Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Mike Reilly spent his lifetime chasing the California dream. This year he's going to look for it in Colorado .

Comments (Page 84)

Showing posts 1,661 - 1,680 of1,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Ruling over East of Vegas(EOV)”

Since: Dec 12

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Btw, unions should be to help poor minimum wage guys from being exploited. not help "Directors of Food and Beverage Licenses" sit on their asses all day, make 800K a year with a guaranteed 700K pension. Sorry, but anyone can have common sense and issue alcohol licenses in Hollywood.

You have to be specific in your criticisms. To be broad, only hurts your cause because it brings in people who may benefit that need it.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try Pammy. I don't live near the Beach, I live on the Beach. I worked hard and made a good living. I'm only upset because I love California and hate to see what the union hacks who pretend to be democrats at election time have done to our State.
Oh, so you're homeless and live on the beach. I see. LOL.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think its getting to the point where pensions have to be capped and so do salaries. I don't see why any government employee needs a $800K pension. It should be maxed out at $200K, even if you are LA city council. Government jobs are easy. You don't really need talent for most of these positions. You just have to be good at politics. And that should not be compensated.
I agree with you there. I think they should cap the government pensions at 75K, make that the maximum, and the low level clerical workers who currently get $75,000 a year pensions should have their pensions cut down to more like $30K. They would still have taken those jobs and have been willing to take $30K pensions given they have no college at all. The pensions are far too big for their levels of education. I know retired house painters and clerical workers who get $75,000-$100,000 pensions in CA. It's insane.
Post Turtle

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Typical government lyes. Don't miss this Vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup ...
L-il Jumperdoodlex42

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Arming old folks and kids is silly. My granparents is old and mostly drunk and when they get a good hard heat on they would shoot up the joint and never hit what they aimed at but sure could bust out your vacation plans if you was next door, out the window, upstairs or wherever the shot went up and went. This is not a good idea. Now what if we had a booth at the entrance to the malls and theatres and at that booth you could rent a weapon for however long you thought you would need it or be there. That way we could all have guns, at least part time, and there would be money flowing and taxes paid and whatsees laid. Sorry. That just slipped in.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I agree with you there. I think they should cap the government pensions at 75K, make that the maximum, and the low level clerical workers who currently get $75,000 a year pensions should have their pensions cut down to more like $30K. They would still have taken those jobs and have been willing to take $30K pensions given they have no college at all. The pensions are far too big for their levels of education. I know retired house painters and clerical workers who get $75,000-$100,000 pensions in CA. It's insane.

BY THE TIME YOU GET THIS MESSAGE YOU WILL BE LIVING IN MEXICO -WHAT STATE DID YOU THINK YOU WERE IN?BUT NO WORRIES MEXICO HAS A MUCH BETTER PLAN THEN AMERICA DOES! WTF?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

AH THE REALITY OF VIDEO GAMES HAS MOLDED THOSE CHILDISH MINDS ONTO THEIR OWN SELF INDUCED FUTURE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I HEARD THEY FOUND 65 ILLEGALS PACKED INTO A T.V SET! JUST WAIT TILL THEY GET OVER THE BORDER!! WOO HOOO
Roger Edgar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Come on people. We aren't stupid. We knew that Gray Davis formed the Devils Partnership with the public employee unions in '99 and we didn't demand that it stop.

Now a small central valley School Supt retires with a $303,000 per year pension at tax slave expense. That is about FOUR times as much as in any other State for the same job. That is just one of thousands of wildly out of the norm pension schemes extorted from our kids. State Democrats used their voting majority to DO THAT TO OUR OWN CHILDREN WHO WILL BE FORCED TO PAY FOR IT.

Does it really matter whether State Dem voters used their majority to fail our own children and our State because they are brain dead losers or merely common street trash?

History will define them as Monsters or Morons to have done this to our kids. We will just have to wait and see.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Drunks shouldn't have gun rights. Who does that man think he is to suggest they shouldn't be allowed at all to have guns?
Vote Obama

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck? LOL
Hundreds of thousands of Korean Marines went to Vietnam to shed blood for the US "blood ties" dood. Don't act like it was all one way dood.
I think the official stat was 1 out of 8 Korean males went to the Vietnam War, while only 1 out of 10 American males ended up going.
Anyways. Learn something first dood. And guess what, a lot of those Korean vets who went to Vietnam live right around you. But guess what? No one cares about them because you chose to ignore them.
Whoa! Your IQ is as big as your shoe size, wow!

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa! Your IQ is as big as your shoe size, wow!
How so?

You just moved to California huh? Newb.

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you there. I think they should cap the government pensions at 75K, make that the maximum, and the low level clerical workers who currently get $75,000 a year pensions should have their pensions cut down to more like $30K. They would still have taken those jobs and have been willing to take $30K pensions given they have no college at all. The pensions are far too big for their levels of education. I know retired house painters and clerical workers who get $75,000-$100,000 pensions in CA. It's insane.
Yeah, social security is all most non pensioned retirees have to live on. These fat pensions got to go. Soon it will get to the point where we will have to fire teachers, close schools, and make people go hungry just to pay a 400K a year pension. Thats just ridiculous and beyond common sense.
Vote Obama

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
You just moved to California huh? Newb.
Actually I've been here more than four decades and the money is not bad either thank you very much. lol

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I've been here more than four decades and the money is not bad either thank you very much. lol
I didn't ask you about money.

Whats the point of mentioning that?

Someone insecure about their intelligence or something else..?

Maybe you want to make a list of what kind of car you drive, right after you get brained.

Even though no one asked???
Wondering

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

California land of Welfare and Illegal Aliens!

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
California land of Welfare and Illegal Aliens!
Yes, welfare for southern states.

California redistributes about $50 billion in federal taxes to Southern states every year.

Thats way more than any other sort of welfare California is taxed for.

Don't discrimate based on race. Discriminate based on AMOUNT. Clearly, federal subsidies to the poor Southern States is much bigger than anything else. Next is oversized pensions to government workers on a per capita basis.

These are the facts.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, social security is all most non pensioned retirees have to live on. These fat pensions got to go. Soon it will get to the point where we will have to fire teachers, close schools, and make people go hungry just to pay a 400K a year pension. Thats just ridiculous and beyond common sense.
Exactly. I saw a special on public television about the pension crisis and one guy on the show said that the government pensions are underfuned by about 55 percent. So it does make sense to cut the pensions in half. If CalPERS only has 45 percent saved to give to state retirees, them cut the pensions down to about what CalPERS actually has. One thing they said is that CalPERS promised it could make an 8 percent profit on their investments, and yet it actually has been making more like 1.5 percent on its investments. So it is not going to be able to keep those big pension promises, which means either cut the pensions back to something reasonable, or the states will raise sales taxes, property taxes and state income taxes.

Did you know that a lot of those government retirees also get SS and Medicare on top of the big pensions?
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Roger Edgar wrote:
Come on people. We aren't stupid. We knew that Gray Davis formed the Devils Partnership with the public employee unions in '99 and we didn't demand that it stop.
Now a small central valley School Supt retires with a $303,000 per year pension at tax slave expense. That is about FOUR times as much as in any other State for the same job. That is just one of thousands of wildly out of the norm pension schemes extorted from our kids. State Democrats used their voting majority to DO THAT TO OUR OWN CHILDREN WHO WILL BE FORCED TO PAY FOR IT.
Does it really matter whether State Dem voters used their majority to fail our own children and our State because they are brain dead losers or merely common street trash?
History will define them as Monsters or Morons to have done this to our kids. We will just have to wait and see.
OMG. A school sup gets a $300,000 pension. Wow. This is where the money goes when they take out bonds for the schools or give some of states' lottery money to the schools or like in CA they just created a new millionaires tax and they say it will go to the schools. But, no matter how much money they get for the schools, it never goes to the kids, it actually goes for the big pensions for the administrative jobs. That's how they fund those outrageous pensions. And then they always say the schools are broke and they still feed the kids junk food they were feeding them back 30 years ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

1 KOREAN AMERICAN-ALL YOUR RANTS AND BLAMING YOUR SELF INDUCED "INTELLECT" ON EVERYONE ELSE MAKES ME IN AWE OF THE OUTSTANDING JOB OF BRAINWASHING THE MEXICANS HAVE DONE TO YOU-LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU HAVE BEEN IN MEXICO FOR YEARS AND DON'T KNOW IT AND TO CREATE GOOD "SLAVES" THEY NEED TO BE REPROGRAMMED TO YOUR ENEMIES IDEOLOGIES WHICH IS WHY THEY ARE AS USUAL PLUNGING YOUR STATE INTO BANKRUPTCY ONE CITY AT A TIME AND THEY WILL DO THE SAME WITH TEXAS AND ARIZONA -SIMPLE CAUSE AND EFFECT WHEN YOU MAKE MEXICANS AN EXCEPTION TO THE REST OF AMERICA AND LEAVE THE BILL AND MORE I.O.Us AS YOU STUMBLE OFF IN DRUNKEN DELUSIONAL DENIAL TO FORCE YOUR "LIKE AWESOME " FREE STATE ON SOMEOEN ELSE- IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

TYRANNY IS FREEDOM

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,661 - 1,680 of1,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Women of war The powerful portraits of Aleppo’s... 4 min Damien Gayle 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min PEllen 97,459
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,073,378
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min HPV 48,706
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Brian_G 45,612
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min voice of peace 67,555
Zip Coon Sing Along LOL 36 min You Tube 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••