Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#99098 Jun 3, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>She was? I don't recall reading that. What makes you think so?
I tried to post a link, but the Topix Gods wouldn't allow it. Google it
oh tay

Dallas, TX

#99099 Jun 3, 2014
Andie J gave my computer herpes.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99100 Jun 3, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>She was? I don't recall reading that. What makes you think so?
He's just parroting Debbie schlussel

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99101 Jun 4, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#99102 Jun 4, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
He's just parroting Debbie schlussel
I'm just parroting the truth

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#99103 Jun 4, 2014
Thank You.....TOPIX returns to the previous reply tracker.....sweet....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99104 Jun 4, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just parroting the truth
i highly doubt you ever gave anything about her existence more than a half second's thought much less held these opinions about her. But now that the conservative mouthpieces are saying it, your dropping quotes as if they are your original thoughts. Marching in lockstep like a good soldier.

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#99105 Jun 4, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i highly doubt you ever gave anything about her existence more than a half second's thought much less held these opinions about her. But now that the conservative mouthpieces are saying it, your dropping quotes as if they are your original thoughts. Marching in lockstep like a good soldier.
I think it's important to point out the truth about your supposed "heroes." Look at the Bengdahl case, he was being branded a hero by your media. Now the truth is coming out
(I posted the truth on fb as soon as the case broke, long before the media caught up)
How do you feel about your President surrendering to the Taliban?

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#99106 Jun 4, 2014
The United States does not negotiate with Terrorists....

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#99107 Jun 4, 2014
It was a prisoner swap so not technically a negotiation.

Depends on what your definition of "is" is.

And who came up with the five for one deal??

What a joke. Anyone still doubt the King in Chief is an imbedded terrorist seeking to destroy this country from within?
Stinky Pinky

United States

#99108 Jun 4, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Maya Angelou was an anti-American, anti-Semitic racist
Wow, you're an angry little sonofa gun aren't you?

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#99109 Jun 4, 2014
Stinky Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're an angry little sonofa gun aren't you?
Nope, happy as a lark. Just trying to educate the masses

“Where is Tonka?”

#99110 Jun 4, 2014
The presidential doublespeak.
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/surrender-...

“Where is Tonka?”

#99111 Jun 4, 2014
Oh, if the colors were reversed....
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/unit...

Jesse would be all over this woman if she had been white, but since she aint, there is no outcry. When does the double standard end?

“Where is Tonka?”

#99112 Jun 4, 2014
Stinky Pinky

United States

#99113 Jun 4, 2014
RACE wrote:
Oh, if the colors were reversed....
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/unit...
Jesse would be all over this woman if she had been white, but since she aint, there is no outcry. When does the double standard end?
Probably not for a long time, if ever. Women can get away with things that men can't. Black people are not criticized as harshly for using the N-word as are white people. Hetero couples can kiss in public without people freaking out, homosexual couples can't. "News" stations will support behaviour by their affiliated party that they will condem by the other. It's the way of the world, mister. The real question is when are you going to stop crying about hypotheticals? The plane was turned around, the woman was kicked off and arrested. Sounds appropriate to me. Whining about what MIGHT have been done IF circumstances had been different seems silly and small.

“Where is Tonka?”

#99114 Jun 4, 2014
Thanks for your opinion, but like you, I am also allowed mine. So please grant me the same courtesy I do you.

Just because you do not like when I point out hypocracy does not mean I am not allowed to do so.
The news is all aglow with the statements of Sterling, and I am sorry if you dont agree, but the words of this woman are at least as galling, if not more so, because of the threat of violence. If it think that if the colors were reversed that person would be charged with a hate crime and the fact that this person was not, and cite it as a further example of hypocracy, am I not entitled?

You want to call me small and whiny because I point out "Inconvenient truths" that upset you. How about pointing out how I am wrong in my hypothetical instead of slandering me? You don't because you cant.

And pray tell...
Since when is it small and whiny to point out an injustice....
Oh,Right! when you support the people causing it.

As is so often cited here, if you dont like the post, quit reading, I wont be offended.
Stinky Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not for a long time, if ever. Women can get away with things that men can't. Black people are not criticized as harshly for using the N-word as are white people. Hetero couples can kiss in public without people freaking out, homosexual couples can't. "News" stations will support behaviour by their affiliated party that they will condem by the other. It's the way of the world, mister. The real question is when are you going to stop crying about hypotheticals? The plane was turned around, the woman was kicked off and arrested. Sounds appropriate to me. Whining about what MIGHT have been done IF circumstances had been different seems silly and small.
Stinky Pinky

United States

#99115 Jun 4, 2014
RACE wrote:
Thanks for your opinion, but like you, I am also allowed mine. So please grant me the same courtesy I do you.
Just because you do not like when I point out hypocracy does not mean I am not allowed to do so.
The news is all aglow with the statements of Sterling, and I am sorry if you dont agree, but the words of this woman are at least as galling, if not more so, because of the threat of violence. If it think that if the colors were reversed that person would be charged with a hate crime and the fact that this person was not, and cite it as a further example of hypocracy, am I not entitled?
You want to call me small and whiny because I point out "Inconvenient truths" that upset you. How about pointing out how I am wrong in my hypothetical instead of slandering me? You don't because you cant.
And pray tell...
Since when is it small and whiny to point out an injustice....
Oh,Right! when you support the people causing it.
As is so often cited here, if you dont like the post, quit reading, I wont be offended.
<quoted text>
Wow, someone is on his period. I never said you were not "allowed" to do anything. You also should work on your reading comprehension. I never said your hypothetical was wrong, I just said it was worthless. Read my post again. I acknowledged there are inconsistencies in life. That's the way it is. If you're going to get butthurt every time you perceive two somewhat similar situations were treated differently by society, you'd better stock up on Preparation H. Debating a hypothetical like this is worthless because no one can be proven right. There is no correct answer. If you want to debate Sterling versus the lady in question, go ahead, At least you're dealing with two situations that actually happened, and opinions are based on real scenarios instead of one person's paranoid, supposition of what might could have potentially maybe happened if things were different than they were. Sterling was a rich white guy in a position of power who abused that power and made statements that compromised the value of his product and created a hostile environment for his employees and others. The lady on the plane was a nutjob who made a heated comment upon which she did not act. She was arrested, we do not know what for. People can argue about which is worse all day long, but at least they'll be arguing about two things that actually happened.

Oh, and check the definition of slander. I didn't even come close. Slander is spoken, libel is written. And the subtance of my comments was nowhere near libelous. Feel picked on much?
Stinky Pinky

United States

#99116 Jun 4, 2014
Anyone see John Oliver's net neutrality rant? Pretty entertaining no matter which side you're on.

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#99117 Jun 4, 2014
I stopped believing for a while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pzzed when they find out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques Ottawa 239,521
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,509,503
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 3 hr Mel 199
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Well Well 8,075
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Mothra 63,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr SweLL GirL 10,501
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 13 hr They cannot kill ... 3,631

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages