Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an...

Mike Reilly spent his lifetime chasing the California dream. This year he's going to look for it in Colorado . Full Story

“Ruling over East of Vegas(EOV)”

Since: Dec 12

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1682 Jan 1, 2013
petro wrote:
<quoted text> Seems pretty clear you're the mentally challenged laughing stock of THIS THREAD! lol! lol! and aren't worth a challenge from ANYONE!
Btw, you weren't really known in school for being a smart one eh?

You don't sound like a jock type either.

I guess you were one of the average guys with average or slightly below average intelligence.

you should just stick to what you know best. You know what I mean right? Good. Now, go on kid. Here's a nickel, go get yourself a soda.

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1683 Jan 1, 2013
California = Germany

Your state = Greece (most likely)

Germany gives orders to Greece

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1684 Jan 1, 2013
sba131 wrote:
<quoted text> You are quite boring. Ego and all.
Ego or not, thats not a reason to let the truth evade the jaws of defeat.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#1685 Jan 2, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said 19042 times already in this thread. California's budget problems are because of all the support and subsidizing they do for poorer states.
Federalism is the problem. Not California.
No it isn't. It is californians who are moving out because of the economy.
White man

Houston, TX

#1686 Jan 2, 2013
Bill Smith wrote:
As always, the people who move out of Kalifornia bring their fascism with them and then they try to force fascist policies on their new hosts, just like a cancer.
This is true. Don't give them an inch.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#1687 Jan 2, 2013
White man wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know? This is the same senator trying to legalize marijuana, Barbara boxer.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1688 Jan 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know? This is the same senator trying to legalize marijuana, Barbara boxer.
If you had a clue, as to what is going on along our southern border....legalizing and taxing marijuana makes all the sense in the world.....it has been another failed prohibition....
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#1689 Jan 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>If you had a clue, as to what is going on along our southern border....legalizing and taxing marijuana makes all the sense in the world.....it has been another failed prohibition....
Marijuana will make it simply more accessible to kids. And what about people who are trying to get off smoking and are trying to resist the temptation? I doubt you would be helping them.

Since: Apr 10

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#1690 Jan 2, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
California = Germany
Have you ever been to Korea Town in Los Angeles, Ca? They don't have one of those in Germany.

I recommend that you take a moment to learn up on how much California cherishes its Korean community and retract your statement that California is Germany.

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#1691 Jan 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Marijuana will make it simply more accessible to kids. And what about people who are trying to get off smoking and are trying to resist the temptation? I doubt you would be helping them.
Illegal marijuana off the streets is more accessible to kids then legally sold marijuana.

Lets not pretend differently!!!

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#1692 Jan 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>If you had a clue, as to what is going on along our southern border....legalizing and taxing marijuana makes all the sense in the world.....it has been another failed prohibition....
Legalizing marijuana will take profits out of the hands of drug cartels. It might in fact make drug cartels go legitimately into business as theirs still money to be made.

Look at your alcohol companies... they're making billions!!!

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1693 Jan 2, 2013
The Real American wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to Korea Town in Los Angeles, Ca? They don't have one of those in Germany.
I recommend that you take a moment to learn up on how much California cherishes its Korean community and retract your statement that California is Germany.
WTH?

Obviously I am referencing the status of a state/federal unit that subsidizes another state/federal unit. Since California subsidizes other states, it is more like Germany than Greece.

I'm talking politics here and the interdependent, sometimes conjugal relationship between member states of a political union.

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1694 Jan 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It is californians who are moving out because of the economy.
I was addressing these "allegations" that California is "bankrupt" because of illegals and dirty people taking up welfare mony from hard working white people.

Actually, the real picture paints a different picture. One in which California is subsidizing midwestern and southern states at the tune of $50 billion a year, while California's budget deficit is about $50 billion a year.

Its not even "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". Its like, people don't even know where the food came from.

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1695 Jan 2, 2013
White man wrote:
<quoted text>
People who move out of California have high hopes about their new environments because in California we...

1) Have the only school system in the world where the publics are considered more prestigious than most of the heavily funded privates. Only in California

2) At its peak in 2000, 1/6 of USAs exports were from Silicon Valley. Its nice to have exports that aren't made with cow dung.

3) Hollywood, although makes a lot of strange movies, does for many people, project the only positive image of America to the rest of the world.

4) A state where everyone is a minority, and yet people find happiness in having goals that supercede only being concerned 100% about their race.

5) A state where people can actually innovate, invent, and make society a better place.

Now, some of the people who move to your area, their main problem is that they are delusional in that they expect every state to have the potential of California. The sad truth is that, it is not the case, and if California did not subsidize other states so much, maybe he or she would not have had to move because of the lack of jobs stemming from California being bled to death from the outside.

Location hidden

#1696 Jan 2, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
I was addressing these "allegations" that California is "bankrupt" because of illegals and dirty people taking up welfare mony from hard working white people.
Actually, the real picture paints a different picture. One in which California is subsidizing midwestern and southern states at the tune of $50 billion a year, while California's budget deficit is about $50 billion a year.
Its not even "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". Its like, people don't even know where the food came from.
You are an example of someone....BULLSHITT*NG THEIR WAY THROUGH AN ESSAY QUESTION.....CALIFORNIA IS A DUMP, IT'S WHY THE PEOPLE ARE FLEEING....

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1697 Jan 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You are an example of someone....BULLSHITT*NG THEIR WAY THROUGH AN ESSAY QUESTION.....CALIFORNIA IS A DUMP, IT'S WHY THE PEOPLE ARE FLEEING....
Its because states like yours bled California for money. Everything else that happened, is a reflection of that initial action.

Over 20 years, other states bled California of over $300 billion in money that could have gone to fix roads, build schools, employ teachers, train policemen, clean parks, etc...

Those employed could have rebuilt their houses, improved their neighborhoods, etc...etc...

But no. Your state had to be greedy. Because thats how your state operates. Take as much as you can from everyone else. Real nice of you and your state.

Location hidden

#1698 Jan 2, 2013
Amazing, that you have no problem, repeating the same wrong information, endlessly....good for you...

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1699 Jan 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Amazing, that you have no problem, repeating the same wrong information, endlessly....good for you...
http://www.calinst.org/pubs/balance2003.htm

"In fiscal year 2003, Californiansí tax payments to the federal treasury exceeded federal spending in the state by $50 billion, a record high."

Do you disagree with this statement? Do you dispute its factuality?

Or do you disagree with your own brain's ability to absorb it? If its the latter, then I understand. Not all of us are gifted in that way...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1700 Jan 2, 2013
who="1 Korean American"]California = Germany

WELL SINCE THE MEXICANS HAVE BEEN BRAIWNASHING CALIFORNIANS FOR YEARS THEN KICKED EM OUT TO GO TRASH ANOTEHR STATE WITH THEIR "LIKE OBVIOUS BRAND OF "FREEDUMB" AND GENIUS "! THAT THEY DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO LIVE IN -LIKE ORWELL WROTE IN 1984
-FREEDOM IS TYRANNY
-IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
AND EVERYWHERE CALIFORNIANS GO IN THEIR STATE OF DRUNKEN DENIAL THEY BRING THEIR FEAR INFESTED,TRASH CAN OF A CRIME RIDDEN POLICE STATE WITH THEM AND ARE CLUELESS AS TO WHY WHEREVER THEY GO TURNS TO THE SAME MESS-SUCH AS THE TRASHPLANT CALIFORNIANS RUNNING UP HERE TO GRACE US WITH THEIR PRESENCE AND FINDS HER CAR GETTING BROKE INTO AND CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF HER FIGURE OUT WHY THAT WOULD HAPPEN WHEN THEY MOVED TO A DIFFERENT STATE? AS IF CRIME AND CAR JACKINGS DON'T HAPPEN IN LA? WTF?

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#1701 Jan 2, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation...

in 2007, California subsidized other states (federal treasury) in the amount of $55 billion. Another record high.

Public information available anywhere and anyone with a brain open to solving problems.

Only people who are American patriots will want to solve America's problems.

Time to ask yourself what you are and if you are in fact... a civilian patriot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min TSM 1,127,233
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min You R My Labrat 50,654
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min wojar 179,475
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 3 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 3 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]