculpture which he and city officials took to the Gary Tube and sheet steel mill ( they have a plasma steel cutter that can cut 3" steel with precision to his specifications) In Gary IN to arrange for construction and materials cost.
Picasso stayed and supervised the building, then disassembly & transportation of the sculpture to city hall plaza where it stands to day.
So correct yourself lame article writer get the facts right before you scribble such nonsense.
guess the writer or the original artical doesn't care about historical accuracy !
bensleys best

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Picasso was my hero.
admired his all of his work

Matisse a close second

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Rogue Scholar 05 167,510
Amy 4-18 2 min cheluzal 9
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min Registered Earth Angel 47,042
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,033,465
Abby 4-17 5 min RACE 38
Abby 4-18 5 min cheluzal 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min RACE 96,080
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••