exactly
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
But Vick served jail time

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#100298 Sep 8, 2014
myGiants-suckdonkeyballs_andea tpenisforbreakfast.
Mister Tonka wrote:
The passage of time has turned Rambo into a joke/punchline. But I just stumbled across a couple videos on youtube and I really wanna see them again.
Best line: enemy holding Rambo's friend captive asks, "who do you think this man is? God"
"No. God would have mercy on you. He won't!"
Oh, and boom there goes the dynamite. Race's boy tosses up a pick. Lions in the red zone.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#100299 Sep 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
exactly
<quoted text>
Exactly, what? Are you saying that serving time in jail should be an automatic ticket to never get an NFL job again?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#100300 Sep 9, 2014

“Where is Tonka?”

#100301 Sep 9, 2014
I am saying its hypocritical to let him back in, but keep rice out forever. Apparently its more acceptable to engage in a sick sport like dog fighting and shoot losing dogs, then to punch out a woman who is beating on you in an elevator.
Even though every study in the world says that anyone who does either of these things is likely to do the other, given enough time.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, what? Are you saying that serving time in jail should be an automatic ticket to never get an NFL job again?

“Where is Tonka?”

#100302 Sep 9, 2014
More on the korge riot...
Though Fox News and CBS reports do not mention race, a host of media reports clearly state that this incident was black-on-white crime, including a Breitbart report. Those who have commented online regarding the black-on-white attack are justly asking where President Barack Obama, Attorney Eric Holder, and the mainstream media are and why they arenít reporting the racism involved in this horrific crime story. More than 24 hours after the incident, as of Sunday night, the story continues to get very little attention by the mainstream press.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#100303 Sep 9, 2014
RACE wrote:
I am saying its hypocritical to let him back in, but keep rice out forever. Apparently its more acceptable to engage in a sick sport like dog fighting and shoot losing dogs, then to punch out a woman who is beating on you in an elevator.
Even though every study in the world says that anyone who does either of these things is likely to do the other, given enough time.
<quoted text>
Who says he's out forever? He's been suspended indefinitely. If he is as talented as Vick and has teams that would want him on their roster, he will be back in the league in 2 years. What will be more likely to keep him out is being a less than elite level player with deteriorating skills. ie: He likely won't have the skills to be a differencemaker after sitting on the shelf for 2 or 3 years and there will be a dozen other players with less baggage that could fill the same role. But if he keeps his game sharp, I expect him to be back, just like Vick

If you want to travel down this road of what the NFL considers worse, I alrady gave you a taste when I noted his initial suspension compared to a drug suspension. Now go google NFL suspensions. You'll find a few lifetime bans, and I think they are all substance abuse. The NFL does not care what you do off the field until it is something that impacts what you can do on the field.

“Where is Tonka?”

#100304 Sep 9, 2014
Your musing that he will return provided he is an economic benefit to them is as valid as my musing that indefinite suspension equals banned.

And this statement is incorrect:
"The NFL does not care what you do off the field until it is something that impacts what you can do on the field"

Being a wife beater does not impact your on field performance at all, but since it impacts the "Face" of the NFL, he is not allowed to play. I just wish they had the same perception about dog fighting.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says he's out forever? He's been suspended indefinitely. If he is as talented as Vick and has teams that would want him on their roster, he will be back in the league in 2 years. What will be more likely to keep him out is being a less than elite level player with deteriorating skills. ie: He likely won't have the skills to be a differencemaker after sitting on the shelf for 2 or 3 years and there will be a dozen other players with less baggage that could fill the same role. But if he keeps his game sharp, I expect him to be back, just like Vick
If you want to travel down this road of what the NFL considers worse, I alrady gave you a taste when I noted his initial suspension compared to a drug suspension. Now go google NFL suspensions. You'll find a few lifetime bans, and I think they are all substance abuse. The NFL does not care what you do off the field until it is something that impacts what you can do on the field.

“Where is Tonka?”

#100305 Sep 9, 2014
responsible party

Pittsburgh, PA

#100306 Sep 9, 2014
RACE wrote:
More on the korge riot...
Though Fox News and CBS reports do not mention race, a host of media reports clearly state that this incident was black-on-white crime, including a Breitbart report. Those who have commented online regarding the black-on-white attack are justly asking where President Barack Obama, Attorney Eric Holder, and the mainstream media are and why they arenít reporting the racism involved in this horrific crime story. More than 24 hours after the incident, as of Sunday night, the story continues to get very little attention by the mainstream press.
I think you are forgetting that ours is a nation of some 310 million people, from sea to shining sea. There's a lot going on in this country at any given moment and a story like this one can't be "THE BIG STORY" very easily, beyond the Memphis area where it happened. You are also over-estimating the media and their role in promoting news, as well as the role of the president and the AG in acting on crime in this vast land.

Unless you live in Memphis, this is just a sad local story. It's not a national one like celebrity deaths, elevator-beatings or royal births might be. That a site like Breitbart covered it should be enough for you. They appeal to the minority of whites who patrol their kitchens and living rooms, armed, in the event of an attack by Negroes. If for days rampaging hordes of black teens run wild in the streets that would be a national news story same as if white people gathered in the streets to protest the violence.

Stick to Breitbart. It's news tailored to fit you. It's sort of a Minority Report.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#100307 Sep 9, 2014
RACE wrote:
Your musing that he will return provided he is an economic benefit to them is as valid as my musing that indefinite suspension equals banned.
And this statement is incorrect:
"The NFL does not care what you do off the field until it is something that impacts what you can do on the field"
Being a wife beater does not impact your on field performance at all, but since it impacts the "Face" of the NFL, he is not allowed to play. I just wish they had the same perception about dog fighting.
<quoted text>
You're right about the face of the NFL thing, but once the initial outrage dies down, the NFL will soften its stance as history has shown. You think that Vick is back because thay care less about dog fighting than wife beating. I say he's back because he already served time and a league ban. They were ready to move on and let him back in cause he still had value to them. I see no difference with Rice.

Jason Kidd has gotten in trouble with the law for domestic abuse and the worst he suffered in the NBA is fans heckling him with "Wife Beater" signs in the crowd.

Lawrence Philips had a history of violence against women while playing for Nebraska. Dragged a girlfriend down the stairs by her hair, yet he still spent a number of years in the NFL with troube everywhere he went.

History shows that the leagues don't care. Any punishment handed down is posturing for the public. Image control. Just like they were able to say in the Vick case, "we punished him. He served time. He learned his lesson..", I expect the same in this case as long as he is deemed to have value to the league.

“Where is Tonka?”

#100308 Sep 9, 2014
I dunno, if obam-bam and the AG can take the time to weight in whenever a black person is harmed, it seems only fitting that They give equal time to ALL Americans. Or maybe you would like to conveniently forget that POTUS did that?

You seems to be forgetting far more than I

It's also pathetically sad how you trivialize black on white crime Ferguson is a mudtown and it became famous because incendiary hot heads like sharpton show up screaming about how only black people are victims in America. Until you can admit that blacks can be, and ARE as racist as any white person you will be stuck in your victim mentality.
Memphis has 655 K citizens
but Ferguson has only 25K
So maybe you can explain how one gets national coverage and the other doesn't? You yourself seem to think that it is merely a matter of population

And what's with this quote of yours??
If for days rampaging hordes of black teens run wild in the streets that would be a national news story same as if white people gathered in the streets to protest the violence.

There were hordes of blacks running wild in the steets, I believe the towns of furguson and Memphis were the scenes of this.

You can try to paint me a racist as much as you like, but you are the one putting down blacks, not me.
And I carry to protect myself from every criminal, black or white, but you go and try to make it sound like whatever you want to fit in your own little racist stereotype of whites.

you need to stop hating dude.
responsible party wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are forgetting that ours is a nation of some 310 million people, from sea to shining sea. There's a lot going on in this country at any given moment and a story like this one can't be "THE BIG STORY" very easily, beyond the Memphis area where it happened. You are also over-estimating the media and their role in promoting news, as well as the role of the president and the AG in acting on crime in this vast land.
Unless you live in Memphis, this is just a sad local story. It's not a national one like celebrity deaths, elevator-beatings or royal births might be. That a site like Breitbart covered it should be enough for you. They appeal to the minority of whites who patrol their kitchens and living rooms, armed, in the event of an attack by Negroes. If for days rampaging hordes of black teens run wild in the streets that would be a national news story same as if white people gathered in the streets to protest the violence.
Stick to Breitbart. It's news tailored to fit you. It's sort of a Minority Report.

“Where is Tonka?”

#100309 Sep 9, 2014
I think the trouble is that they over-committed with Rice, and justly or not, he is the scapegoat and going down. I don't think the NFL can take him back and keep face. But of course your are correct is saying that it will depend upon the outrage of the fans, and that will influence his future value in the league.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about the face of the NFL thing, but once the initial outrage dies down, the NFL will soften its stance as history has shown. You think that Vick is back because thay care less about dog fighting than wife beating. I say he's back because he already served time and a league ban. They were ready to move on and let him back in cause he still had value to them. I see no difference with Rice.
Jason Kidd has gotten in trouble with the law for domestic abuse and the worst he suffered in the NBA is fans heckling him with "Wife Beater" signs in the crowd.
Lawrence Philips had a history of violence against women while playing for Nebraska. Dragged a girlfriend down the stairs by her hair, yet he still spent a number of years in the NFL with troube everywhere he went.
History shows that the leagues don't care. Any punishment handed down is posturing for the public. Image control. Just like they were able to say in the Vick case, "we punished him. He served time. He learned his lesson..", I expect the same in this case as long as he is deemed to have value to the league.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#100311 Sep 9, 2014
WARNING: Phishing attempt.
I have received what appears to be a fake email from JMW, not through Topix. It contains cc's to Topix people some of whom do not use a registered account to post.
Just a heads up group.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#100312 Sep 10, 2014

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#100313 Sep 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
Seen a few facebook posts on it. But I don't need any special reason to not touch bugs.

“Where is Tonka?”

#100314 Sep 10, 2014
I was more concerned for you kids.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen a few facebook posts on it. But I don't need any special reason to not touch bugs.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#100315 Sep 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
I was more concerned for you kids.
<quoted text>
I tell them not to touch bugs as it is. They don't wanna listen, well their in for a big surprise. Maybe that'll teach em a lesson!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#100316 Sep 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
I think the trouble is that they over-committed with Rice, and justly or not, he is the scapegoat and going down. I don't think the NFL can take him back and keep face. But of course your are correct is saying that it will depend upon the outrage of the fans, and that will influence his future value in the league.
<quoted text>
more commentary.

Read a story this morning focused on Goodell and what he knew and when. One comment in the story was that he is now viewed as a wife beater enabler. How? Rice is now out of the league. Does that somehow make him less likely to beat his wife? His employment status with the NFL has no bearing on whether or not he's a wife beater. Lots of poor unemployed abusers out there.

One guy commented that Goodell needs to go because he has shown he cares, not about the fans, but only cares about maximizing the profits of the billionaire club(team owners).....no shit, dumbass! That billionaire club = Goodell's boss.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#100317 Sep 10, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>more commentary.
Read a story this morning focused on Goodell and what he knew and when. One comment in the story was that he is now viewed as a wife beater enabler. How? Rice is now out of the league. Does that somehow make him less likely to beat his wife? His employment status with the NFL has no bearing on whether or not he's a wife beater. Lots of poor unemployed abusers out there.
One guy commented that Goodell needs to go because he has shown he cares, not about the fans, but only cares about maximizing the profits of the billionaire club(team owners).....no shit, dumbass! That billionaire club = Goodell's boss.
Sorry Tonka, he and his billionaire club could have done a helluva lot more to see the video tape/tapes before the initial discipline. I saw his press conference from yesterday. He came across as a wuss. We asked and they didn't given them to us. Yeah right.

The NBA Commissioner did much better in terms of presentation, style and actions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Henry 1,534,253
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 240,789
Bottomless wife? 45 min Earl 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 10,686
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 1 hr actorvet 1
Deporting Seniors 6 hr But brain works 3
Apartment (May '07) 8 hr Earl 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages