“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99372 Jun 18, 2014
If the NBA can force Stirling to sell for what he says, Whats to stop the NFL from forcing Washingtons owner to sell for his refusal?

#99373 Jun 18, 2014
Let's force the Giants to change their name because it's disparaging to dwarfs.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#99374 Jun 18, 2014
Interesting comment in the Trib about this:

"Banking on the current appeal filed by the Redskins football team failing, the gov't (the PTO) is NOT banning word nor forcing the team to change their name.

All the PTO has done is to rule that it will stop protecting the trademark for the team. Other businesses can now use the word as apart of their unregistered trademark or service mark when conducting business.

If I were to sell "Clean Redskin" handiwipes at tailgait parties at the teams stadium, I could do so without fear of lawsuit from the team (seeing that I got proper peddler's license or permits from the city).

The gov't is intervening LESS...they are DEREGULATING the word, they are allowing other businesses FREE use of the word....they've LESSENED the LAW on the books for the word "Redskin".

In fact, more businesses have the right to offend more Native Americans by using "Redskin" on more products and services across industries.

I'm now more offended by the football team trying to take away my rights by using the gov't to control how, when, and where I can and cannot use the word "Redskin"."

Now I'm not 100% sure what to think. The state-run Liberal media is chalking this up to a PC victory, what they don't seem to understand, is it allows MORE companies to use the "Redskin" name and logo without fear of a lawsuit from the NFL. Liberal Logic, I guess....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#99375 Jun 18, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I think I'm somewhat offended. Who said I failed at something? Maybe I was taking on extra-curricular activities and didn't have the necessary credits to advance without making up for them in summer school so I could graduate on time? What's worse, going to summer school as a student, or teaching summer school as a teacher? Honestly not trying for offense, but I think both are "looked down upon" academically. Unfortunate as than is
You failed-own it, lol.
Actually I am teaching an innovatiove program designed for kids who failed years ago and are too old, so says someone. No one is allowed to fail, remember. No kid left behind so they all pass no matter what.
But they did press for the best teachers for this. It's a rigorous 6 weeks, and I get my regular pay rate. It gets me up and out and it's only from 9-2.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99376 Jun 18, 2014
RACE wrote:
If the NBA can force Stirling to sell for what he says, Whats to stop the NFL from forcing Washingtons owner to sell for his refusal?
First of all, the NBA has their own rules, agreed upon by all owners, that has zero to do with the NFL. I have no idea what powers thecleague has in that regard. But that's not currenly even close to being an issue. The NFL has not taken an official stance on this. For years, they've just been ignoring it and hoping it would go away.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99377 Jun 18, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
It's a rigorous 6 weeks... It gets me up and out and it's only from 9-2.
And the kids be like

"It's half the dam summer!! And I have get up in the morning!! And be at school from 9 to 2!!"

But seriously good for you! I imagine you'll propose as soon as you have your doctorate? I'll wait...

#99378 Jun 18, 2014
Right, you your gonna paint me an imbicle for drawing such a comparison, and then tell me you have no idea how accurate such a comparison may be. Even though it is logical to assume that both leagues probably have similar structures.

If you wanna bash me, have at it, just stop making yourself look foolish about it.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, the NBA has their own rules, agreed upon by all owners, that has zero to do with the NFL. I have no idea what powers thecleague has in that regard. But that's not currenly even close to being an issue. The NFL has not taken an official stance on this. For years, they've just been ignoring it and hoping it would go away.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99379 Jun 18, 2014
RACE wrote:
Right, you your gonna paint me an imbicle for drawing such a comparison, and then tell me you have no idea how accurate such a comparison may be. Even though it is logical to assume that both leagues probably have similar structures.
If you wanna bash me, have at it, just stop making yourself look foolish about it.
<quoted text>
Dude, you've got a complex if you somehow interpreted my responses as me trying to bash you. Go have a(nother) friggin beer.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99380 Jun 19, 2014

#99381 Jun 19, 2014
Actually, I think You're the one with the complex. You have a" holier than though attitude" that permeates your writing. Maybe it's unintentional, maybe it's not. Maybe your aware of it, and maybe you aren't, but it's there.

When you say things like "First of all..." it's dismissive, and I will call you out on it, especially when you go on to say that you really are clueless as to how similar they may or not be.

So instead of whining about me having another beer, you should actually crack on open and pause to proofread what you write, since not everybody is going to interpret what you write as you intended.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you've got a complex if you somehow interpreted my responses as me trying to bash you. Go have a(nother) friggin beer.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99382 Jun 19, 2014
RACE wrote:
Actually, I think You're the one with the complex. You have a" holier than though attitude" that permeates your writing. Maybe it's unintentional, maybe it's not. Maybe your aware of it, and maybe you aren't, but it's there.
When you say things like "First of all..." it's dismissive, and I will call you out on it, especially when you go on to say that you really are clueless as to how similar they may or not be.
So instead of whining about me having another beer, you should actually crack on open and pause to proofread what you write, since not everybody is going to interpret what you write as you intended.
<quoted text>
You do whine. Constantly. Too many things are somehow connected to you (in your mind) and cheat you, wrong you, someone has something that you can't have (waaaaa). You even complain about words.

Now it's Tonka is bashing you. Ha! Tonka told you he believes you are wrong and why.

Tonka sticks to the facts unless it's about pugs. If it's about pugs (or his kids), he almost sounds like he might have some emotions. Otherwise, he's pretty much a fact-based guy.

So start your tantrum now. The usual response.

#99383 Jun 19, 2014
Care to provide details, or just general vague accusations? Are you bashing me right now, or am I just delusional? Maybe it's just a little tough love? Something does not have to impact me directly for me to realize it's wrong or an abuse, and to comment on it.

I find it comical that you call it whining when its something you disagree with, but it's what?? when you complain... Trying to engage? Your double standard is amazing, and I really dont see how you can even face yourself in the mirror. You are totally hypocritical.

Tonka likes to think that he sticks with the facts, but he does not always do that, and since he calls others on it, I do the same to him. Sorry if turnabout is not fair play to you, but it is to everyone else.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You do whine. Constantly. Too many things are somehow connected to you (in your mind) and cheat you, wrong you, someone has something that you can't have (waaaaa). You even complain about words.
Now it's Tonka is bashing you. Ha! Tonka told you he believes you are wrong and why.
Tonka sticks to the facts unless it's about pugs. If it's about pugs (or his kids), he almost sounds like he might have some emotions. Otherwise, he's pretty much a fact-based guy.
So start your tantrum now. The usual response.

#99384 Jun 19, 2014
And in other whinings....
I got my wireless printer back up and running, Had to uninstall everything like Tonka said and then reinstall.
Whaaaaa! er,,, Whoot!

“reign in blood”

United States

#99385 Jun 19, 2014
RACE wrote:
Care to provide details, or just general vague accusations? Are you bashing me right now, or am I just delusional? Maybe it's just a little tough love? Something does not have to impact me directly for me to realize it's wrong or an abuse, and to comment on it.
I find it comical that you call it whining when its something you disagree with, but it's what?? when you complain... Trying to engage? Your double standard is amazing, and I really dont see how you can even face yourself in the mirror. You are totally hypocritical.
Tonka likes to think that he sticks with the facts, but he does not always do that, and since he calls others on it, I do the same to him. Sorry if turnabout is not fair play to you, but it is to everyone else.
<quoted text>
You go, girl!

#99386 Jun 19, 2014
Today's opinion poll....
What's gonna happen in Iraq?
Total Anarchy?
US Drone's?
US Boots?
Other?

“reign in blood”

United States

#99387 Jun 19, 2014
Infighting which has been happening for thousands of years with a few drone strikes and cruise missiles thrown in from time to time

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#99389 Jun 19, 2014
Since we're all whining, my apartment building was hit by lightening yesterday. It hit the chimney which exploded and rained bricks onto the junction box, so no power, no water, no habitation.

So we will be living in a hotel until <mimishrug>

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99390 Jun 20, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99391 Jun 20, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#99392 Jun 20, 2014
squishymama wrote:
Since we're all whining, my apartment building was hit by lightening yesterday. It hit the chimney which exploded and rained bricks onto the junction box, so no power, no water, no habitation.
So we will be living in a hotel until <mimishrug>
Where you been?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,193,014
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Bieber 185,136
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,137
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Graham Cracker 51,376
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Non _cents 5,084
Ask Amy 3-5-15 2 hr Cass 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr kal 51,568
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:44 am PST