pellen

Stratford, Canada

#100111 Thursday Aug 28
Mister Tonka wrote:
OK. So I got one of them ambush radio phone call skits I listen to. Called Fiance Friday..
You think your fiance might be cheating.
Radio show will call them up and and offer, for free, a $500 couples spa package.
Couples massage followed by 1 hour of alone time in the room.
Just need to book right now. Ask for when you want to come in and guest's name to put in the system.
Does he give fiancee's name or some hoochie mama?
So this woman is concerned cause her fiance is meeting a recruiter after work at a bar. Recruiter's hot. They call and offer him the deal. He give's his fiancee's name as the person he's bringing. So she gets on the air to say he's on the radio, and they hash it out.
I felt like slapping he hosts(who I normally love) cause they were trying to read into everything to find dirt that wasn't there. The dude is trying to get a new job. Meets recruiter after work. HE chooses to go to a bar cause he does not want to meet in a coffee shop. Woud rather have a beer after work. Fiance feels like that is too close to a date. One of the hosts is saying crap like meeting in a bar is not very professional, then goes on to recognize that lots of people meet in bars to discuss business, thus invalidating her non professional assessment. And he's like wtf. Have I ever given you a reason to not trust me? During the discussion where everyone is talking over each other, he's asking for how he's supposed to proceed. Can't meet her at my job when I'm trying to find a new one? He's asking for suggestions and her first one is that she just wishes he didn't have to do business with her. And rightfully so, he's like WTF?!? So I should only ever do business with men or ugly women...and then the hosts jump on him for getting defensive. I'm like wtf, it was a stupid request. Then she's like I just feel like you could find time to do it some other time and place so its not like a date. Basically meaning using up his lunch time or taking time off from work during the day just cause she's too insecure about the time/place.
They were talking all talking over each other so no one caught or questioned 2 other things she said.
1) Why aren't you friends with her on Facebook? WTF? Why would he be FB friends with his recruiter?
2) There are plenty of rentable office spaces...So she expects him to RENT AN OFFICE to meet her.
The gg is jealous because he is meeting a recruiter?WTF?Will she do recon on a new job to know how close yhe hot girl sits and grouch about that?

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#100112 Thursday Aug 28
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
he bought a plane ticket. That gives him a seat on the plane. That seat is designed to recline for the comfort if the passenger paying for it. However far back the seat reclines is his space. You are free to use that space when he is not reclined, but he need not ask your permission to use his space.
Additionally, I meant to ask you to elaborate on your incident yesterday. You claim that his seat knocked your laptop off the table and it came crashing down on your knees. I can't picture it. If your tray table is down, your knees are under it. The worst I could see happening is the laptops slides off onto your midsection since even your lap would be under the tray table.
The seat hit my knees, not the laptop.

And I reserve the right to have a sudden sneezing fit on his head. He may have a right to recline, but it doesn't make it less rude. I can see doing it on a long (2.5+ flight), but not for a quick one.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#100113 Thursday Aug 28
Ha ha! Sub's post got pulled. Wonder if any of mine have?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#100114 Thursday Aug 28
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The seat hit my knees, not the laptop.
And I reserve the right to have a sudden sneezing fit on his head. He may have a right to recline, but it doesn't make it less rude. I can see doing it on a long (2.5+ flight), but not for a quick one.
like I said, if you have a problem with the person in front of you reclining, you need to ask them not to. He should not have to ask permission. He's not being ride at all. He's using a comfort feature that's part of his seat

Unless asked not to, I recline the moment I am allowed to. Granted, i don't fly often, but in 42 years, I have only ever had ONE person ask me not to and I've never even considered asking the person in front of me not to.

Neda, stay with me!

#100115 Thursday Aug 28
another view on the airline seat debate

Neda, stay with me!

#100117 Thursday Aug 28

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#100119 Thursday Aug 28
They will pull my good natured joke post, but they will let this shyte continue for days and days and days and days:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T18NRD1...

Location hidden

#100120 Thursday Aug 28
RACE wrote:
It's really simple. If the airlines didn't want people to be able to recline their seats, they wouldn't give people the option. If you are unusually large and way bigger than the normal person, it's not the person's job in front of you to subsidize your comfort at the cost of theirs ... just so you don't have to pony up money for a seat with more leg room.

It's all about who should have to deal with the inconvenience that comes with being abnormally tall. Should the person who has the condition have to deal with it or should other people have to deal with it.

These people who whine about it are cut from the same cloth as people who are hypersensitive to smells and cologne and who feel that their problem is actually not theirs at all, but really the problem of everyone else, who should be expected to live their lives as if the person with the hypersensitivity is the center of the universe.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#100121 Thursday Aug 28
Ever email your significant other with some very specific questions that you need answered and they respond to your email to tell you all about something else...but don't address you questions at all?

WTF

Neda, stay with me!

#100123 Thursday Aug 28
Yeah, and to a mental midget like yourself, were all mental giants..Ammi right?
door left open walked in wrote:
<quoted text>The whole world is "abnormally tall" when you're a midget like you.

Neda, stay with me!

#100125 Thursday Aug 28
Aww,'cmone dudette, if you aint gonna post under a name we recognize, at least be consistent and use the same name when you post your drivel. Makes you look all frady-cat.
John Lofton wrote:
<quoted text>No. Look at your posts.
pellen

Cambridge, Canada

#100127 Thursday Aug 28
Sublime1 wrote:
Edog must be having a gay love affair with the mod, because my posts about him being gay keep getting pulled.
:p
They are?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#100129 Friday Aug 29

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#100130 Friday Aug 29

Saint Petersburg, FL

#100131 Friday Aug 29
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really simple. If the airlines didn't want people to be able to recline their seats, they wouldn't give people the option. If you are unusually large and way bigger than the normal person, it's not the person's job in front of you to subsidize your comfort at the cost of theirs ... just so you don't have to pony up money for a seat with more leg room.
It's all about who should have to deal with the inconvenience that comes with being abnormally tall. Should the person who has the condition have to deal with it or should other people have to deal with it.
These people who whine about it are cut from the same cloth as people who are hypersensitive to smells and cologne and who feel that their problem is actually not theirs at all, but really the problem of everyone else, who should be expected to live their lives as if the person with the hypersensitivity is the center of the universe.
I still think it's rude. Yeah, it's there adn you can. I personally think it's lousy to make a person extra-uncomforatble in an already tigh situation just to allow my head to go back 2 inches. My increase in comfort is so little compared to their major increase in discomfort. But we live in a world of "me, me, me" so most people don't care. Sometimes it's not about what you "can" do, but it's more about what makes life more liveable for all of us. Just because someone CAN chew gum, doesn't make it OK to crack gum in someones ear for fun, jsut because you CAN leave your garbage at your seat at the movies doesn't mean it's ok to leave it there for someone else to clean up, just because it feels good to you. It's called respect for others.

Location hidden

#100132 Friday Aug 29
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think it's rude. Yeah, it's there adn you can. I personally think it's lousy to make a person extra-uncomforatble in an already tigh situation just to allow my head to go back 2 inches. My increase in comfort is so little compared to their major increase in discomfort. But we live in a world of "me, me, me" so most people don't care. Sometimes it's not about what you "can" do, but it's more about what makes life more liveable for all of us. Just because someone CAN chew gum, doesn't make it OK to crack gum in someones ear for fun, jsut because you CAN leave your garbage at your seat at the movies doesn't mean it's ok to leave it there for someone else to clean up, just because it feels good to you. It's called respect for others.
If you are that uncomfortable in a seat, then pay to get an upgraded seat instead of expecting the person up front to subsidize your comfort and cheaper seat.

I also don't equate to reclining my seat to cracking gum in someone's ear or leaving garbage. I recline my seat at home, because it's more comfortable. If I'm sleeping on a plane, I sleep better with a reclined seat. If I'm flying international, I'm going to recline my seat and not sit straight as a board for 10 hours. If I'm on a plane for 4 hours, I want to recline my seat. When the eff do people sit straight as a board for 4 hours ... I never do.

Some guy got arrested and thrown off an international flight yesterday for having a fit that someone was reclining their seat. What you fail to realize is that it is actually people such as him who are the me, me, me, people. They think that THEY should get to decide what passengers can and can't do, not the people who actually operate the aircraft. They think they have veto rights and people must fly the friendly skies according to their terms and so that they above anyone else are most comfortable.

If you've bought a ticket and your seat includes the button to recline your seat, you've paid for this option to recline your seat. People who complain about people who choose to exercise this option ... that they paid for with their own money ... expect other people to forgo exercising this option that they paid for just so that the person behind them can get a cheaper ticket and fly economy.

They can bite me and go use their own money and buy economy plus or find an airline that gives you more space, instead of expecting me to forgo my comfort so that they are more comfortable and can fly for less. It's not my job to make it so they can fly for less or be more comfortable and the expense of my comfort.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#100133 Friday Aug 29
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are that uncomfortable in a seat, then pay to get an upgraded seat instead of expecting the person up front to subsidize your comfort and cheaper seat.
Not all planes are equipped with economy seats. Sometimes you have no choice. Your desire to recline does not give you the right to violate my personal space

Saint Petersburg, FL

#100134 Friday Aug 29
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also don't equate to reclining my seat to cracking gum in someone's ear or leaving garbage. I recline my seat at home, because it's more comfortable. If I'm sleeping on a plane, I sleep better with a reclined seat. If I'm flying international, I'm going to recline my seat and not sit straight as a board for 10 hours. If I'm on a plane for 4 hours, I want to recline my seat. When the eff do people sit straight as a board for 4 hours ... I never do.
Some guy got arrested and thrown off an international flight yesterday for having a fit that someone was reclining their seat. What you fail to realize is that it is actually people such as him who are the me, me, me, people. They think that THEY should get to decide what passengers can and can't do, not the people who actually operate the aircraft. They think they have veto rights and people must fly the friendly skies according to their terms and so that they above anyone else are most comfortable.
If you've bought a ticket and your seat includes the button to recline your seat, you've paid for this option to recline your seat. People who complain about people who choose to exercise this option ... that they paid for with their own money ... expect other people to forgo exercising this option that they paid for just so that the person behind them can get a cheaper ticket and fly economy.
They can bite me and go use their own money and buy economy plus or find an airline that gives you more space, instead of expecting me to forgo my comfort so that they are more comfortable and can fly for less. It's not my job to make it so they can fly for less or be more comfortable and the expense of my comfort.

I get it for a long flight (2 hrs plus) and that is understandable, but you have serious issues if you can't sit up for an hour and a half.

We were getting on a plane once and a guy was fully reclined as people were entering the plane. We couldn't even get into our seats (let alone put our items under the seat). My friend politely asked the guy if he could move his seat up for a minute or two just so she could get in and stow her items. He said no! We had to ask the flight attendant to intervene.

I tend to fly Southwest because it offers the non-stops to the places I go. There is no "paying for more room" on those flights. At least the seats don't go back that far. But I have had paid more for certain seat assignments and still have had it happen.

I wouldn't throw a fit or make a scene at the person who does it. I just have to accept people that are are inconsiderate. It happens and that's life. I guess I jsut care about others. Many people don't. That's the difference.

Location hidden

#100135 Friday Aug 29
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all planes are equipped with economy seats. Sometimes you have no choice. Your desire to recline does not give you the right to violate my personal space
It's NOT your space. If it were your space the airline would not give the person in front of you the option of occupying it by putting a recline button on their seat. By doing so, the airline has given this person the option to exercise the option to occupy the space that you claim is yours, anytime they want after the flight has taken off and before it's time to land.

If you can't deal with the terms the airline offers on flights and their are no other seats other than economy, it's like any other voluntary business transaction in life ... either A) accept the terms and suck it up or B) you are free to find another option, such as taking a train, driving, or chartering your own flight. No one owes you a flight on an airplane on your terms and your terms only.

Location hidden

#100136 Friday Aug 29
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it for a long flight (2 hrs plus) and that is understandable, but you have serious issues if you can't sit up for an hour and a half.
I would never fly anywhere unless it were a connecting flight, for less than 2 hours. I hate going to airports, unless I have to. By the time you drive to the airport and get to the airport an hour early, schlep through security and get to your gate, you arenít saving that much time, either. Iíd rather just get in my car and drive. Driving is no biggie to me.

Also, these guys who demand that everyone fly on their terms and no one be allowed to recline are not just whining about this for flights that are less than 2 hours. To them, a longer flight just means they are in agony for longer.
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We were getting on a plane once and a guy was fully reclined as people were entering the plane. We couldn't even get into our seats (let alone put our items under the seat). My friend politely asked the guy if he could move his seat up for a minute or two just so she could get in and stow her items. He said no! We had to ask the flight attendant to intervene.
Thatís rude.
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to fly Southwest because it offers the non-stops to the places I go. There is no "paying for more room" on those flights. At least the seats don't go back that far. But I have had paid more for certain seat assignments and still have had it happen.
I wouldn't throw a fit or make a scene at the person who does it. I just have to accept people that are are inconsiderate. It happens and that's life. I guess I jsut care about others. Many people don't. That's the difference.
The person who reclines for their own comfort should not be said to be more rude than the person who demands that other people not recline so that they are comfortable. Itís two people striving for whatís most comfortable for them. The airline has sided with the person who opts to recline, by virtue of the fact that they give them this option. When I buy an airline ticket, it's a transaction with terms set between me and the airline ... not me, the airline, and the person who sits behind me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,109,943
Ray "CHOCOLATE NEW ORLEANS" NEGRA goes to prison. 16 min ShoulsLiveInBus 5
Amy 9-16 19 min Zap Brannigan 55
POLL: Chicago 'America's most dangerous city'... 21 min Rahm 7 bodyguards 2
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 30 min Global Cooling 3
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 37 min BULL_Michelle off... 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,034
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago