Thousands of Californians are moving ...

Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an...

There are 1976 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 12, 2009, titled Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Mike Reilly spent his lifetime chasing the California dream. This year he's going to look for it in Colorado .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Pasquale Daly

Deerfield Beach, FL

#1568 Jul 21, 2009
Ex Native wrote:
http://www.taoschamber.com/ind ex.html
Come to New Mexico, economy is good lots of money to spend here
You single dumplin ??
Devoirs

Fairfax, VA

#1569 Jul 21, 2009
CALIFORNIA’S ECONOMY IS INDEED IN TROUBLE.

LIFE MAY BE BETTER ELSEWHERE.

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

GEORGE W. BUSH IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CRIMINAL STALKER AND SERIAL KILLER!

“In her suit, Margie Schoedinger states that George W. Bush committed sexual crimes against her, organized harassment and moral pressure on her, her family members and close relatives and friends. As Schoedinger said, she was strongly recommended to keep her mouth shut.... Furthermore, she alleges that George Bush ordered to show pressure on her to the point, when she commits suicide”(go to Google, type “blog of drizzten Margie Schoedinger,” and hit “Enter”).

“George [Bush is personally complicit] in the death (murder to be precise) of my friend Margie Schoedinger in September of 2003. Determining the exact whereabouts and contacts of ... George Bush on September 21 thru 22, 2003, should be entirely lacking in difficulty”(Leola McConnell; go to Google, type “Leola McConnell blogspot Margie Schoedinger,” and hit “Enter”).

McConnell is correct: Bush applying pressure (continuously criminally stalking Margie Schoedinger) purposefully to force Schoedinger to commit suicide does in fact constitute murder where it culminated in her death.

Bush’s method of murdering Schoedinger cannot exist in a vacuum: he must have murdered other people in the same way.

During Bush’s presidency, of course Bush would have desired to kill people whom he hated or get them out of his way. Insofar as Bush was clearly capable of murdering Schoedinger—even in “broad daylight”—and is clearly capable of getting away with it, in consideration of common sense and the laws of human nature, Bush of course murdered numerous people in the disgusting way he murdered Schoedinger. One can examine public information; in various situations where people who sought to oppose or disadvantage Bush ever so frighteningly ended up “committing suicide”—specifically—Bush murdered them just like he murdered Schoedinger. For example, Bush murdered James Howard Hatfield by continuously criminally stalking Hatfield to the point that Hatfield could not get away from it—purposefully to force Hatfield to commit suicide—and Hatfield committed suicide in desperation to escape. However, the vast majority of such scandalous cases will never come out (the grisly details are typically hard to substantiate). A prosecutor really can lawfully charge a former president with murdering one or more people in the disgusting way Bush murdered Schoedinger. The American people unfortunately live in a world where evil presidents can murder any number of people—figuratively—with a wave of a magic wand and get away with it.

(There are thousands of copies of the information above on the Internet. Please feel free to go to any major search engine, type “GEORGE W. BUSH IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CRIMINAL STALKER AND SERIAL KILLER” or “George W. Bush continuously criminally stalked Margie Schoedinger to the point that she could not get away from it, and she committed suicide in desperation to escape: he murdered her” or “George W. Bush applying pressure (continuously criminally stalking Margie Schoedinger) purposefully to force Schoedinger to commit suicide does in fact constitute murder where it culminated in her death” or “George W. Bush murdered James Howard Hatfield by continuously criminally stalking Hatfield to the point that Hatfield could not get away from it—purposefully to force Hatfield to commit suicide—and Hatfield committed suicide in desperation to escape,” hit “Enter,” and readily find hundreds of copies.)

(Please feel free to go to Google, type “GEORGE W. BUSH IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY blog of Andrew Wang,” and hit “Enter.”)
Messiah College, Grantham, PA
Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993
Forjustice

Bloomfield, CT

#1570 Jul 21, 2009
Thank You wrote:
The more people that leave the better it is for those of us who stay...Adios...
I was happy to leave LA in 68, tooooo much smog, very unhealthy enviornment and gangs/
Forjustice

Bloomfield, CT

#1571 Jul 21, 2009
nite-writer wrote:
if you live in california,you know that it was andwill be again a great state. just dont give up on it. try and help change it,with petions etc.
dont let the illegals take over our state. they
have it too easy to get welfare, medical etc. some
live better thenthe rest of us. i have also never
lived in as nice a home with their section 8 like
they do. make iteasier to start a business
here and maybe some of the good companies will
come back. this is america? right
TOO LATE!! we should annex California back to Mexico and the Hollywood liberal leftists should be annexed with them, let Mexico become the movie capital of the world. Put a 30 foot wall up around California with razor wire. U.S Tax payers will save millions in bailout dollars.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#1572 Jul 22, 2009
Pasquale Daly wrote:
<quoted text>well bottom-feeder, If I am stupid.. you must be really hurting...I'll stick to what I want to stick to..kind of like you, gum on the bottom of my Doc Martins.
3) Malicious: A malicious troll arrives with the intent of being blatantly abusive to the group and/or specific individuals within the group. One of their characteristics is that within a very short time of gaining access they begin targeting and harassing members using both low-end and high-end tactics. In some cases, the troll has a prior history with the group or someone within the group. In other scenarios, the troll is simply looking for a fresh meat market.
Mary

Sarasota, FL

#1573 Jul 22, 2009
Burp burp burp but when all the renters leave CA because afterall that is all that one can do is RENT is CA what are all the owners of these props going to do actually pay their fair share of the tax? or maybe they will repeal Prop 13??

Well good luck with that one! Most of CA says they are liberals and all that you know "flower power" peace love and surfing dudes but when it really comes down to it they vote in large amounts for a Republican big gas guzzler Governor. At least now CA will also have oil drills off of the Pacific Coast and so FL's beautiful Gulf and Atlantic coasts will not be the only ones destroyed..it is only fair don't you think that the biggest gas guzzling state CA have their own "fleet" of oil platforms off of their own coast? No need to bother other folks' backyards.

It will be the 70s all over again when one could see for miles oil platforms off of Santa Barbara's coast. Oh well you guys did want more taxes to pay for your bills so who did you think was going to fund all that "surfing dude stuff" and peace and love you know!!
Beer wrote:
Burp, so other states tell CA to go home all the time - if they want to fit into our culture fine, but destroy it, especially for $$$$$$- forget it! Greed can leave - goodbye!

Since: Dec 06

Boynton Beach, Fl

#1574 Jul 22, 2009
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
3) Malicious: A malicious troll arrives with the intent of being blatantly abusive to the group and/or specific individuals within the group. One of their characteristics is that within a very short time of gaining access they begin targeting and harassing members using both low-end and high-end tactics. In some cases, the troll has a prior history with the group or someone within the group. In other scenarios, the troll is simply looking for a fresh meat market.
Cricket, I noticed that was all he was contributing, so I just ignore him. Trolls need to be fed or they lose interest, kind of like roaches.

Rick
Pasquale Daly

Deerfield Beach, FL

#1575 Jul 22, 2009
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave your daddy alone, he just got out of prison
Pasquale Daly

Deerfield Beach, FL

#1576 Jul 22, 2009
Rick Caird wrote:
<quoted text>
Cricket, I noticed that was all he was contributing, so I just ignore him. Trolls need to be fed or they lose interest, kind of like roaches.
Rick
You would know Ricky.. driving late at night around the alternative clubs back alleys. Tell us, what line do you use to lure your young twinks into your Toyota Celica, with a tape of Britney Spears playing .
Derek

United States

#1578 Jul 22, 2009
Forjustice wrote:
<quoted text>
TOO LATE!! we should annex California back to Mexico and the Hollywood liberal leftists should be annexed with them, let Mexico become the movie capital of the world. Put a 30 foot wall up around California with razor wire. U.S Tax payers will save millions in bailout dollars.
You idiot the nation would be ruined without California.

California is the eighth largest economy in the entire world and by FAR the largest in this country.

While we could afford to loose the entire northeast, specifically Connecticuit, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Vermont which as fewer people and tourist than the city of Los Angeles.

California is by far the prettiest, sun soaked, fun filled state in the union. No state has more millionaires and/or billionaires than the Golden State.

People leave states like yours daily for California, while its very rare that a Californian would ever consider relocating to your neck of the woods.

#1580 Jul 28, 2009
Pasquale Daly wrote:
<quoted text>You would know Ricky.. driving late at night around the alternative clubs back alleys. Tell us, what line do you use to lure your young twinks into your Toyota Celica, with a tape of Britney Spears playing .
The voice of experience,Sounds like you're coming out of the closet! It's OK I have nothing against gays.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1581 Jul 28, 2009
Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
No state has more millionaires and/or billionaires than the Golden State.
People leave states like yours daily for California, while its very rare that a Californian would ever consider relocating to your neck of the woods.
What is your point with this statement????

California also has the largest concentration of illegal immigrants. They crowd your school systems, your social assistance programs and your corrections systems.

What is your definition of a "Californian"?
Just a guess here but I would have to say anyone human living in your state. Your local residents didn't mind swinging by the Home Depot and picking up your tile and a few cheap installers at the same time. The problem is WE now have to pay for your poor choices.

Thanks California.
Pasquale Daly

Deerfield Beach, FL

#1583 Jul 28, 2009
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The voice of experience,Sounds like you're coming out of the closet! It's OK I have nothing against gays.
Crickky, I have been out of the damn walk in closet for 20 years,,ty for your acceptance..ps. no, I hate Britney

#1584 Jul 28, 2009
Amnesty Supporters Criticize E-Verify in Senate and House Subcommittee Hearings

Last week, E-Verify — the electronic employee verification system that allows employers to verify the work eligibility of their employees - was the topic at both Senate and House subcommittee hearings.(See FAIR's E-Verify Backgrounder). The Senate Judiciary Committee's Immigration Subcommittee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee's Government Management, Organization, and Procurement Subcommittee heard from witnesses about the program.

Despite the great strides that E-Verify has made since its inception in 1996 and its great popularity, some in Congress still question its effectiveness. Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY), the Chairman of the Senate Immigration Subcommittee, presented harsh criticism of E-Verify, calling the program "half-hearted and flawed." Sen. Schumer and other members of the subcommittee expressed concern about what they say is an inability of the system to detect document fraud and identity theft. Senator Schumer did not mention the vast amount of fraud the program can detect when illegal aliens attempt to gain employment by providing invalid Social Security numbers. In fact, although the program reduces an employer's dependence on screening an identification document, Sen. Schumer incorrectly stated that the current system "require[s] employers to make subjective determinations about an employee's identity or legal status."

In order for Congress to move forward with a large-scale amnesty bill, Schumer proposed that his subcommittee look into incorporating "non-forgeable" biometric data into E-Verify. The Subcommittee's Ranking Member, Senator John Cornyn (R-TX), largely agreed with Sen. Schumer, while Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) expressed apprehension with the proposed biometric system. Sen. Sessions expressed satisfaction with E-Verify and the improvements that the system has made, stating that he is "baffled by people who don't use it." (Senate Immigration Subcommittee Hearing, July 21, 2009).

Long-time amnesty advocate Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) testified at the Senate hearing that mandatory employee verification alone will not fix our broken immigration system because "undocumented workers are already an integral part of our country, economy, communities and families." Rep. Gutierrez spoke in support of the biometric-based employment verification system proposed by fellow amnesty proponent, Sen. Schumer.(Testimony of Luis Gutierrez, July 21, 2009).

http://www.fairus.org/site/News2...
terry

Bangor, ME

#1585 Jul 28, 2009
I lived in California briefly in 1970 before moving to Maine. At the time the population of California was I think between 8 and 10 million. The population of Maine at that time was about 1.2 million.

39 years later the population of California is close to 40 million, while the population here is around 1.3 million.

I was visiting a friend in the S.F. area about 3 1/2 years ago and real estate prices were beyond absurd.

Here I live on a dirt road off a dirt road, I don't have to worry about locking the house or taking the keys out of the car, I'm separated by woods from my neighbors on both sides, if I wanna step outside to pee I can without anyone seeing me.

And

there is VERY little traffic here because there is only one house past mine on this road and then the road deteriorates fast, especially with the wet weather we've been having, and come winter just forget it.

Am I a hick? Absodamnlutely!

I can also read, write, count past 10 WITHOUT USING MY FINGERS AND TOES and I don't live in California.
Politicians Sell US Out

United States

#1586 Jul 28, 2009
I grew up in Southern California in the 70's and remembered when we did not lock the cars and did not lock the house when we went out. It was not overcrowded, like it is now.

It's because of decisions of politicians in DC who never have to deal with their mistakes of letting in millions of the third world into the US!

Article:

The 1965 Immigration Act: Anatomy of a Disaster
By: Ben Johnson
FrontPageMagazine.com
http://www.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx...
Politicians Sell US Out

United States

#1587 Jul 28, 2009
Californians have been moving out since the 1990's because of the flood of Illegals from around the world coming into our state.

http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/jtf/JTF_Popu...

This is due to your corrupt politicians in DC.
Derek

United States

#1588 Jul 28, 2009
Middletown Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point with this statement????
California also has the largest concentration of illegal immigrants. They crowd your school systems, your social assistance programs and your corrections systems.
What is your definition of a "Californian"?
Just a guess here but I would have to say anyone human living in your state. Your local residents didn't mind swinging by the Home Depot and picking up your tile and a few cheap installers at the same time. The problem is WE now have to pay for your poor choices.
Thanks California.
You poor, uneducated misfit. It's very likely you've never been to California. You're to poor and uneducated to travel, therefore you are speaking relative to an issue you know nothing about.

Stick to smoking cigarettes, chugging buds and listening to country music, you pathetic Gomer.

Since: Dec 06

Boynton Beach, Fl

#1589 Jul 28, 2009
Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor, uneducated misfit. It's very likely you've never been to California. You're to poor and uneducated to travel, therefore you are speaking relative to an issue you know nothing about.
Stick to smoking cigarettes, chugging buds and listening to country music, you pathetic Gomer.
I have no reason to doubt these number. This post claims that California has 12% of the nations population, but 32% of the nation's welfare recipients. That is not a good thing.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/07/cali...

Rick

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1590 Jul 28, 2009
Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on all points. I have visited LA many times. I have gone past the local Home Depot and seen the crowds. I have been to Sacrement, I have family there.

By the way Derek, don't make assumptions about anyone here mijo. You sound more uneducated than you probably are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,510,103
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min CrunchyBacon 105,072
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Mad Mike 239,635
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 56 min Into The Night 8,078
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr honeymylove 2,371
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 1 hr HotwetPussies 200
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 3,055

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages