Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#99790 Aug 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Tonka's response to these 3:
Go Fluck Yourself. If I want my steak well done and proceed to smear it into a bowl of sushi swimming in soy sauce and wash it down with a cup of wine I poured into my ice filled water glass, that's what I'm gonna do....cause I'm paying for it. Don't tell me how you think I SHOULD enjoy my food. Pretentious prick.
I agree with you in theory but also agree it should be a crime against humanity to cook prime rib well done. If you need any kind of meat well done, you shouldn't be eating meat

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99791 Aug 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you in theory but also agree it should be a crime against humanity to cook prime rib well done. If you need any kind of meat well done, you shouldn't be eating meat
If I'm paying for it, I'll do whatever the hell I want to it, whether that means burning it to a crisp or wiping my ass with it. You eat your meat however you want and keep your eyes the F off my plate.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99792 Aug 6, 2014
(sigh) You cant shine a sneaker...
Mister Tonka wrote:
"
Tonka's response to these 3:
Go Fluck Yourself. If I want my steak well done and proceed to smear it into a bowl of sushi swimming in soy sauce and wash it down with a cup of wine I poured into my ice filled water glass, that's what I'm gonna do....cause I'm paying for it. Don't tell me how you think I SHOULD enjoy my food. Pretentious prick.
Hecks Kitchen

Jakarta, Indonesia

#99793 Aug 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> If I'm paying for it, I'll do whatever the hell I want to it, whether that means burning it to a crisp or wiping my ass with it. You eat your meat however you want and keep your eyes the F off my plate.
Sounds like you enjoy peeing in your own Cheerios. Why all the extra sides of hostility? You seem a bit charred, ironically...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#99794 Aug 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It hurts when I have to agree with you. Oww

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#99795 Aug 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Florida mom arrested after letting son walk to park alone
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/sta...
Here's one(and another one referenced later in the story) to get Squishy's blood boiling.
Most of the comments think this is ridiculous, but here is one who disagrees.
"There are too many creeps with camera phones to allow any kids under 15 play in the park by themselves. Does this mom deserve to be charged with child neglect? No. Does this mom deserve to be required to attend child parenting classes? Probably."
WTF? And what does a camera phone have to do with anything? Unless your kid is running around nekkid at the park, what is a creeper gonna capture on his phone that is a big worry? 15? So don't go to the park alone until you are on the cusp of being able to drive a car? This woman is friggin crazy.
In third grade, I was 7/8. Went to and from school on my bike. No cell phones. 1.2 miles away.
15? Just wrap them in bubble wrap at birth and get it over with. smfh

“reign in blood”

United States

#99796 Aug 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> If I'm paying for it, I'll do whatever the hell I want to it, whether that means burning it to a crisp or wiping my ass with it. You eat your meat however you want and keep your eyes the F off my plate.
Quit eye- f#%king my food, boy!

It's also not a good idea to pzz off the people who prepare your food

“reign in blood”

United States

#99797 Aug 6, 2014
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It hurts when I have to agree with you. Oww
You should do it more often, I'm usually right most of the time

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99798 Aug 6, 2014
On the chef list thingy -- I do think some chefs are way over pretentious -- yet I agree that you should not overcook (read well-done) meat and sushi should not be swimming in soy sauce. I don't drink red wine so I don't care.

Go ahead and order whatever way you want it but really, Tonka, you should try having an excellent steak that's cooked medium (personally I like medium rare). A good steak cooked that way will just melt in your mouth. Go to a pretentious steak house that has kobe or really great grade of meat. Worth it.

That said, I do something that would make most people, if not all, cringe. If I have a beer at home and it's not cold enough, I put ice in it. I'm a wimp beer drinker anyways.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99799 Aug 6, 2014
Toj wrote:
That said, I do something that would make most people, if not all, cringe. If I have a beer at home and it's not cold enough, I put ice in it. I'm a wimp beer drinker anyways.
<cringe> Just put it in the freezer for ten minutes
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#99800 Aug 6, 2014
Medium well.
No blood, no burn.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99801 Aug 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
<cringe> Just put it in the freezer for ten minutes
Then I'd have to wait 10 minutes.:D

Just pass the tequila and I'll forget all about that beer anyways.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#99802 Aug 6, 2014
Perfectly acceptable to and not offensive...
Toj wrote:
personally I like medium rare. A good steak cooked that way will just melt in your mouth.
Fantastic. I hope your steak is always cooked just the way you like it.

Annoying as hell and deserving of a big FU.
Toj wrote:
you SHOULD not overcook (read well-done) meat and sushi SHOULD not be swimming in soy sauce.
If I want my sushi swimming in ketchup grape jelly, its no one else's concern.

Everyone has their own taste. No one's is better than another's. Just different. Those that feel the need to preach down their nose can bite my ass. Cow don't come with cooking instructions printed on the side. There is no "right" way to cook it. The right way is what tastes good to the person eating it.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#99803 Aug 6, 2014
On the flip side of that list...

"11. Let's talk about sending food back...

It happens. I understand that. But I really don't like when it happens and there's not a REASON. "I don't like this" is not a legitimate reason to send something back. "Their fish is underdone" is a legitimate reason to send it back. Let me know (via your server) if you have a suggestion for how the dish can be improved, or if there's anything else you'd like to try instead. "

If I was a restaurant owner and some schmuck thought "I don't like this" was a good reason to send something back, I'd kick him out and ban him from coming back. This ain't the grocery store. I ain't givin away free meals just cause you wanna try a taste of something..
Ron the waiter

Bangkok, Thailand

#99804 Aug 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Perfectly acceptable to and not offensive...
<quoted text> Fantastic. I hope your steak is always cooked just the way you like it.
Annoying as hell and deserving of a big FU.
<quoted text> If I want my sushi swimming in ketchup grape jelly, its no one else's concern.
Everyone has their own taste. No one's is better than another's. Just different. Those that feel the need to preach down their nose can bite my ass. Cow don't come with cooking instructions printed on the side. There is no "right" way to cook it. The right way is what tastes good to the person eating it.
And how would you like that azz prepared, sir?

West Palm Beach, FL

#99805 Aug 6, 2014
Ice cubes in wine.... <shudder>

FWIW, my personal taste agrees with the author of the article, but my sense of personal freedom agrees with Tonka. Having said that, people might find that they enjoy something a certain way if they just try it once.

And finally, the only thing I order well done is a burger, because I can't stand for ground beef to be pink or mushy.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#99806 Aug 6, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Ice cubes in wine.... <shudder>
FWIW, my personal taste agrees with the author of the article, but my sense of personal freedom agrees with Tonka. Having said that, people might find that they enjoy something a certain way if they just try it once.
And finally, the only thing I order well done is a burger, because I can't stand for ground beef to be pink or mushy.
I've tried medium steak before. Not by choice, but because they F'd up and I did not want to deal with sending it back and waiting while everyone else was eating. 2 bites in and I was thoroughly disgusted. Sent it back. That was at Charley's. They tout themselves as always being on some national top 10 steakhouses list. They're number one on my list of places that never get my steak right and refuse to cook it the way I order it the first time. It's like Race is back there in the kitchen.

Used to go there for friends' birthdays cause they gave the birthday boy a free steak and I would regularly have to send it back. I have said verbatim, I want it well done. No pink. Butterfly it if you have to....and still had a pink steak delivered to me. Thankfully, no one's suggested going there for their birthday in years.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#99807 Aug 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm usually right most of the time
Um. No. You're not.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#99808 Aug 6, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'd have to wait 10 minutes.:D
Just pass the tequila and I'll forget all about that beer anyways.
Or Bloody Mary's when it's -16ยบ and there's 3 feet of ice on the ground and a paranoid, slow moving Mimi. AMIRITE?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99809 Aug 7, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,417,342
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Serratus Anterior 60,998
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min TRD 70,936
News Former Mayor Daley responds to question about C... 30 min the late Mr Kotchman 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Rogue Scholar 05 222,298
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr RACE 6,685
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 3,018

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages