Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#100253 Sep 8, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is you can sue for just about anything. Does not mean you will win.
I know. But she's still giving wherever a bad name.

:)

And wasting people's time. I'm sure this dude has better things to do. And he's gotta hire a lawyer.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#100254 Sep 8, 2014
and another race hate crime that police refuse to treat as such, even though the criminal admits that it indeed was one.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime...

#100255 Sep 8, 2014
Moments later, she shouts out, "Hold on, they got a white dude.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/viol...

another Not-hate crime...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#100256 Sep 8, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
So Dog, tell us about the wedding.
Officiated by a minister, mentioned God several times. It was storming outside and I was convinced a bolt of lightening was gonna come crashing through the window.

They exchanged their own vows which was nice but then the minister said "I've conducted many weddings and never have people exchanged their own vows, but I must say, those were nicer than any verse in the bible." My jaw audibly hit the floor at such blasphemy of the Holy Scripture.

Her... um, wife... had her three year old son give her away which was cute. But it was a nice ceremony and nice venue. It was at the Di Nolfo banquet hall in Homer Glen, the ceremony and reception were all right there which was nice. And no, it hasn't changed my opinion about the redefinition of marriage

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#100257 Sep 8, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Officiated by a minister, mentioned God several times. It was storming outside and I was convinced a bolt of lightening was gonna come crashing through the window.
They exchanged their own vows which was nice but then the minister said "I've conducted many weddings and never have people exchanged their own vows, but I must say, those were nicer than any verse in the bible." My jaw audibly hit the floor at such blasphemy of the Holy Scripture.
Her... um, wife... had her three year old son give her away which was cute. But it was a nice ceremony and nice venue. It was at the Di Nolfo banquet hall in Homer Glen, the ceremony and reception were all right there which was nice. And no, it hasn't changed my opinion about the redefinition of marriage
Did you stay for any of the reception at all?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#100258 Sep 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
Clearly this is a hate crime, why is is not being persued as such?
http://news.yahoo.com/high-school-girl-taunte...
It's two African Americans. It was the person's action not the race that the perpetrator hated.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#100259 Sep 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
It is. Email the police department and tell them it should be treated as such. I did.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#100260 Sep 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
and another race hate crime that police refuse to treat as such, even though the criminal admits that it indeed was one.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime...
No doubt. Email the police department about this one too and tell them it should be treated as such. I did.
Pippa

Hancock, NY

#100261 Sep 8, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whose wedding this was but was surprised that the officiant, a minister no less, agreed to do a wedding without seeing the vows first. He must be a very "liberal" minister to agree to that. I do get the impression this was a wedding between two women; so I know many very fundamentalist or strict ministers would not officiate as such a wedding anyway.

The only thing I remember about my own vows which I repeated after the JP who officiated at my wedding was that they did not mention obeying my husband. I had figured I'd be stuck saying I'd obey him but the words weren't even mentioned. Perhaps that's because it was not a religious ceremony but one done by a Justice of the Peace. So now, I only remember what I did not have to vow and completely forget the things I did. Selective memory - how very nice. ;-)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#100262 Sep 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
Yes and no.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#100263 Sep 8, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It's two African Americans. It was the person's action not the race that the perpetrator hated.
I get what you're saying and I had to think about it, but I think it is anyway. The one girl was lighter skinned and was targeted because she was "acting too much like a white person" so race (dislike of "acting like" a particular race) was brought into it and at least part of it.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#100264 Sep 8, 2014
Pippa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whose wedding this was but was surprised that the officiant, a minister no less, agreed to do a wedding without seeing the vows first. He must be a very "liberal" minister to agree to that.
Our minister was a friend's father. A real minister, but we also had our own vows that he had not seen. Hell, we met him the day of the rehearsal, saw him the day of the wedding and have never seen him since.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#100265 Sep 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
Sorry, but this line does not paint it as a hate crime. Unless I misread it, the person who said that was the person taking the video
The same person who was calling the whole bunch of them hood rats. Laughing..until she saw that they had a white dude, then no longer laughing and instead taking cover. I have no idea the race of the victims. It could very well have been all black on white crime, but that line from that person does not sell that story to me. The fact that she was laughing till "hey, they got a white guy" makes me think they were beatin on blacks at first.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#100266 Sep 8, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you stay for any of the reception at all?
Mingled a little and took some pictures but left before dinner was served. Had to work Saturday, that was as good of an excuse as any
Zap Brannigan

Madison, TN

#100267 Sep 8, 2014
Maybe because South Carolina does NOT have any hate crime laws you dumb azz.
RACE wrote:

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#100268 Sep 8, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Mingled a little and took some pictures but left before dinner was served. Had to work Saturday, that was as good of an excuse as any
This was Friday during that big storm? Wow. The woman who died when teh tree fell on her- that happened just west of me. I was in the River West neighborhood when it came through. Nothing much there but lots of stuff down as I went north. My bro lives near 294 and Willow and was without power until Sunday evening.

I said it before, but I'll say it again. You did the right thing and it sounds like you did it in a classy manner.

#100269 Sep 8, 2014
She hates anything that reminds her of whitey, thats a hate crime in my book.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

#100270 Sep 8, 2014
See! This is why I am constantly in awe of you... You're so smart!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt. Email the police department about this one too and tell them it should be treated as such. I did.

#100271 Sep 8, 2014
If you had looked at the pictures, and read the article in entirety, you would have seen that the victim was a white male, not only was he stomped and kicked, but they were tossing 25lb pumkins at his head. Its a wonder he is alive. He was the only targeted victim. The other two were simply collateral damage because they were employee's and tried to help him.

My line paints it as a hate crime.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but this line does not paint it as a hate crime. Unless I misread it, the person who said that was the person taking the video
The same person who was calling the whole bunch of them hood rats. Laughing..until she saw that they had a white dude, then no longer laughing and instead taking cover. I have no idea the race of the victims. It could very well have been all black on white crime, but that line from that person does not sell that story to me. The fact that she was laughing till "hey, they got a white guy" makes me think they were beatin on blacks at first.

#100272 Sep 8, 2014
Hate crimes are also prosecuted at the federal level dumbazz
Oh, and you were saying??
http://www.scequality.org/get_informed/hate_c...

If you were any stupider you'd soil yourself.
Zap Brannigan wrote:
Maybe because South Carolina does NOT have any hate crime laws you dumb azz.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,236,506
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min FastandFurious 189,897
abby 6-2 1 hr Kuuipo 17
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 53,602
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 3 hr Magic Utah Uwear 55
amy 6-2 3 hr tiredofit 20
Crime161 murders in 151 days in Chicago - 46 in... 8 hr Jeff Davis 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]