Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99547 Jul 7, 2014
It all evens out? 5 innocents shot vs 1 bad guy shot is even?
What? Is that common core math or something?
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Over the weekend we had a concealed carry military guy ( papers emphsized teh militray part) shoot a bad guy after the bad guy had already shot 4 people.
We also had a report of a bad guy ambushing and killing a concealed carry guy. It all evens out.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#99548 Jul 7, 2014
Toj wrote:
So how is it helping exactly? Also, right now, gun laws are not that strict in Illinois. That got overturned. They're working on it, though.
?? You obviously don't live here. Illinois was one of the strictest gun control states in the nation. You couldn't even own a handgun if you lived within Chicago city limits until recently. Illinois was the last state to allow conceal-carry, and only because a federal judge ordered them too. It is also the only state that requires a FOID card.

Thankfully, gun control laws are being laxed in Illinois. There are still some unenlightened dinosaurs trying to prevent it, but they will fail.

Chicago is also on the hook for legal fees for fighting the NRA. As they should be

Tide is turning, my friends. We'll slowly return to a free nation again
all things being equal

Quito, Ecuador

#99549 Jul 7, 2014
It's curious when rightwingers, who tend to be fervently pro-gun, giggle about the GUN violence in Chicago. Usually they are trying to promote some wild correlation between the Obama presidency and violence in his (adopted) home town. However, they really are highlighting how guns are good for nothing but violence! Do they ever stop and think that school shootings all over America and gang violence might not be 'good advertising' for their passions for guns? These gangsters and serial murderers *could* be doing their killing with hammers, knives, cars, etc. but they choose GUNS, because guns are the best killing machines available. That's all they are good for. Killing.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#99550 Jul 7, 2014
What is 'Chitown'???

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99551 Jul 7, 2014
all things being equal wrote:
It's curious when rightwingers, who tend to be fervently pro-gun, giggle about the GUN violence in Chicago. Usually they are trying to promote some wild correlation between the Obama presidency and violence in his (adopted) home town. However, they really are highlighting how guns are good for nothing but violence! Do they ever stop and think that school shootings all over America and gang violence might not be 'good advertising' for their passions for guns? These gangsters and serial murderers *could* be doing their killing with hammers, knives, cars, etc. but they choose GUNS, because guns are the best killing machines available. That's all they are good for. Killing.
And most of the mass killings, and gun crime in Shitcago, are committed by leftwingers... You'd think THEY would be the ones to want less gun control...

#liberallogic

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99552 Jul 7, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
What is 'Chitown'???
Worst city in the country, maybe even the world

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#99553 Jul 7, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst city in the country, maybe even the world
I didn't know....Just looking for a new forum to write on!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99554 Jul 7, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And most of the mass killings, and gun crime in Shitcago, are committed by leftwingers... You'd think THEY would be the ones to want less gun control...
#liberallogic
Prove it. Links that are reliable or you're just lying.
I doubt if the political leanings of such criminals are even existent, much less noted and tracked.
all things being equal

Bangkok, Thailand

#99555 Jul 7, 2014
Gangster Disciples actually vote steadily republican and are definitely Keynesian in economic policies. They invest heavily in Wall Street and- ironically- love municipal bonds. The Latin Kings are notorious Libertarians as you might expect crazed killers to be. The Insane Unknowns are the tea party crowd of local Chicago politics but, mostly because they like the festive, period costumes. Really the only democrats are the Chicago Police. They're still knee deep in Daleys.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99556 Jul 7, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text> Prove it. Links that are reliable or you're just lying.
I doubt if the political leanings of such criminals are even existent, much less noted and tracked.
http://cryandhowl.com/2014/05/28/mass-murdere...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99557 Jul 7, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/18/gop-ho...

"...mass e-mails circulated by fellow right-wingers with sensationalized, unfounded claims that blame liberal Democrats for every malady in America.

The “mass shooters are Democrats” meme is popular on the Internet, but although widely circulated, the claims are invariably provided without a source, because to put it bluntly, they are patently false. The original claim was made by right-wing radio host Roger Hedgecock, who proclaimed, without evidence or sources, that the five worst mass shootings in U.S. History were committed by “registered Democrats”. The shooters he referenced to make his false claim were Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hassan, VA Tech killer Seung-Hui Cho, Aurora Theater shooter James Holmes, Sandy Hook mass killer Adam Lanza, and Columbine shooters Dylan Klebold and EricHarris. Some versions of the meme incorporate more recent mass shooters or add Jared Loughner, the deranged killer who shot Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords at a Tucson-area meet and greet.

Of course, not a single one of the shooters mentioned has any demonstrated connection to the Democratic Party. Seung-Hui Cho was a resident alien, and therefore was not even registered to vote. Nidal Hassan was a legal resident of Virginia living in Texas. Neither state has partisan voter registration, so while it is impossible to determine how he voted if he voted, we do know that he could not register as a Democrat in either the state of Texas or Virginia. Klebold and Harris where too young to vote and while some arguments acknowledge that by arguing instead that their parents were Democrats, that claim is also unsubstantiated. The claim that Adam Lanza was a Democrat is also unsubstantiated.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#99558 Jul 7, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
#liberallogic
Most of the gun crime is black on black and is confined to a fairly limited number of neighborhoods.Unless you equate receipt of some sort of government assistance with being left wing, none of the bad neighborhoods is particularly political.

Englewood and Lawndale and Austin don't stand out as hotbeds of left wing politics

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99559 Jul 7, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Biased fail. Something that isn't right or left wing you can find? No, there isn't .

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#99560 Jul 7, 2014
Gangster Disciples actually vote steadily republican and are definitely Keynesian in economic policies. They invest heavily in Wall Street and- ironically- love municipal bonds. The Latin Kings are notorious Libertarians as you might expect crazed killers to be. The Insane Unknowns are the tea party crowd of local Chicago politics but, mostly because they like the festive, period costumes. Really the only democrats are the Chicago Police. They're still knee deep in Daleys.
Are you trolling or do you have some basis for these statements?

It would be an interesting differentiation of the street gangs if it were even marginally true.
all things being equal

Istanbul, Turkey

#99561 Jul 7, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trolling or do you have some basis for these statements?
It would be an interesting differentiation of the street gangs if it were even marginally true.
Now where did I leave that sarcasm font? It was around here somewhere....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#99562 Jul 7, 2014
<quoted text>Now where did I leave that sarcasm font? It was around here somewhere....
Did you ever read the Malcolm Gladwell book Tipping Point which has a whole chapter on the economic structure of street gangs? I think the chapter is called Why Drug Dealers Still Live with their Mothers.

Its not that far a leap. Kind of like the people who listen to Stephen Colbert for the news.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99563 Jul 8, 2014
I see you people are unwilling to accept the shocking truth

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8DRH9B6O2...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8RVL0NH81...
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#99564 Jul 8, 2014
http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_26105821/c...

Another victory for liberal social engineering.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#99565 Jul 8, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
I see you people are unwilling to accept the shocking truth
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8DRH9B6O2...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8RVL0NH81...
About scrapbooking?

“reign in blood”

United States

#99566 Jul 8, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
About scrapbooking?
About everything!

Let's just keep our heads in the sand and believe everything is rainbows and unicorns. If anything bad happens we can just blame the Republicans

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Susanm 1,458,591
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dr Guru 231,058
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 62,317
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr honeymylove 2,752
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Susanm 9,853
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr honeymylove 1,956
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr honeymylove 2,280

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages