Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

RACE wrote:
I bought a new(used) car... A VW Jetta.
<quoted text>
Cool...Jetta is a reliable ride...Was it built in Germany?....Does the serial number start with a W?.....Jetta makes a wagon, or did....i think they are nice and we alway's get something for the dogs?....Like the Subaru commercial...lol......

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Its been in the mid 80's and I have been gardening for 3 days straight.
At about 4 the temp dropped like 20 degrees and the wind picked up.
Tank top to (almost) fleece in the blink of an eye.
They are calling it a pneumonia front.
But. I re-edged the flower bed where the dead pets are buried with brick pavers, planted flowers, got all my veggies and herbs in and will be manually attacking the dandelions next.
I have 5 pepper plants, about a dozen tomato plants, one variety chosen for no better reason than because it is named for one of the Topix people, 2 zucchini hills, 2 butternut squash hills, a kohlrabi I had in the back of the fridge from last season which started to sprout between the time I took it out of the fridge and garbage pick up. I figure if it lasted that long it deserved another chance at life.
Daikon radishes.
I have basil, sage,parsley by seed, lemon balm, everlasting chives, rosemary and thyme and several little peat pots of catnip.
Thunder but no rain yet

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

PEllen wrote:
But. I re-edged the flower bed where the dead pets are buried with brick pavers, planted flowers, got all my veggies and herbs in and will be manually attacking the dandelions next.
I have 5 pepper plants, about a dozen tomato plants, one variety chosen for no better reason than because it is named for one of the Topix people, 2 zucchini hills, 2 butternut squash hills, a kohlrabi I had in the back of the fridge from last season which started to sprout between the time I took it out of the fridge and garbage pick up. I figure if it lasted that long it deserved another chance at life.
Daikon radishes.
I have basil, sage,parsley by seed, lemon balm, everlasting chives, rosemary and thyme and several little peat pots of catnip.
Thunder but no rain yet
Damn PE! I haven't found the time or energy for the one measly hanging-on-railing pot I have. You're tearing up the whole yard.
:D

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

built in Mexico but does start with vw (for whatever its woth) Anyway, a good ride, for 13k, and a certified car.... No complaints on my side. Has a 2yr mfr warranty bumper to bumper, so i figure 60K miles or 24 months, is plenty.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Cool...Jetta is a reliable ride...Was it built in
Germany?....Does the serial number start with a W?.....Jetta makes a wagon, or did....i think they are nice and we alway's get something for the dogs?....Like the Subaru commercial...lol......

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

PEllen wrote:
Daikon radishes.
Thunder but no rain yet
and i thought i was ambitious with mowing the lawn, fixing 10' of border paver stones, planting 2 tomatoes, 1 cuke and some herbs. i have to build some sort of fence for the cabbages, beans & carrots. I think i once again missed the window of opportunity for spring peas. my plot is on the west side of our house & along the driveway, so that all gets nice & warm, even wehn the weather isn't that hot yet. a little bit of sun burn & i'm itching like mad, and by friday i'll have nothign to show for it any more.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Cool...Jetta is a reliable ride...Was it built in Germany?....Does the serial number start with a W?.....Jetta makes a wagon, or did....i think they are nice and we alway's get something for the dogs?....Like the Subaru commercial...lol......
i've loved my jetta tdi... nearly 2 years old. I think mine was built in TN of engine & parts from Germany. hubby has a 2005 passat tdi that's still holding on, more years & miles than his previous GM car that needed gaskets replaced for a 2nd time.

the current incarnation of the VW wagon is a Jetta, the prior one was the Passat. Most of hte newer wagons that i see around here are the TDIs. i think i read not too long ago that the next wagon will be called a golf. i just hope it's bigger than the golf is.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

RACE wrote:
built in Mexico but does start with vw (for whatever its woth) Anyway, a good ride, for 13k, and a certified car.... No complaints on my side. Has a 2yr mfr warranty bumper to bumper, so i figure 60K miles or 24 months, is plenty.
<quoted text>
Good deal and a solid car....I've had two Volvo's, and Jetta's have that feel....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've loved my jetta tdi... nearly 2 years old. I think mine was built in TN of engine & parts from Germany. hubby has a 2005 passat tdi that's still holding on, more years & miles than his previous GM car that needed gaskets replaced for a 2nd time.
the current incarnation of the VW wagon is a Jetta, the prior one was the Passat. Most of hte newer wagons that i see around here are the TDIs. i think i read not too long ago that the next wagon will be called a golf. i just hope it's bigger than the golf is.
I think deisels are great, especially now that the fuel prices have stabilized a bit....just don't do enough miles anymore....Had two great wagons, a Volvo 945 and Mercedes 300TE wagon.....But, we stopped collecting antiques, so.....

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

The sales guy told me that the golf and jetta are the same car, but the golf is a hatch back.
And I have to say, I am impressed with the size of the trunk, larger than it looks from the outside.
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

The diesel was out of my price range.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

RACE wrote:
The diesel was out of my price range.
Maybe diesels are a bit more justified, if you do heavy miles....we don't do enough....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

BTW, anyone else hate the new reply display format? Does'nt seem an upgrade...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Go Blue Forever wrote:
BTW, anyone else hate the new reply display format? Does'nt seem an upgrade...
On Topix? Mine hasn't changed

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
On Topix? Mine hasn't changed
I think he means where they tell you how many replies you have to comments. It's awful. I also can't be on as much lately because the site completely locks up my internet.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he means where they tell you how many replies you have to comments. It's awful. I also can't be on as much lately because the site completely locks up my internet.
Been out. At first I thought there was something wrong with the site. I don't like it either.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Stina --

Wen gallons will be selling at QVC shortly. Right now they have only Bamboo Green Tea but all of the varieties should be available in gallons come June 1st. They have the gallons for one month or until they are gone, whichever comes first. They used to have free shipping on the gallons but I see they are doing reduced shipping. Cheap bast*rds!

Maybe when they're all available they'll do free shipping. The bamboo will probably sell out first.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

PEllen wrote:
Daikon radishes.
Thunder but no rain yet
Took time off work. Planted a bunch. Mostly flowers. I did put in 6 tomato plant starters. Heirloom.

Darn chipmunks and squirrels have been eating any seed I put in. Figure I'll start my herbs inside b/c they've been going through every.single.pot.

They have been eating the maple seeds. Those they can have. A zillion of those things have been falling from 2 trees I have in the backyard. Can't wait until those are done falling.

Something fun I got this year -- a lemon tree. Treating it like a houseplant, although I'll keep it on the deck during the summer. The thing is blooming. I should have lemons in the Fall.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Toj wrote:
Stina --
Wen gallons will be selling at QVC shortly. Right now they have only Bamboo Green Tea but all of the varieties should be available in gallons come June 1st. They have the gallons for one month or until they are gone, whichever comes first. They used to have free shipping on the gallons but I see they are doing reduced shipping. Cheap bast*rds!
Maybe when they're all available they'll do free shipping. The bamboo will probably sell out first.
Hi, Toj! I am going to be on vaca June 1, but I plan to go on-line and pick up some fig and maybe some cuke. Those 2 work the best for me. This way I'll be stocked for a "little" while anyway. There is no way I can skip a day with it. I couldn't before i used it, either, but I could skirt it some before (ponytail), and I can't at all now. I was hoping that would change! I have a very oily scalp!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DEVIL 1,082,383
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Dale 174,964
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,408
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 47 min skwirts 3,835
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,847
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 474
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,052
Amy 7-28 7 hr Sublime1 16
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000