Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#99975 Aug 20, 2014
Valerie wrote:
Not one person steps up to confront/kill armed, young, white males.
Not true. The WHITE couple that went on that shooting spree in (Vegas?) was confronted by a cc-er. Unfortunately he was killed without killing the shooters. There was a case of a hostage/robbery in a dollar store where a cc-er killed the gunman. There are other instances as well. You should really do your research before spouting lies and falsehoods

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99976 Aug 20, 2014
Why? That would only devalue their argument.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. The WHITE couple that went on that shooting spree in (Vegas?) was confronted by a cc-er. Unfortunately he was killed without killing the shooters. There was a case of a hostage/robbery in a dollar store where a cc-er killed the gunman. There are other instances as well. You should really do your research before spouting lies and falsehoods

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99977 Aug 20, 2014
I guess next we will have to arrest SK for writing about a kid going bonkers and shooting at cars on the freeway.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/s-st...

This idiocy has to end.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99979 Aug 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
I guess next we will have to arrest SK for writing about a kid going bonkers and shooting at cars on the freeway.
This idiocy has to end.
Dinosaurs are an endangered species and it's not funny to talk about shooting them! I totally side with the school and police on this. How dare we allow freedom of speech and expression!?! We need to force our youth to conform to our values and idealisms of peace and harmony and tolerance! And if they don't, they and their parents should be drug into the street and and shot like the dogs they are!!
Zap Brannigan

United States

#99981 Aug 20, 2014
Summerville SC where this happened is a Republican stronghold. Those darned Conservatives forcing their beliefs on everyone else.
RACE wrote:
This idiocy has to end.

“Leopard Skin”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#99982 Aug 21, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You arenít a man even if you have balls. I assure you of that. I've never met a guy who spews the stupid shyte you do. I bet you watch the bachelorette on tv too.
Is there something wrong with him watching a program that has a largely female audience? Should he be ashamed of that? Do you feel that makes him less of a person than a real man? How sexist of you?! I bet you think that he should be embarrassed if he watches figure skating too because you would fe el like a woman and think that less than a man. Are you always a misogynist or just on here? Am I right?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99983 Aug 21, 2014

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#99984 Aug 21, 2014
Here He Goes Again wrote:
<quoted text>You claimed I couldn't be a man if I found you to be a misogynist, but if I am I could only be some kind of eunuch.
I didn't say that. I said you aren't a man because of the stupid shyte you spew and how obsessed you are over gender issues. Do you also cry because women go watch chip 'n' dales because it objectifies men and treats them as sex objects and this makes you upset.?

<quoted text>Or did you mean a man with no balls is a woman? Be careful how you answer that one.
Let me make sure I have this right, by a man with no balls, you are specifically referring to yourself, right?
<quoted text>Do feminazis and bull dykes watch those programs, Mr. Nielsen? How about someone named Sam?
You seem to be the expert on the demographics of the bachelorette audience. So you tell me.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#99985 Aug 21, 2014
Pill Box Hat wrote:
<quoted text>Is there something wrong with him watching a program that has a largely female audience? Should he be ashamed of that? Do you feel that makes him less of a person than a real man? How sexist of you?! I bet you think that he should be embarrassed if he watches figure skating too because you would fe el like a woman and think that less than a man. Are you always a misogynist or just on here? Am I right?
Lemme guess, Stank Breath and Purple Umbrella were already taken. So you went with Pill Box Hat.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#99986 Aug 21, 2014
Just made cheese grits and eggs for breakfast.
And then I found this.
http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/05/study-link...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99987 Aug 21, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Just made cheese grits and eggs for breakfast.
And then I found this.
http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/05/study-link...
Is that a publication like The Onion?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#99988 Aug 21, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a publication like The Onion?
Yes, it is, except for your resident homophobe who will believe every word.
Sometimes I wonder what's in his closet.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99989 Aug 21, 2014
greenwichvillage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is, except for your resident homophobe who will believe every word.
Sometimes I wonder what's in his closet.
Female blow up dolls?
Pippa

Hancock, NY

#99991 Aug 21, 2014
Recently there was a column about a girl whose ex-bf (I think) was stalking her. I believe it was her mother (grandmother?) actually who wrote in. It was mentioned that the guy seemed to know where the girl was all the time. I and some other poster wondered how he knew and whether the girl was calling him or answering his calls and letting him know where she'd be. My own daughter has been having a similar situation lately and last night she told me something I never knew. She said she has some kind of tracker on her phone to help her find it if she loses it or if someone steals it. All she needs to do is know her phone number and her password to locate her phone. She said someone stole her phone a while back and that's how she found it. So this now ex-bf has been using this tracking app for her phone to follow her. He had access to her computer at least once and she keeps a list of her passwords on that computer as many people do. She's had to change her phone number and all her passwords for all her accounts. We're not sure this will curtail this guy's stalking activity completely but it should make it more difficult for him. I thought the app for locating a person's phone is one way a person could be helped in their stalking activity and might apply to that lw's daughter's (granddaughter? I wish I could remember which column and the date.) situation. Have any of you had a problem like this? The only thing I can think of is that passwords need to be more securely protected. Is it at all possible to lock or password protect individual documents or files on a computer so others can use the computer but not get into those particular documents? The only thing I can think of is to set up another "desktop" for those files and password protect that desktop and make sure the files are not in shared file.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#99992 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>So we're back to your contention that it's stupid for one man to object to another man demeaning a woman.
No, we are back to your ridiculous contention that because you demean one woman, and a rather disgraceful one at that, this somehow means you are demeaning all women.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99993 Aug 21, 2014
Pippa wrote:
Recently there was a column about a girl whose ex-bf (I think) was stalking her. I believe it was her mother (grandmother?) actually who wrote in. It was mentioned that the guy seemed to know where the girl was all the time. I and some other poster wondered how he knew and whether the girl was calling him or answering his calls and letting him know where she'd be. My own daughter has been having a similar situation lately and last night she told me something I never knew. She said she has some kind of tracker on her phone to help her find it if she loses it or if someone steals it. All she needs to do is know her phone number and her password to locate her phone. She said someone stole her phone a while back and that's how she found it. So this now ex-bf has been using this tracking app for her phone to follow her. He had access to her computer at least once and she keeps a list of her passwords on that computer as many people do. She's had to change her phone number and all her passwords for all her accounts. We're not sure this will curtail this guy's stalking activity completely but it should make it more difficult for him. I thought the app for locating a person's phone is one way a person could be helped in their stalking activity and might apply to that lw's daughter's (granddaughter? I wish I could remember which column and the date.) situation. Have any of you had a problem like this? The only thing I can think of is that passwords need to be more securely protected. Is it at all possible to lock or password protect individual documents or files on a computer so others can use the computer but not get into those particular documents? The only thing I can think of is to set up another "desktop" for those files and password protect that desktop and make sure the files are not in shared file.
Yes, you can password-protect a document on the computer. At some point, though, it has to end having passwords to protect passwords.:D Not that I don't understand b/c we all probably have a gazillion passwords to remember.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#99995 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>So you're saying this particular woman deserved to be demeaned by you.
I'm reminded of the very old "famous" saying:

"One man's truthful observation is another ballless wonder's demeaning."

:)

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#99996 Aug 21, 2014
Cry baby melt down whine-fest starting in 3 .... 2 .... 1

Since: Aug 14

Chicago, IL

#99997 Aug 21, 2014
Pippa wrote:
There are applications that are made for storing passwords - you can get them for your desktop OS or for your phone. That way, you only need to remember one password in order to access the repository of all other passwords. If you haven't provided that particular password to a potential evil-doer, your passwords are safer than just leaving them in a text file on your machine.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#99999 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Here's your observation.
No here's my truthful observation:
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ray of sunshine aura gives her away, doesn't it?
In response to that comment of mine, which you apparently found demeaning, you said:
<quoted text>No, but the stench of your misogyny, anger and overall cluelessness always precedes you.
As I said, one man's truthful observation is another ballless wonder's demeaning. You took it beyond demeaning tho, and went full blown stupid by interpreting my comment about her personality as some statement about how I feel about women in general. IF she's a ray of sunshine, the vast majority of women are full blown supernovas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Henry 1,534,361
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,689
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 5 hr SAy it aint so 21
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LOL 240,798
Bottomless wife? 11 hr Earl 4
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 12 hr actorvet 1
Deporting Seniors 17 hr But brain works 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages