“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#99741 Jul 28, 2014
Ummm, yeah. That would be the no brainer to manipulate you angle I was talking about.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they just want to bask in my awesomeness

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#99742 Jul 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They see you as an easy mark.

So did you let her stay?
Its morning. Is she gone yet?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#99743 Jul 28, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Quit feeding it, stupid.
Noooo, everyone is welcome to post here. We don't exclude. Remember?

;p

Location hidden

#99744 Jul 28, 2014
LMS wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like the true CRACK HEAD Dumb A$$ That you are!!! Got a problem with that? Suck * ME BOY!!! Come visit me and tell me all about it. My friend KARMA says DITO that!! Stupid* A$$!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
What kind of coffee do you like to drink?

How is your day going?

:)

Location hidden

#99745 Jul 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
What is it with this family and why do they gravitate towards me?
A moocher can spot a sucker from a mile away.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99746 Jul 28, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
;p
Yeah, and? I'm not trying to stop anyone from posting. I'm simply following my own advice and not engaging with someone trolling me.

Location hidden

#99747 Jul 28, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and? I'm not trying to stop anyone from posting. I'm simply following my own advice and not engaging with someone trolling me.
Au contraire mon frere. You're telling others not to post to it:
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Quit feeding it, stupid.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#99748 Jul 28, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Its morning. Is she gone yet?
How should I know, I'm not there

Can't imagine her staying too long though, she showed up empty handed, no bags, no belongings, nothing. Which I guess is a good thing, it would be a little off-putting if she showed up with all her crap

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#99749 Jul 28, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire mon frere. You're telling others not to post to it:
<quoted text>
It was tongue in cheek. But you know that.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99751 Jul 29, 2014

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99752 Jul 29, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Its a very similar scenario, except in the Vick case, he actually served time.
<quoted text>
To me, they do it when it affects their bottom line. As sub said, they do it to protect their image. But in that regard, their motivation is their bottom line, not punishing someone because the courts failed.
Look at the NBA. Donald Sterling did not commit any crime by making the statements he did in private. The courts had no reason to punish him. But the public was outraged. The players were outraged. Sponsors were outraged. I 100% believe the NBA would have swept this under the rug just like they did with the multitude of racist incidents in his past...except this one went viral and was affecting their bottom line. Fans threatening to not come to games. Sponsors dropping them. Players considering a work stoppage? Hell no. We need to do something to stop the bleeding.
In my mind, THAT is (and should be) the company (any company's) main motivation for punishing someone for off the clock off company property behavior. Not this idealistic "let's punish the bad man who got off to easy in court"
I wasn't in yesterday and I usually don't do Topix on my free time. LOL!

I don't think a company ever punishes anyone unless it is something to do with their bottom line. I believe it's very rare and would have to be a very small company, at the very least a private company. Public companies are beholden to their shareholders so they have to protect the company's profit and image (as image is directly related to profits). Then again, companies are not really human -- it's an it -- even if humans do run them.

Now Johnny Q. Public is human. A bunch of them. All with their own ideals, conscience, personal preferences, vendettas, paranoia, etc. A lot of people like to extract revenge.

Just look at the old guy who shot and killed two people who were leaving his house. Granted, they beat up the 80+ old guy nad stole from him. He got out his gun nad killed them. The problem is he shot them after they left as they were fleeting. Pure revenge. At that point he's not in danger so it was not in self-defense.

People are revengeful and a lot of people are backing the old guy up not to get charged. Because their human and they want their ounce of flesh, too.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#99753 Jul 29, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Low standards, huh? Well, there are people like that.

:D

Reading up. Don't even know who is visiting (yet).

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#99754 Jul 29, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
The sister of the loser twins knocked on my door at ten o'clock last night, said her mom kicked her out and she needed a place to crash. What is it with this family and why do they gravitate towards me? I don't even remember her name
Ah ha! That's who is visiting.

Well, they're probably making the rounds again. You were good for a short stay before you got rid of them last time, right? They're just playing the game.

My son has a soft heart for all loser kids who get kicked out. I don't let them stay. The most I will do is feed them lunch and given them a listing of the shelters with the rules and hours. I also will point them to the church in town that helps homeless people.

I'm not a hotel and I'm not equipped to deal with people who need more help that just a place to lay their head -- which is most homeless people. They don't get homeless, usually, at a young age b/c they have their shyte together.

I know there are teenagers and young adults who have crappy parents and are homeless without doing anything to put themselves there. Those people I feel for.

I'm not a hotel. You need to tell people you've adopted a new "policy" and look up those shelters.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#99755 Jul 29, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
;p
You got a mouse in your pocket? Who is this "we"?

People CAN post here. It's public. Sure as hell doesn't make them "welcome".

:D

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#99756 Jul 29, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't in yesterday and I usually don't do Topix on my free time. LOL!
I don't think a company ever punishes anyone unless it is something to do with their bottom line. I believe it's very rare and would have to be a very small company, at the very least a private company. Public companies are beholden to their shareholders so they have to protect the company's profit and image (as image is directly related to profits). Then again, companies are not really human -- it's an it -- even if humans do run them.
Now Johnny Q. Public is human. A bunch of them. All with their own ideals, conscience, personal preferences, vendettas, paranoia, etc. A lot of people like to extract revenge.
Just look at the old guy who shot and killed two people who were leaving his house. Granted, they beat up the 80+ old guy nad stole from him. He got out his gun nad killed them. The problem is he shot them after they left as they were fleeting. Pure revenge. At that point he's not in danger so it was not in self-defense.
People are revengeful and a lot of people are backing the old guy up not to get charged. Because their human and they want their ounce of flesh, too.
He only shot one of them. He also said they had robed him before. He had a legitimate fear of them coming back to do firther harm.:)
DEAR ABBY 7 29

Beijing, China

#99757 Jul 29, 2014
Dear Abby: I (call me "Sublime1"- not my real name) have been telling awful stories about my wife- whom I love dearly- for my own self aggrandizement. I literally tried to make a housewife into a whore so that I might look studly to strangers on the internet. The reality is that my wife is the only woman I have ever slept with. Honestly, as a short, bald man, it's amazing that I landed her. She might need glasses. That's a separate issue.

Anyway, I invented stories that her and I were swingers so that I could pretend that I was extraordinarily desirable to women and doing it all with the encouragement as well as the expressed, written consent of my wife. As if! It finally occurred to me that, aside from fake swinging stories, I was also being disrespectful telling tall tales about cheating on her, intimating that I could have scored with friend's wives, strangers in Vegas and imaginary women on the internet. I feel awful about this. If people met me in real life, saw how short and bald I am and realized that I was a very, non-gregarious sort, they might understand that I use the internet and imaginary people to create the sort of life I WISH I had. I should also mention that I am a landscaper (not a lawyer) and that I just need to be held.

“reign in blood”

Houston, TX

#99758 Jul 29, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah ha! That's who is visiting.
Well, they're probably making the rounds again. You were good for a short stay before you got rid of them last time, right? They're just playing the game.
My son has a soft heart for all loser kids who get kicked out. I don't let them stay. The most I will do is feed them lunch and given them a listing of the shelters with the rules and hours. I also will point them to the church in town that helps homeless people.
I'm not a hotel and I'm not equipped to deal with people who need more help that just a place to lay their head -- which is most homeless people. They don't get homeless, usually, at a young age b/c they have their shyte together.
I know there are teenagers and young adults who have crappy parents and are homeless without doing anything to put themselves there. Those people I feel for.
I'm not a hotel. You need to tell people you've adopted a new "policy" and look up those shelters.
If I can get laid out of the deal, I'll throw her out afterwards

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#99759 Jul 29, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can get laid out of the deal, I'll throw her out afterwards
Wow. Well, here's an old adage that fits your situation.

You get what you pay for.:)

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#99760 Jul 29, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
He only shot one of them. He also said they had robed him before. He had a legitimate fear of them coming back to do firther harm.:)
Ya, legally that doesn't fly. If he had that fear then you call the cops (which you would have anyways b/c someone beat the crap out of you and stole from you) and have them arrested and get a restraining order.

You still don't get to kill a fleeing person.

But if I was him I'd get a jury trial if he gets arrested for it. No one is going to hold it against an 80+ old man for shooting them/him/her -- whoever.

Location hidden

#99761 Jul 29, 2014
Wow! Someone apparently spends a lot of time thinking about yours truly.

As I said the other day, it is far better for people to think your life is too good to be true than for people to think your life so pathetic and sad that they wish it wasn't true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques from Ottawa 178,012
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min RealDave 1,109,606
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 9 min Always Smile 83
Scots, Scottish Americans in Chicago brace for ... 11 min James 2
Dear Abby 9-17-14 15 min Mister Tonka 8
Protests Continue After Chicago Police Shoot 3r... 22 min reality is a crutch 1
Amy 9-17-14 24 min Mister Tonka 10
Amy 9-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 49
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••