attic doll

Morganfield, KY

#1 Jul 16, 2013
I read about this young man yesterday. I also read about Englewood. I'm furious and appalled. Furious that someone could be so ruthless and just take his life...and appalled that the police department can't completely wipe out gangs.

gangs are not impressive. they have little value for life. they do funny signs with their fingers. so odd.

parents that live there, should move away, especially if your kids are young. if you can't move, then encourage your kids to join one the services. anything to get them away from that area.

there's a big world out there and it's full of nice people, of every race. and it's full of opportunities. i wish the young man, Daryl Green, could've had the chance to experience life......and i'm so not talking crackheads, drive by shootings, run down neighborhoods, thugs, prostitutes......i'm talking about really experiencing life. i hope who did this to him gets punished to the max.
attic doll

Morganfield, KY

#2 Jul 16, 2013
no replies on a topic so important?
Wayne

Highland Park, IL

#3 Jul 16, 2013
attic doll wrote:
...and appalled that the police department can't completely wipe out gangs.

gangs are not impressive. they have little value for life. they do funny signs with their fingers. so odd.
parents that live there, should move away, especially if your kids are young. if you can't move, then encourage your kids to join one the services. anything to get them away from that area.
there's a big world out there and it's full of nice people, of every race. and it's full of opportunities. i wish the young man, Daryl Green, could've had the chance to experience life......and i'm so not talking crackheads, drive by shootings, run down neighborhoods, thugs, prostitutes......i'm talking about really experiencing life. i hope who did this to him gets punished to the max.
Maybe they do it differently in Morgantown KY, but in the rest of the states operating under the US Constitution, the police can't just wipe out gangs because they do not value life and make odd signs with their fingers.
It is called Freedom of Association. Look it up.

It is fine for you to mourn Darryl Green. Tell us, before he was shot, had you sought him out? Had you offered him bus fare to come to Morgantown where it is presumably " safer"? I doubt you did so and I doubt you will answer that question directly.

And why did you choose Darryl Green instead of all the other people shot in Englewood or the other rotten neighborhoods in Chicago? Aren't they worth your hand-wringing and pity? No, you don't have to answer that one.

Your post comes down to "Oh, woe is me. Can't someone do something about this awful situation"? The answer is "No". There are plenty of little kids in Kentucky who will never get to really experience life because they are hungry. Your label is ineffectual bleeding-heart. Try doing something local.
attic doll

Dawson Springs, KY

#4 Jul 16, 2013
what a cynical reply. but, i choose to overlook it for the simple fact that it appears you have a chip on your shoulder.

first, i am not from morgantown, but i am from kentucky...yes, there are plenty of hungry, poor people here, as well.

Daryl Green. i first read about him yesterday. if i had money, i would want to help anyone that needed to get out of a bad area. i despise the fact that there are so many senseless murders that go unsolved, whether it's in Englewood, Il, Louisville, Ky or Los Angeles, Ca.

Please realize that I could have answered back with enough sarcasm to knock you into next week, but because you might truly be a nice person and close to God, I choose to show you respect. I actually meant no harm by starting this thread, just speaking my mind.
attic doll

Dawson Springs, KY

#5 Jul 16, 2013
Wayne, a question for you...do you actually live in Winnetka? please do tell.
c reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#6 Jul 18, 2013
Go get a life and get a job.

No one on the planet surface cares about one more black kid in Chicago.

You see blacks have killed so many other blacks in chicago over the past year we have no tears left.
The Chicago police have thousands of un investigated unsolved homicides in police filles so one more makes no difference.

There will be no civil rights investigation, no long speeches in ebonics by al notso Sharpton, obozo or the attorney general, Jessie Jackson too busy trying to get his lame kids jobs and fill his his own pockets with money to bother with another black dead kid.

The only person who may actually care is the funeral director cause he gets paid to bury dead black kids and business has been good In Chicago for years.

so get over it go get one of those many jobs obozo created get a real life, get your lazy self off welfare and get out of da hood while your still alive

and stop whining.

move on already
attic doll

Morganfield, KY

#7 Jul 18, 2013
been a pessimist for very long? it's understandable. we live in a sick society. but, i can't just stop caring.

i do work, i make low wages, i get no government support, nor would i want to, i struggle like many others do.

i care about everyone...color has nothing to do with it, where one resides has nothing to do with it, someone's appearance has nothing to do with it.

society and experiences i've been through haven't jaded me to the point where i'm numb to reality.

you say stop whining? whatever. it sounds as though you lack compassion and empathy. here's an idea...you stare into the mirror to frown, while this skinny white woman keeps bitching and screaming because the gov chooses to overlook certain issues that are in dire need of immediate help. for starters, chicago's crime rate.

good day, sunshine.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#8 Jul 18, 2013
attic doll wrote:
been a pessimist for very long? it's understandable. we live in a sick society. but, i can't just stop caring.
i do work, i make low wages, i get no government support, nor would i want to, i struggle like many others do.
i care about everyone...color has nothing to do with it, where one resides has nothing to do with it, someone's appearance has nothing to do with it.
society and experiences i've been through haven't jaded me to the point where i'm numb to reality.
you say stop whining? whatever. it sounds as though you lack compassion and empathy. here's an idea...you stare into the mirror to frown, while this skinny white woman keeps bitching and screaming because the gov chooses to overlook certain issues that are in dire need of immediate help. for starters, chicago's crime rate.
good day, sunshine.
oh I had compassion and empathy but used it all up years ago with the too many too often black people being killed by other black people.

Lost the last of it when the black drug dealers killed a black baby. Then when number 875 was killed three years ago I ran out.
none left for number 876

I'll try walmart see if they have any more compassion or empathy on sale.
bensleys reality

Nashua, NH

#9 Jul 18, 2013
Green isn't a tragedy it's just another black person killed by other black people in Chicago.
And no one cares.

the killings happen so often and for so long its a way of life or death in the case of the people of the south side of Chicago.

several thousands of black people killed in the city by black people in past years moves the killing events beyond a tragedy into a way of life in the city.

so go get a job and a life.
attic doll

Morganfield, KY

#10 Jul 18, 2013
'just another black person killed by another black' you say? your words are utter bullshit. and then, you have the audacity to follow up with 'no one cares'?

do you not value life?
attic doll

Morganfield, KY

#12 Jul 20, 2013
uh, sorry, your words of wisdom did nothing.......... i still care.
Wayne

Highland Park, IL

#13 Jul 22, 2013
attic doll wrote:
Wayne, a question for you...do you actually live in Winnetka? please do tell.
"Please do tell"? Is that sarcasm, reverse snobbery or a request for which spoof ISP site I prefer?

Do you actually live in Kentucky? If so, your ex-Republican Sen Rand Paul needs some local help.A lot of it.

BTW, yes.
attic doll

Dawson Springs, KY

#14 Jul 22, 2013
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
"Please do tell"? Is that sarcasm, reverse snobbery or a request for which spoof ISP site I prefer?
Do you actually live in Kentucky? If so, your ex-Republican Sen Rand Paul needs some local help.A lot of it.
BTW, yes.
no sarcasm, snobbery or request on my part. i was basically just being nosy. indeed, chicago is very diverse. to be one of the most fortunate in chicago would be too heavy a burden for me.
i do live in kentucky. senator paul needs no help, although his former aide might. it seems racial remarks and the double standard has, yet again, reared it's ugly head. imus and howard stern comes to mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 71,010
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min No Surprize 1,153,980
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques Ottawa 181,800
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min mdbuilder 49,188
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 2 hr Le Jimbo 17
1 dead, 9 injured in daytime Chicago shootings 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
xtra xtra read all about it! 2 hr Read and weep 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance