Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99844 Aug 12, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering how many considered him a great comedian. As an actor, I enjoyed a number of his movies, but never understood what people saw in him as a comedian. I never thought he was very funny.
I think he was hilarious.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Detroit, MI

#99845 Aug 12, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was hilarious.
Agreed

And yeah, with all his fame and fortune, and he still succumbed to depression, showes how powerful that disease can be

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#99846 Aug 12, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed
And yeah, with all his fame and fortune, and he still succumbed to depression, showes how powerful that disease can be
Very true. I thought he was hilarious, as well.

Very sad.

It's sad that depression isn't treated the same as other illnesses. For instance, in my experience, you can't even use your flex spending for therapy. It's a shame.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99847 Aug 12, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed
Different strokes. I'm sure Tonka has some favs we probably would not like.

That's the thing with mental illness. It knows know boundaries and anyone is susceptible. Doesn't care if you're rich, poor, unknown or famous. I guess the same can be said about almost any illness.

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#99848 Aug 12, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing with mental illness. It knows know boundaries and anyone is susceptible. Doesn't care if you're rich, poor, unknown or famous. I guess the same can be said about almost any illness.
Wonder if he was taking medication and that's what contributed. You hear on those commercials "stop taking if you have thoughts of suicide."

Thoughts of suicide?? It's supposed to be an ANTI depressant

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99849 Aug 12, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I like a lot of comedians, but George Carlin was king.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99850 Aug 12, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I like a lot of comedians, but George Carlin was king.
My son recently has "found" George Carlin. Growing up, my brothers would listen to his albums all the time. Yannow -- the vinyl ones. Haha! A long time ago. Now my 20 something son likes Carlin.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99851 Aug 12, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
My son recently has "found" George Carlin. Growing up, my brothers would listen to his albums all the time. Yannow -- the vinyl ones. Haha! A long time ago. Now my 20 something son likes Carlin.
I've gone to comedy clubs now and then over the years and seen whoever they had in town that weekend, but the only comedian I ever bought ticketa to go see specifically was Carlin.

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#99852 Aug 12, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I like a lot of comedians, but George Carlin was king.
And there you go, I was never a huge fan of Carlin

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99854 Aug 13, 2014

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99855 Aug 13, 2014
Thanks mutt.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99856 Aug 14, 2014
Joy

Hangzhou, China

#99857 Aug 14, 2014
I will says to the world to celebrate this great testimony with me, i never believe i can eve get rid of these horrible disease one day. My story and thanksgiving goes to Dr OJUGO the powerful man who help me to CURE MY HIV/AIDS disease from my life. I don't know how to say this to everyone, Dr OJUGO is a truthful man with high herbs power's he uses to save people's life. Last few days i came in contact with Dr OJUGO emails on the internet which people gave much testimonies about his kind fullness work. So i decided to contact him quickly because this disease was almost on the last step of taking my life from me. I have tried all my best in life to get heal but nobody could ever help apart from Dr OJUGO who finally help me to cure my HIV disease from me. I always amazed and overwhelmed when the doctor confirm that i am now healed from aids, and now, i am an HIV/AIDS NEGATIVE PATIENT. I wish anyone who is sick today and wants a healing please i will kindly advice you to contact this

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99858 Aug 14, 2014
Joy wrote:
I will says to the world to celebrate this great testimony with me, i never believe i can eve get rid of these horrible disease one day. My story and thanksgiving goes to Dr OJUGO the powerful man who help me to CURE MY HIV/AIDS disease from my life. I don't know how to say this to everyone, Dr OJUGO is a truthful man with high herbs power's he uses to save people's life. Last few days i came in contact with Dr OJUGO emails on the internet which people gave much testimonies about his kind fullness work. So i decided to contact him quickly because this disease was almost on the last step of taking my life from me. I have tried all my best in life to get heal but nobody could ever help apart from Dr OJUGO who finally help me to cure my HIV disease from me. I always amazed and overwhelmed when the doctor confirm that i am now healed from aids, and now, i am an HIV/AIDS NEGATIVE PATIENT. I wish anyone who is sick today and wants a healing please i will kindly advice you to contact this
He's wonderful! He cured me of ebola! And gonorrhea!
Julie

Chicago, IL

#99859 Aug 14, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. And yeah, with all his fame and fortune, and he still succumbed to depression, showes how powerful that disease can be
Very wise words, Dog.

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#99860 Aug 14, 2014
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>
Very wise words, Dog.
Word is now he had Parkinsons. Perhaps he didn't want to suffer and/or put his family through it

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99861 Aug 15, 2014

“Where is Tonka?”

#99862 Aug 15, 2014
He may have cured you of your disease, but he obviously crippled your brain. It is apparent that you no longer have any cognizant abilities and cannot string two sentences together.
I think you should go back to Dr Boogers and ask him for a lobotomy.

Write back soon!
Joy wrote:

“Where is Tonka?”

#99863 Aug 15, 2014
Do you guys get the commercials on the side bars for offbeat?
If you do, click the one for how to open a beer with a banana, it's amazing. If you dont, here's the link.

http://offbeat.topix.com/story/13589
chitfaced

Las Vegas, NV

#99864 Aug 15, 2014
I need a guy to toss my salad cause I ran out of toilet paper and ate at Taco Bell last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Coffee Party 1,685,520
Trump Bribes FBI Agent he Accepts 25 min Jeffrey 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 11,800
Trump is A 2 hr No wall aho 387
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr loose cannon 243,262
thu 5 7 hr test 2
Sick of commercials with mix couples 13 hr Lulz 18

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages