Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#99177 Jun 8, 2014
ScarletandOlive

Indianapolis, IN

#99178 Jun 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
You're right, I apologize to Scarlet.
I guess I get frustrated because I really would like of we could all just get along, and I would like to help that process. But when I hear about how I cant understand, or how there is nothing I can do, or that I have to condemn one person for using a word, but accept when another person uses that same word, drives me bonkers.
I am happy to treat everyone equally, just don't get mad at me when I do.
<quoted text>
Sorry, had a crazy weekend - wasn't ignoring you.

We can learn from others' experiences, we can try to emphasize, but there are some experiences that we can't claim as our own. For example - childbirth. You have never had a child and you cannot have one. You can be supportive of a woman who is having one, you can be present for the birth, but you can't go through the same experience - the surge of hormones, the feeling of something that is alive and moving coming out of you. You can relate to pain, but there is more to the feelings that go along with childbirth that are only felt by the woman.

That doesn't mean that you can't talk about it, or that your part in the pregnancy and raising the child are irrelevant. It just means that sometimes you can't be the voice of experience or last word on certain subjects.

By "you", I mean the general you :)
ScarletandOlive

Indianapolis, IN

#99179 Jun 8, 2014
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Mine sucked. Could be worse, though. These two are idiots.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/teen-me...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99180 Jun 8, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Mine sucked. Could be worse, though. These two are idiots.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/teen-me...
Pssshtt.

I say good for him. I love his response to her claim that he'll never find someone like her again.
ScarletandOlive

Indianapolis, IN

#99181 Jun 8, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssshtt.
I say good for him. I love his response to her claim that he'll never find someone like her again.
I think his responses were very funny, but unless he plans for a career in comedy, his decision to make this so public is pretty immature.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99182 Jun 8, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his responses were very funny, but unless he plans for a career in comedy
Maybe he is. Apparently he was the salutatorian and pretty funny in his speech. Have not watched it yet.

http://heavy.com/social/2014/06/kane-zipperma...
ScarletandOlive wrote:
his decision to make this so public is pretty immature.
He's 17. You were expecting Matt Lauer? I would think a high school kid acting immaturely would be par for the course.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99183 Jun 9, 2014

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#99184 Jun 9, 2014
Media reports that the shooter couple, in the Las Vegas incident, were White Supremacists.....then, why would they kill two white cops?....Bewildering.......

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99185 Jun 9, 2014
Edog, you need to move to Texas.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/texa...

“Where is Tonka?”

#99186 Jun 9, 2014
Probably because they are exceptionally stupid.
Thank FSM they wasted themselves.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Media reports that the shooter couple, in the Las Vegas incident, were White Supremacists.....then, why would they kill two white cops?....Bewildering.......

Location hidden

#99187 Jun 9, 2014
RACE wrote:
Probably because they are exceptionally stupid.
Thank FSM they wasted themselves.
<quoted text>
I'm alway's pleased for both the Law Enforcement and society, when extreme scumbags, eat their guns.....

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#99188 Jun 9, 2014
RACE wrote:
Edog, you need to move to Texas.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/texa...
BFD

I believe if we spend enough money and resources, we'll be able to cure gay within our lifetime

“Where is Tonka?”

#99189 Jun 9, 2014
You better hope not! With all the newly straight guys available, no women would bother with you.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD
I believe if we spend enough money and resources, we'll be able to cure gay within our lifetime

“Where is Tonka?”

#99190 Jun 9, 2014
Feel free to spend your money on a cure, I dont want mine wasted that way though.
Maybe you could start a go fund me to search for the cure?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#99191 Jun 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD
And I believe those same resources might cure you of ignorance.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#99192 Jun 9, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Maybe they weren't the right kind of white, plus they're cops. I think, generally, White Supremacists aren't really fond of the police.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99193 Jun 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD
There is nothing to cure. If only we could cure the ignorance that people such as you carry and spread.
All those shootings and they keep missing you.
Such a shame.

Location hidden

#99194 Jun 9, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they weren't the right kind of white, plus they're cops. I think, generally, White Supremacists aren't really fond of the police.
Guess so, but it does'nt further their message very well....Not sure of anything Law Enforcement can do, in situations like this.....

“Where is Tonka?”

#99195 Jun 9, 2014
Why cant we all just get along?
If there really was a car in between them that turned off, how was she so close to his car then? At the very least she was tailgating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Joy 1,640,390
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Quirky 242,990
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min honeymylove 11,532
last post wins! (Dec '10) 47 min honeymylove 3,213
last post wins! (Apr '13) 48 min honeymylove 2,647
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,108
Help me 4 hr The beans 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages