Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Mike Reilly spent his lifetime chasing the California dream. This year he's going to look for it in Colorado .

Comments (Page 83)

Showing posts 1,641 - 1,660 of1,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Ruling over East of Vegas(EOV)”

Since: Dec 12

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about your neck of the woods but have you ever been in a quality grocery store where hardly any item goes for less than 5 bucks? I feel sorry for people that hate unions because they just can't afford the better things in life. What a shame to have that reality hanging over your head.
Unions can help those who would otherwise be exploited and never move up in society.

But sometimes unions take it too far, where the business can't improve its equipment (i.e. airlines and auto factories) so they get less competitive and outdated (crappy cars and stinky airplanes), then everyone loses their jobs.

In the end, you probably need an Asian guy to fix up the mess... as usual.
Vote Obama

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions can help those who would otherwise be exploited and never move up in society.
But sometimes unions take it too far, where the business can't improve its equipment (i.e. airlines and auto factories) so they get less competitive and outdated (crappy cars and stinky airplanes), then everyone loses their jobs.
In the end, you probably need an Asian guy to fix up the mess... as usual.
Auto companies here get bailed out, so no problem. Stinky airplanes? I don't know about that, Boeing pays nice dividends to their stake holders. Oh and uh, I hear the new north korean dicktator wants to smoke the peace pipe with you guys, is that true?

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Auto companies here get bailed out, so no problem. Stinky airplanes? I don't know about that, Boeing pays nice dividends to their stake holders. Oh and uh, I hear the new north korean dicktator wants to smoke the peace pipe with you guys, is that true?
Old airplanes dood. You know that old airplanes are way less fuel efficient than new ones?

I'm talking about airlines. Unions made airlines go bankrupt all the time in the US. Have you ever heard of Pan Am dood?

Why do u say "you heard it"? did you really hear it from someone who is in the know, or did you read it in the papers. then you should say " I read it..."

anyways.

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Auto companies here get bailed out, so no problem. Stinky airplanes? I don't know about that, Boeing pays nice dividends to their stake holders. Oh and uh, I hear the new north korean dicktator wants to smoke the peace pipe with you guys, is that true?
are the cambos still warring wit the 13s or what. they run pretty heavy for their numbers from what I HEAR.
Vote Obama

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
are the cambos still warring wit the 13s or what. they run pretty heavy for their numbers from what I HEAR.
We spilled a lot of blood so your country could remain free from those northside goons. And we're still there protecting you. I think it's way past time that your country grows up and step up to the plate and except the responsibility of protecting yourselves. You have the economic power to do so and we'll even sell you the tanks, planes and bullets. Sound like a winner?

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>We spilled a lot of blood so your country could remain free from those northside goons. And we're still there protecting you. I think it's way past time that your country grows up and step up to the plate and except the responsibility of protecting yourselves. You have the economic power to do so and we'll even sell you the tanks, planes and bullets. Sound like a winner?
What the heck? LOL

Hundreds of thousands of Korean Marines went to Vietnam to shed blood for the US "blood ties" dood. Don't act like it was all one way dood.

I think the official stat was 1 out of 8 Korean males went to the Vietnam War, while only 1 out of 10 American males ended up going.

Anyways. Learn something first dood. And guess what, a lot of those Korean vets who went to Vietnam live right around you. But guess what? No one cares about them because you chose to ignore them.

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>We spilled a lot of blood so your country could remain free from those northside goons. And we're still there protecting you. I think it's way past time that your country grows up and step up to the plate and except the responsibility of protecting yourselves. You have the economic power to do so and we'll even sell you the tanks, planes and bullets. Sound like a winner?
So next time you see an older Korean dood, make sure you tell him "Thanks for helping defend my freedom, even though Americans have no idea about what Korea did for US in the Vietnam War". And sorry I support anti-Asian Hollywood movies while some of your high school friends died for my freedom.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

If you leave CA and move to AZ or NV, you never see the ocean again and have hot, hot sick weather and tons of smog. Where else can you live where there is no snow, no humidity, no hot nor cold weather and see the ocean every day?

Things constantly change. For one thing, the Mexicans are leaving and moving where it's cheaper to live. They have lots of kids and make low wages, and CA is the most expensive state to live in.

For another thing, how long can CA have $800 billion in unfunded liabilities in their state pensions? It cannot go on forever. Gov. Brown, who is a liberal Dem, had to cut and cut on welfare programs and cut out the state payment to those on SSI and set up copayments for Medicaid, and all of that is a first. So it is only a matter of time before they have to cut those pensions in half. You can't get blood out of a turnip.

Look at it this way. If it has the best weather and is the best place to live, the rich will always want to live here, so it will always be a rich state, if they cut the welfare programs way back, those on welfare would leave. When they ended the $500 a month payment to those who are on SSI, I hardly see anyone on SSI here anymore, and two years ago it was loaded full of people on SSI. All they have to do is cut out the big welfare payments and cut the government pensions in half.

If people keep leaving there is NO tax base to pay those local nor state pensions. Many cities are beginning to file for bankruptcy to get out of their pension promises, to break their contracts with government employees.

There is no other place in the U.S. that is along the ocean, beautiful as can be and that has mild weather. CA will always be the home to the very wealthy. It's only a matter of time before the politicians have to cut welfare and the gov. pensions. All things change in time. I'm not leaving to go away from the coast or to any state with extreme weather. For what? If I had to leave CA after living in San Francisco for over 40 years, I would move to a European country along the water that has similar mild weather to CA and that has educated intelligent people. I would never go to the south. Not ever going to happen.

People say oh people are moving from CA to Texas. Well, Texas has horrible weather, just as many if not more Mexicans than CA has, lower paying jobs, and tons of rednecks. No thanks.
ASIA LATIN AFRO MID EAST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that major political parties should be eliminated and people should vote on candidates.
For instance, I am a social conservative and fiscally moderate/liberal. I believe rich people should pay more, but poor people should do good things for the public when collecting benefits. I believe the US should be #1 in military as well as technology. I believe the US should brain drain Asia and the rest of the world for the smartest people and get them to invent their things in America.
At the same time, I don't believe in single parenthood and I don't believe in gay education, although I could care less what they do in their own neighborhoods. I don't want to have to choose which ones are more important. I think they are all important.
Oh year Brain drain to to produce War machines/killing tech... You have your mental lobe backward on this.
Post Turtle

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
So next time you see an older Korean dood, make sure you tell him "Thanks for helping defend my freedom, even though Americans have no idea about what Korea did for US in the Vietnam War". And sorry I support anti-Asian Hollywood movies while some of your high school friends died for my freedom.
I was in Vietnam and seen lots of Koreans there. The ones I seen held down bridges so they didn't get blown up during the night.
Roger Edgar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Pamela wrote:
If you leave CA and move to AZ or NV, you never see the ocean again and have hot, hot sick weather and tons of smog. Where else can you live where there is no snow, no humidity, no hot nor cold weather and see the ocean every day?
Things constantly change. For one thing, the Mexicans are leaving and moving where it's cheaper to live. They have lots of kids and make low wages, and CA is the most expensive state to live in.
For another thing, how long can CA have $800 billion in unfunded liabilities in their state pensions? It cannot go on forever. Gov. Brown, who is a liberal Dem, had to cut and cut on welfare programs and cut out the state payment to those on SSI and set up copayments for Medicaid, and all of that is a first. So it is only a matter of time before they have to cut those pensions in half. You can't get blood out of a turnip.
Look at it this way. If it has the best weather and is the best place to live, the rich will always want to live here, so it will always be a rich state, if they cut the welfare programs way back, those on welfare would leave. When they ended the $500 a month payment to those who are on SSI, I hardly see anyone on SSI here anymore, and two years ago it was loaded full of people on SSI. All they have to do is cut out the big welfare payments and cut the government pensions in half.
If people keep leaving there is NO tax base to pay those local nor state pensions. Many cities are beginning to file for bankruptcy to get out of their pension promises, to break their contracts with government employees.
There is no other place in the U.S. that is along the ocean, beautiful as can be and that has mild weather. CA will always be the home to the very wealthy. It's only a matter of time before the politicians have to cut welfare and the gov. pensions. All things change in time. I'm not leaving to go away from the coast or to any state with extreme weather. For what? If I had to leave CA after living in San Francisco for over 40 years, I would move to a European country along the water that has similar mild weather to CA and that has educated intelligent people. I would never go to the south. Not ever going to happen.
People say oh people are moving from CA to Texas. Well, Texas has horrible weather, just as many if not more Mexicans than CA has, lower paying jobs, and tons of rednecks. No thanks.
California will survive. The most politically ignorant losers in America need somewhere to live.
It's funny to watch "public employees" making three times as much as the pitiful suckers who are forced to pay their extravagant compensations for doing the same jobs. Chumps and Suckers need somewhere to live. Might as well stay in Calif and elect more diabolical UnionCrats who make your families slaves to the unions never ending demands. After all, their is no cure for STUPID.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
California will survive. The most politically ignorant losers in America need somewhere to live.
It's funny to watch "public employees" making three times as much as the pitiful suckers who are forced to pay their extravagant compensations for doing the same jobs. Chumps and Suckers need somewhere to live. Might as well stay in Calif and elect more diabolical UnionCrats who make your families slaves to the unions never ending demands. After all, their is no cure for STUPID.
You're hiding where you live cause you live in the backwoods of Mississippi with your inbred relatives. I bet where you live you never, ever see the ocean, everyone is fat and just as dumb and mean as you are, and you're stuck in snow right now. Of course. Another mean idiot American coming into chatboards to be mean to people. I bet you have NO higher education, a low IQ and you're a fat ass hillbilly from hell. Of course. I bet you are dumb as a fence post and with the tea party. Same old stuff.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall, last year's story about Bell, California...where city government actually voted themselves huge salarys while the citizens were going through such tough, economic times.....Wonder if they ever did anything to those creeps?
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Imagine morons attacking people who live in CA instead of attacking the unions and government employees and telling people to run, move elsewhere and instead of fighting the unions and government workers. Run where? I moved to Oregon, it rains nonstop 8-9 months out of the year. After I froze to death for 8 months, I moved back to CA. My sister-in-law moved to Montana and sat in snow for 6 months and moved back to CA. The answer is not to run away. Stand and fight. And stop blaming people over which state they live in like idiot retards. People ONLY come into Topix to say mean stupid crap to strangers. It's the low IQ, uneducated, tea party mental cases.

Roger - It's unions' demands, not unions demands. You're just coming in here to be mean, and like most male tea party head cases, especially mean to women.
Roger Edgar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Pamela wrote:
Imagine morons attacking people who live in CA instead of attacking the unions and government employees and telling people to run, move elsewhere and instead of fighting the unions and government workers. Run where? I moved to Oregon, it rains nonstop 8-9 months out of the year. After I froze to death for 8 months, I moved back to CA. My sister-in-law moved to Montana and sat in snow for 6 months and moved back to CA. The answer is not to run away. Stand and fight. And stop blaming people over which state they live in like idiot retards. People ONLY come into Topix to say mean stupid crap to strangers. It's the low IQ, uneducated, tea party mental cases.
Roger - It's unions' demands, not unions demands. You're just coming in here to be mean, and like most male tea party head cases, especially mean to women.
Nice try Pammy. I don't live near the Beach, I live on the Beach. I worked hard and made a good living. I'm only upset because I love California and hate to see what the union hacks who pretend to be democrats at election time have done to our State.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

[If you leave CA and move to AZ or NV, you never see the ocean again and have hot, hot sick weather and tons of smog. Where else can you live where there is no snow, no humidity, no hot nor cold weather and see the ocean every day?
People say oh people are moving from CA to Texas. Well, Texas has horrible weather, just as many if not more Mexicans than CA has, lower paying jobs, and tons of rednecks. No thanks. WHAT YOU NEVER DID WAS BOTHER TO LOOK AT WHY IN ALL MEXICAN/AZTECS PEOPLES YEARS OF "INDIGNEOUS LIVING WHY THEY HAVENT MADE ANYTING THEY ACTUALLY WANNA LIVE IN -THOSE PRE AMERICA LANDS THEY HAD WERE MADE BANKRUPT SLAVE STATES DUE TO THEIR OWN GREED AND NEED FOR EXPANSION THUSLY WHY THEY MOVED SOUTH TO "TAKE" MEXICO AND NOW AFTER BEING DEPENDENT ON AMERICA FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS CALIFORNIANS DECIDE TO GIVE THEM A FREE RIDE BASED ON RACE BECAUSE "THEY'RE NOT RACISTS"?? THEN ARE AMAZED WHEN THE MEXICANS KICK THEM OUT? THIS IS WHY MEXICANS WILL DRIVE CALIFORNIA INTO BANKRUPTCY ONE CITY AT A TIME AND TEXAS AND ARIZONA AS WELL
P.S -AND AS FAR AS THE "SLAVE" THING GOES YOU CREATE SLAVES BY REPOGRAMMING THEM WITH YOUR IDEALS AND MEXICANS HAVE BEEN IN THE SOUTHWEST FOR YEARS BUT BECAUSE THEY DO IT WITH A SMILE AND A TACO AMERICANS HAVE NO IDEA -THINKING IN ALL THEIR AWESOME PROGRESSIVE ENLIGHTENMENT ADOPTING MEXICOS CULTURE AS THEIR OWN THINKING THEY ARE MORE CIVILIZED OR WORLDLY NOW BECAUSE THEY EAT TACOS?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

THE REASON THEY ARE CALLED ILLEGAL ALIENS" IS BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE HUMAN CHARACTERISTICS NO
-SENSE OF CONSCIENCE
-SENSE OF GUILT
-REAL SYMPATHY OR APATHY FOR HUMANITY
-NO SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG
THEIR "INHUMAN "QUALITIES IS WHAT MAKES THEM ABLE TO PENETRATE AMERICA SO EASILY THEIR GREATEST WEAPON IS THEIR GREATEST WEAKNESS THEY WANT TO BE HUMAN BUT HAVE TO LEARN BY WATCHING AND COPYING OTHERS -SOUNDS ALIEN BECAUSE IT IS!
JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SMILES AT YOU DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING AND THE FACT THAT AMERICANS ACTUALLY ASSUME MEXICANS COULD GIVE TWO TAMALES ABOUT YOU OR THE CONCEPT OF AMERICA IS NAIVE -REGARDLESS ALL IS FAIR IN WARFARE
Roger Edgar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Pamela wrote:
The "illegals" add a lot more value than the cost to help them in Calif.

The Union legacy costs killed California. And, it will never prosper again. The voters are stupid and just don't pay attention. The highest paid public employees in America got that way because State Democratic politicians screwed us all in return for Union campaign support. Calif is proof positive that political ignorance is definitely not bliss.

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

ASIA LATIN AFRO MID EAST wrote:
<quoted text>Oh year Brain drain to to produce War machines/killing tech... You have your mental lobe backward on this.
I think its important to have the top military in the world. That way it makes it easier to avoid wars. Tech is more Silicon Valley stuff. Brain drain is for tech, not military.

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
The "illegals" add a lot more value than the cost to help them in Calif.
The Union legacy costs killed California. And, it will never prosper again. The voters are stupid and just don't pay attention. The highest paid public employees in America got that way because State Democratic politicians screwed us all in return for Union campaign support. Calif is proof positive that political ignorance is definitely not bliss.
Yeah, I think its getting to the point where pensions have to be capped and so do salaries. I don't see why any government employee needs a $800K pension. It should be maxed out at $200K, even if you are LA city council. Government jobs are easy. You don't really need talent for most of these positions. You just have to be good at politics. And that should not be compensated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,641 - 1,660 of1,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,071,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min voice of peace 67,526
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 13 min mr ridgway 3,815
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min LRS 173,591
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min mdbuilder 45,458
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 49 min andet1987 393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min Frijoles 68,136
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search