Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98957 May 21, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
PEllen stole Dog's log-in!:-)
(Ahem, throat clear)

Did you know that atheists can't solve exponential equations because they don't believe in higher powers?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98958 May 21, 2014
Did you read about the raid on the sex shop which catered to lawyers?

There were a bunch of them in the back room getting off on technicalities.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98959 May 21, 2014
When the Duke of Cambridge joined the Army, the first thing he did was abolish the order "Fire at Will".

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98960 May 21, 2014
If I have given awy the opportunity to post jokes like this here, does that make me a punter?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98962 May 21, 2014
A guy walked into a hipster bar , looked at the menu and ordered an Absolut Zero.

After a couple of those he was OK.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98963 May 21, 2014
A man brought his French Poodle to The Great Chicago Rib Cook-Off.

As they approached the gate, the man turned to his dog and said, C'est si bon."

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98964 May 21, 2014
An Indian mom was trying to get her child to eat vegetables. "But I don't like green peas," he mutter-ed.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98965 May 21, 2014
When Santa was in training, he was a subordinate clause.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98966 May 21, 2014
Sign seen at O'Hare Airport International terminal.

Men crossing through turnstile sideways are going to Bangkok.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Detroit, MI

#98967 May 21, 2014
Alrighty already!

I didn't get the french poodle one. Or the absolute zero

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98968 May 21, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Alrighty already!
I didn't get the french poodle one. Or the absolute zero
The French phrase is pronounced ( in only a marginally mangled Midwestern French accent) Say see bone.

A kelvin is a unit of temperature measurement in science . It is labeled K, like Celsius is labeled C and Fahrenheit is labeled F 0 K is zero on the Kelvin scale or absolute zero.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#98969 May 21, 2014
Then you should have written 0k not OK. Totally changes the meaning.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The French phrase is pronounced ( in only a marginally mangled Midwestern French accent) Say see bone.
A kelvin is a unit of temperature measurement in science . It is labeled K, like Celsius is labeled C and Fahrenheit is labeled F 0 K is zero on the Kelvin scale or absolute zero.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98971 May 21, 2014
Aw, Pellen!!!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98972 May 21, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
Aw, Pellen!!!
You started it. It's all your fault. ;)~

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98973 May 21, 2014

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98974 May 21, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You started it. It's all your fault. ;)~
Aw, Stina!!!:-)

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98975 May 21, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
An old friend of mine passed away abuot 2 weeks ago. He was the KING of puns, and his name was Bill, so this gave me a smile.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#98976 May 21, 2014
Techie question:

I'm going on a cruise next week (yay!). What settings should I change on my phone to prevent accidental ginormous charges while still being able to have it powered on and use the shipboard app (free) and the camera? Voice, text, email, and other data (I have some apps that like to give me random updates) need to be prevented from spontaneously happening. I have AT&T and an iPhone 5 - the older version - if that matters.

TIA!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98977 May 21, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Techie question:
I'm going on a cruise next week (yay!). What settings should I change on my phone to prevent accidental ginormous charges while still being able to have it powered on and use the shipboard app (free) and the camera? Voice, text, email, and other data (I have some apps that like to give me random updates) need to be prevented from spontaneously happening. I have AT&T and an iPhone 5 - the older version - if that matters.
TIA!
I don't know Apple. But if you turn it on airplane mode that will do what you need....except it will disable wifi.

So you need to see if iphone has a way to shut off your mobile data connection(the one you pay the phone company for, not the wifi). I'm pretty sure as long as you don't answer any calls, you won't be charged for it ringing. I don't think it matters for texting.

What ship are you going on with free wifi? Its always been pretty expensive on the ships that i've been on

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#98978 May 21, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know Apple. But if you turn it on airplane mode that will do what you need....except it will disable wifi.
So you need to see if iphone has a way to shut off your mobile data connection(the one you pay the phone company for, not the wifi). I'm pretty sure as long as you don't answer any calls, you won't be charged for it ringing. I don't think it matters for texting.
What ship are you going on with free wifi? Its always been pretty expensive on the ships that i've been on
What do you mean it doesn't matter for texting?

NCL Getaway. The wifi in general isn't free, but their app is free. You can get the day's activities and stuff on it, and "text" with other app users on the ship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min russianrepukes 1,641,361
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 21 min OwnerScrewingPOSTERS 4
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 25 min HMmmmmmmmm 1
What Happpened to the Wall? 1 hr Waldo 1
Trump is A 1 hr WarmFuzzyGUY 71
Mulvaney is an A HO 2 hr Bill Q 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Fugooo 64,113

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages