Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#98919 May 19, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost me at bigots.
The Supreme court has ruled that gay marriage is a state issue. Let the legislature pass gay marriage then if that's what the people want. My point is, is not up to the judge. If a judge rules it unconstitutional, let the legislature vote on it. To rule it unconstitutional and therefore it's legal, effective immediately, is what I take issue with
Tough. That's the way it works. Your feelings on Oregon law are irrelevant.
Amusing, but irrelevant,
8^J

Location hidden

#98920 May 19, 2014
Oh, and the legislature had nothing to do with the initiative, so why should they have anything to do with it now?
Really, you shoud STFU about things you are so ignorant about.
But go on with your silly tantrums, it makes me laugh,
8^J

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#98921 May 19, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
50% of the Oregon population? This is just untrue (but I know you, and your ilk, aren't ones to let facts get in the way of you opinion.) The ban on gay marriage was passed by the elective representatives of the majority of the population. Calling the rule unconstitutional, fine, send it back to the legislature. Call it unconstitutional so now it's legal and gay marriage licenses can now be issued is a direct violation of the 10th amendment.
A federal judge ruled that Illinois's ban on conceal carry was unconstitutional. The state legislature had six months to amend that law. By your logic, as soon as the judge ruled it unconstitutional, I could then conceal carry immediately.
And the right to bear arms is explicitly mentioned in amendment number 2. The "right" to marry is not mentioned anywhere. Gay marriage is not a constitutional issue, any judge who rules otherwise should be immediately disbarred. It is purely a social issue
First of all, I never said Oregon, it eas US opinion.

Now make up your feeble mind. One minute you want only judges to make and then rule on laws but then you say a judge should be disbarred if he rules other then what you believe. Can't have it both ways, mope.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#98922 May 19, 2014
Smack!
You go with that. Your right but nobody will listen .
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
God help this country against the day that judges make decisions based on popular opinion. Seriously. That is not their job.
Popular opinion gets voiced through the legislature when they pass laws and the judges are tasked with interpreting the law, or, sometimes saying whether a law runs afoul with the state or US constitution.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98923 May 19, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>It is worse than a fallopian tube being ripped apart and WAY worse than labour pains.
Tonka has my deepest and most sincere sympathy,.
Thanks, but I'm gonna guess it varies greatly. I was non functional most of the day in that I really could not find a comfortable position and there was no way I could focus on anything(glad I left work before it really started). Tossed and turned all day. But to me, it was discomfort and pain rolled together, but I'd say more discomfort than pain. My wife has had 2 kids and passed a stone. She laughed when my dad(who has passed a stone) suggested it was as painful as labor.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98924 May 19, 2014
RACE wrote:
And all those peeps who would not have broken their vows are now encouraged to do so. It's legal after all.
<quoted text>
Its legal to go pick someone up at a bar, get on a dating site, go pick someone up off craigslist, or at the gym, or pottery class. People already have the ability to break their vows. If legal prostitution is the only thing stopping someone from breaking their vows, those vows really don't mean that much.

Location hidden

#98925 May 19, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I'm gonna guess it varies greatly. I was non functional most of the day in that I really could not find a comfortable position and there was no way I could focus on anything(glad I left work before it really started). Tossed and turned all day. But to me, it was discomfort and pain rolled together, but I'd say more discomfort than pain. My wife has had 2 kids and passed a stone. She laughed when my dad(who has passed a stone) suggested it was as painful as labor.
It DOES vary greatly. The ones I had would not have passed, I had surgery to fix it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#98926 May 19, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Just how does people you don't know and will never meet marrying same sex partners affect you?
And how does a ban on gay marriage affect YOU?
NWmoon wrote:
What damages have you suffered?
What damages from banning gay marriage do you suffer?
NWmoon wrote:
When your rights are actually being infringed upon, let us know, but your sensibilities and feelings do not count.
Violation of the constitution infringes upon us all
NWmoon wrote:
Move to Iran, It's illegal to even be gay there,
Are you speaking ill of Islam?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98927 May 19, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
Tough. That's the way it works.
No, that is NOT the way it works. Pick up a book about the constitution, maybe you'll learn something

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98928 May 19, 2014
greenwichvillage wrote:
Now make up your feeble mind. One minute you want only judges to make and then rule on laws but then you say a judge should be disbarred if he rules other then what you believe. Can't have it both ways, mope.
I don't believe I ever made such a claim. Mope

Location hidden

#98929 May 19, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is NOT the way it works. Pick up a book about the constitution, maybe you'll learn something
Actually, in this state, in this case, that is exactly how it works.
Licenses were being issued shortly after the ruling was filed, a ballroom was ready with clergy and others who could legally wed couples, and there are many MANY newly wed couples celebrating tonight.
Just galls you, don't it?
As always, you're TSTI

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98930 May 19, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
, and there are many MANY newly wed couples celebrating tonight.
All six of them? And cheer the destruction of the constitution all you like. Can't have that pesky thing getting in the way of our agenda

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98931 May 20, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98932 May 20, 2014

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#98933 May 20, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I ever made such a claim. Mope
Here you go, dudette.

"It's heartwarming to see activist judges overturning the will of the people! The separation of powers has no place in America! Judges should have the right to make, enforce, AND interpret the law!(this, by the way, is one of the most idiotic statements you have ever made)

Gay marriage is not a constitutional issue, any judge who rules otherwise should be immediately disbarred. It is purely a social issue "

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#98934 May 20, 2014
True, but all the ways you mentioned are not with the express purpose of ejaculation. Prostitution is. That is its only promise.

If you meet a woman in a bar and buy her a few drinks, you are still not guaranteed to get laid. Entitled to it maybe, but not promised.

If you legalize it, then its like grabbing a brew after work. So of course I fully support it.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Its legal to go pick someone up at a bar, get on a dating site, go pick someone up off craigslist, or at the gym, or pottery class. People already have the ability to break their vows. If legal prostitution is the only thing stopping someone from breaking their vows, those vows really don't mean that much.

Location hidden

#98935 May 20, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
All six of them? And cheer the destruction of the constitution all you like. Can't have that pesky thing getting in the way of our agenda
Destruction? No, this ruling was to UPHOLD the US constitution by nullifying an amendment that was added a decade ago to the OR state constitution.
There were many more than six couples marrying yesterday, and for every couple there are entire families celebrating with them.
Nobody will ever celebrate you.
So sad and alone he is, because he is just TSTI.
Really, your insistence on making your silly comments about things you are completely ignorant of is just hilarious sometimes!!
I'm still dancing for them, and laughing at you.
8^J

Location hidden

#98936 May 20, 2014
Oh, just got this from the news. Over a hundred couples got licensed and wed yesterday just in two counties of the Portland area.
That's just those who didn't want to wait until the weekend or plan a larger wedding.
It's just such a HAPPY thing!!
8^J

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#98937 May 20, 2014
greenwichvillage wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, dudette.
"It's heartwarming to see activist judges overturning the will of the people! The separation of powers has no place in America! Judges should have the right to make, enforce, AND interpret the law!(this, by the way, is one of the most idiotic statements you have ever made)
It's called sarcasm, you idiot. Are you really this stupid? No wonder you're a liberal

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#98938 May 20, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Destruction? No, this ruling was to UPHOLD the US constitution by nullifying an amendment that was added a decade ago to the OR state constitution.
There were many more than six couples marrying yesterday, and for every couple there are entire families celebrating with them.
Nobody will ever celebrate you.
So sad and alone he is, because he is just TSTI.
Really, your insistence on making your silly comments about things you are completely ignorant of is just hilarious sometimes!!
I'm still dancing for them, and laughing at you.
8^J
At least you're not resorting to petty insults and name-calling. How mature and tolerant you are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,404,967
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Hill4me 219,571
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
Chicago has the Worst Women 25 min Spoiled Brats 37
last post wins! (Apr '13) 32 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,258
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 1,804
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 6,562

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages