Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99569 Jul 8, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There's strong evidence of rainbows and unicorns in the scrapbooks. But the House Republicans are suppressing that info to make Obama look like a failure
I didn't find anything on that but I did find that Republicans do not seem to like rainbows.:D

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/01/1252... #

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#99570 Jul 8, 2014
Midlothian Composer wrote:
This thread started talking about establishing a hangout for regulars and somewhere it turned into scrap-booking evidence of rainbows and unicorns!
I can prove there was a double-rainbow a few weeks ago during the Taste of Midlothian (picture in Midlothian photo album), but you'll have to go elsewhere for the evidence of unicorns.
So should we still disregard rainbows are real?:)
I saw one too a couple years ago. Unfortunately I was at the Kennedy/Edens junction in traffic, so my glimpse was, alas fleeting.

Welcome back. What do you compose?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#99571 Jul 8, 2014
Toj wrote:
I didn't find anything on that but I did find that Republicans do not seem to like rainbows.:D
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/01/1252... #
There's a shocker. I had no idea a vast number of Republicans oppose the redefinition of marriage.

Would you be equally surprised to learn that a vast number of liberals believe in man-made global climate change? Whatever that is

We have two parties because people have a different opinion about things. Doesn't make one side automatically wrong, doesn't make one side automatically right. The best thing to do when you can't agree is reach a compromise. Unfortunately, this is something liberals refuse to do
old skool

Dubai, UAE

#99572 Jul 8, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a shocker. I had no idea a vast number of Republicans oppose the redefinition of marriage.
Would you be equally surprised to learn that a vast number of liberals believe in man-made global climate change? Whatever that is
We have two parties because people have a different opinion about things. Doesn't make one side automatically wrong, doesn't make one side automatically right. The best thing to do when you can't agree is reach a compromise. Unfortunately, this is something liberals refuse to do
You're confusing politics with religion, where you can believe in fanciful things without any basis of proof or fact. Also, you are confusing finishing "second" with "winning". You must have either never played sports or got a lot of ribbons just for participating.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99573 Jul 8, 2014
old skool wrote:
<quoted text>You're confusing politics with religion, where you can believe in fanciful things without any basis of proof or fact. Also, you are confusing finishing "second" with "winning". You must have either never played sports or got a lot of ribbons just for participating.
Those who know me know religion is never a part of my politics. I try to be a good person but I'm called @zzhole on a weekly basis by strangers and I have a thing for pregnant lactating lesbian married midgets. Trust me, I fear God as much as the atheist

And I suck at sports, I was kicked off the soccer team

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#99574 Jul 8, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99575 Jul 9, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
How can you not love Legos?
Have you ever stepped on one in the middle of the night?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99576 Jul 9, 2014

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#99577 Jul 9, 2014
Dog's Abby didn't post.

Try this one

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TGKN80NH4H...

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#99578 Jul 9, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Dog's Abby didn't post.
Try this one
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TGKN80NH4H...
That didn't work either, wth?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99579 Jul 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, there are more than two political parties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_politica...

There are a lot of Republicans that understand about climate change and "believe" in it. That thing called science, you know. I'm not going to debate with you b/c I'm not interested in changing your mind.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99580 Jul 9, 2014

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#99581 Jul 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever stepped on one in the middle of the night?
Haha! Yes. Happens every night.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#99582 Jul 9, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, there are more than two political parties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_politica...
There are a lot of Republicans that understand about climate change and "believe" in it. That thing called science, you know. I'm not going to debate with you b/c I'm not interested in changing your mind.
I guess you're right. After all, didn't science prove that man made global climate change is what melted all that ice from the last ice age?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99583 Jul 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're right. After all, didn't science prove that man made global climate change is what melted all that ice from the last ice age?
So what you're saying is that if pollution is greatly contributing to climate change, since there has been climate change on Earth before we should ignore it?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#99584 Jul 9, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that if pollution is greatly contributing to climate change, since there has been climate change on Earth before we should ignore it?
I'm saying your premise is flawed. Pollution is not greatly contributing to climate change

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99585 Jul 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying your premise is flawed. Pollution is not greatly contributing to climate change
Okay -- let's take out "greatly". We can agree to disagree on that word. Do you believe pollution is contributing to climate change? If so, do you feel that we should ignore it? If it shouldn't be ignored, what should be done?

Also, here's an informative link: http://www.learner.org/courses/envsci/unit/te...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99587 Jul 9, 2014
I have no problem with taking "reasonable" steps to curb pollution. What I have a problem with is UNreasonable steps. The myth of global warming is being used to push an agenda of shutting down oil refineries, coal plants, forcing everyone into electric cars, etc. It has nothing to do with "saving the planet," and everything to do with control.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99588 Jul 9, 2014
Okay, and just got an invitation to my niece's gay wedding. Of course I have no intention of going, but I don't want her to ostracize me over it. Any suggestions on how to avoid it? It's in two months, a little early to tell her I already have plans on that particular day?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99589 Jul 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Okay, and just got an invitation to my niece's gay wedding. Of course I have no intention of going, but I don't want her to ostracize me over it. Any suggestions on how to avoid it? It's in two months, a little early to tell her I already have plans on that particular day?
Why not tell her the truth?
You don't believe she should have equal rights, and celebrating her commitment to someone she loves would make it seem as if you supported her being treated as an equal human being.
Oh, right, you don't want to admit you're a spineless bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,534,517
You created "US". 18 min Needed Desperately 2
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 24 min Citizen Bob 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min satan 240,820
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 3 hr Mike Rowe 4
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 3 hr Starr 22
Review: Chicago Hauntings Tours 4 hr Annie Cooney 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages