Topix Chitown Regulars

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99384 Jun 19, 2014
And in other whinings....
I got my wireless printer back up and running, Had to uninstall everything like Tonka said and then reinstall.
Whaaaaa! er,,, Whoot!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#99385 Jun 19, 2014
RACE wrote:
Care to provide details, or just general vague accusations? Are you bashing me right now, or am I just delusional? Maybe it's just a little tough love? Something does not have to impact me directly for me to realize it's wrong or an abuse, and to comment on it.
I find it comical that you call it whining when its something you disagree with, but it's what?? when you complain... Trying to engage? Your double standard is amazing, and I really dont see how you can even face yourself in the mirror. You are totally hypocritical.
Tonka likes to think that he sticks with the facts, but he does not always do that, and since he calls others on it, I do the same to him. Sorry if turnabout is not fair play to you, but it is to everyone else.
<quoted text>
You go, girl!

#99386 Jun 19, 2014
Today's opinion poll....
What's gonna happen in Iraq?
Total Anarchy?
US Drone's?
US Boots?
Other?

“reign in blood”

United States

#99387 Jun 19, 2014
Infighting which has been happening for thousands of years with a few drone strikes and cruise missiles thrown in from time to time

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#99389 Jun 19, 2014
Since we're all whining, my apartment building was hit by lightening yesterday. It hit the chimney which exploded and rained bricks onto the junction box, so no power, no water, no habitation.

So we will be living in a hotel until <mimishrug>

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99390 Jun 20, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99391 Jun 20, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99392 Jun 20, 2014
squishymama wrote:
Since we're all whining, my apartment building was hit by lightening yesterday. It hit the chimney which exploded and rained bricks onto the junction box, so no power, no water, no habitation.
Where you been?

#99393 Jun 20, 2014
Wow! Glad you're all ok. Were you there when it happened? My house has never been hit, but I have had a few strikes within meters of me. Really gets your heart pumping.
squishymama wrote:

Evanston IL

#99394 Jun 20, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you been?
I got new duties at work so no more free time there. Then when I get home, I don't feel like sitting at a computer some more.

I get a few minutes on the train (like right now) but I hate typing on my phone.

Evanston IL

#99395 Jun 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
Wow! Glad you're all ok. Were you there when it happened? My house has never been hit, but I have had a few strikes within meters of me. Really gets your heart pumping.
<quoted text>
It happened during the middle of a work day, so almost no one was at home. Good thing too, the courtyards where the majority of the the bricks came down is always filled with kids. Tho I like to think I would have made them come inside during an electrical storm, I have been known to let them play in the rain.

I came home from work and picking up the kids to find news crews wanting interviews.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#99396 Jun 20, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And the kids be like
"It's half the dam summer!! And I have get up in the morning!! And be at school from 9 to 2!!"
But seriously good for you! I imagine you'll propose as soon as you have your doctorate? I'll wait...
Nah, most are excited about the opportunity to advance to 8th. It's an honor and no behavior problems are allowed. I will be very clear that if they aren't ready emotionally, I won't recommend the jump. Sometimes kids do need that extra year to mature some.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99397 Jun 20, 2014
squishymama wrote:
That really sux. Sorry you're going through that. Do you have what you need to deal with living in a hotel with kids? I hope you have a pool.

Evanston IL

#99398 Jun 20, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That really sux. Sorry you're going through that. Do you have what you need to deal with living in a hotel with kids? I hope you have a pool.
We're at a Holiday Inn right now and it does have a pool, but the room is not big enough for all of us to live in for the duration, so hopefully by Saturday we'll be in an extended-stay kind of place, where we can close a door between the sleeping children and the daddy who has to make phone calls.

But at the moment, all I keep saying to myself is this sucks. I am however, keeping a good attitude (for the most part) for the kids. I don't want their summer completely ruined.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99399 Jun 20, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're at a Holiday Inn right now and it does have a pool, but the room is not big enough for all of us to live in for the duration, so hopefully by Saturday we'll be in an extended-stay kind of place, where we can close a door between the sleeping children and the daddy who has to make phone calls.
But at the moment, all I keep saying to myself is this sucks. I am however, keeping a good attitude (for the most part) for the k1ids. I don't want their summer completely ruined.
I'd spend the whole time by the pool. A room with a door within a suite would probably make a world of difference.

#99400 Jun 20, 2014
Edog has an entire house!
I am sure he would let you guy's stay for a few days.
Ask him!
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
But at the moment, all I keep saying to myself is this sucks. I am however, keeping a good attitude (for the most part) for the kids. I don't want their summer completely ruined.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#99401 Jun 20, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids will think this is a great adventure. they will tell the tale round family dinners to their own grandchildren.

Get the Eloise books from the library about the little girl who lived in The Plaza Hotel in NY.

“reign in blood”

United States

#99402 Jun 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
Edog has an entire house!
I am sure he would let you guy's stay for a few days.
Ask him!
<quoted text>
And all I'll ask for in return is a little sex!

#99403 Jun 20, 2014
No! Get the Jimmy Buffett book "Swine Not" About a couple of kids that hide their pig in a NY hotel they are living in.

Srsly!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids will think this is a great adventure. they will tell the tale round family dinners to their own grandchildren.
Get the Eloise books from the library about the little girl who lived in The Plaza Hotel in NY.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#99404 Jun 20, 2014
I have to admit, he is VERY good looking. His record, on the other hand, ruins it.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/nationworld/dreamy-f...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DBWriter 1,262,098
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min loose cannon 194,367
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min RACE 6,252
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 33 min RACE 1,699
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 1 hr reality is a crutch 16
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot 54,329
Abby 7-28-15 6 hr Kuuipo 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages