Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 4,833)

Showing posts 96,641 - 96,660 of97,514
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98759
May 14, 2014
 
RACE wrote:
And you guys wonder why I don't do FB....
That wasn't FB, it was just shared on there after the fact.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98761
May 14, 2014
 
Its all the same, the internet is just one big cesspool of smut, and psycho's.
(some of present company excepted of course)
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't FB, it was just shared on there after the fact.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98764
May 14, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

S&O, this really is funny.

https://shine.yahoo.com/photos/town-puts-pesk...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98766
May 14, 2014
 
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>I've always been an avid reader but I love video games too. In fact, last year I bought a Nintendo 3DS XL. Of the older games I loved Sonic the best.
I like to play my son's 3DS after he goes to sleep.

My favorite NES games were Contra and Castlevania. My brothers and I spent hours playing them.

My first computer game was the 7th Guest. Do you remember that one?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98767
May 14, 2014
 
squishymama wrote:
OMG, those are awesome!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98770
May 14, 2014
 
I would vote for the toilet
squishymama wrote:

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98771
May 14, 2014
 
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't know that one. The first one I played was Myst and I loved it! It's probably why I loved the TV show Lost so much, now that I think about it.
They were very similar. There was a sequel to 7th Guest called 11th Hour.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98773
May 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Does she read the American Girl books?
SHe has the dolls, but I don't think she's read the books.

THanks everyone for the book suggestions! I've written them all down!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98774
May 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I saw this news article. It's Fox News so I'm not sure if it's true.:) BUT, if so, Russia has it's panties in a bunch and lashed out on something they probably shouldn't have. I seem to remember they need the U.S. to bring supplies to the station. This will get more dicey, I imagine, before it gets resolved.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/13/russi...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98775
May 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

In Tonka speak you mean
You copied/pasted all the books and put them in your phone for later retrival. Oh, and of course you mean DOWNLOAD the books right? Not to actually buy the physical book.
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
SHe has the dolls, but I don't think she's read the books.
THanks everyone for the book suggestions! I've written them all down!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98776
May 14, 2014
 
RACE wrote:
In Tonka speak you mean
You copied/pasted all the books and put them in your phone for later retrival. Oh, and of course you mean DOWNLOAD the books right? Not to actually buy the physical book.
<quoted text>
nice.

By the way, here is a major benefit TO ME in using a tablet instead of a paper book or newspaper. Lighting. If I am trying to sit in a comfortable lounging position, like the lazy boy recliner or laying back on the couch, there is no direct light hitting the pages i am trying to read. My gaze is angled up at the page that is angled down. Before I got a tablet, I had considered getting some sort of clip on light that would attach to the bill of my hat and therefore aim right at whatever i ws reading. No need for that now.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98777
May 14, 2014
 
squishymama wrote:
Love the potty hole, too. I'm a bit partial to the Barbie pool, though. I think that took more imagination to think it up.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98778
May 14, 2014
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>nice.
By the way, here is a major benefit TO ME in using a tablet instead of a paper book or newspaper. Lighting. If I am trying to sit in a comfortable lounging position, like the lazy boy recliner or laying back on the couch, there is no direct light hitting the pages i am trying to read. My gaze is angled up at the page that is angled down. Before I got a tablet, I had considered getting some sort of clip on light that would attach to the bill of my hat and therefore aim right at whatever i ws reading. No need for that now.
Should we tell tonka about that newest invention called a lamp?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98779
May 14, 2014
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>nice.
By the way, here is a major benefit TO ME in using a tablet instead of a paper book or newspaper. Lighting. If I am trying to sit in a comfortable lounging position, like the lazy boy recliner or laying back on the couch, there is no direct light hitting the pages i am trying to read. My gaze is angled up at the page that is angled down. Before I got a tablet, I had considered getting some sort of clip on light that would attach to the bill of my hat and therefore aim right at whatever i ws reading. No need for that now.
I have a tiny little reading light that when clipped onto the top of a book does not really light up all of the page properly and I have been known to clip the thing to my hair, over my right ear. Works perfectly then!

And I can hear you thinking "Why doesn't she just get a tablet?" Well, I have a Kindle, but it crapped out on me after 6 months and it wasn't backlit anyway, so I just kinda gave up on it. All the stuff I've been reading lately has been stuff I already own, so even if the thing worked I wouldn't buy the book again.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98780
May 14, 2014
 
Toj wrote:
I saw this news article. It's Fox News so I'm not sure if it's true.:) BUT, if so, Russia has it's panties in a bunch and lashed out on something they probably shouldn't have. I seem to remember they need the U.S. to bring supplies to the station. This will get more dicey, I imagine, before it gets resolved.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/13/russi...
This is just gonna lead to another cold war a Republican will have to bail us out of again. Or it could just go nuclear, and there's a part of me that thinks that might be a better option....

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98781
May 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

RACE wrote:
In Tonka speak you mean
You copied/pasted all the books and put them in your phone for later retrival. Oh, and of course you mean DOWNLOAD the books right? Not to actually buy the physical book.
<quoted text>
LOL - Like I said earlier, my kid prefers a real book to her Kindle. I have a Nook, which is fine in certain conditions, but does NOT work too well for outdoor reading, so that kinda stinks.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98783
May 14, 2014
 
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the potty hole, too. I'm a bit partial to the Barbie pool, though. I think that took more imagination to think it up.
I also like the Barbie pool.

But toilets are heavy, so the set-up for that one really took some effort; not so much with the Barbie's.
:D

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98784
May 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>nice.
By the way, here is a major benefit TO ME in using a tablet instead of a paper book or newspaper. Lighting. If I am trying to sit in a comfortable lounging position, like the lazy boy recliner or laying back on the couch, there is no direct light hitting the pages i am trying to read. My gaze is angled up at the page that is angled down. Before I got a tablet, I had considered getting some sort of clip on light that would attach to the bill of my hat and therefore aim right at whatever i ws reading. No need for that now.
First world problem.

OTOH my book never needs to be recharged and if it is hurled across the room for some reason, needs only to have its pages smoothed, not repaired or replaced.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98785
May 14, 2014
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we tell tonka about that newest invention called a lamp?
Nope. Don't spoil it for him.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98786
May 14, 2014
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just gonna lead to another cold war a Republican will have to bail us out of again. Or it could just go nuclear, and there's a part of me that thinks that might be a better option....
No but it could turn into a Cuba style situation where there are vocal opponents, government sanctions and quiet erosion of the sanctions

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,641 - 96,660 of97,514
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,078,524
No, Global Warming Did Not Create Chicago's Agi... 8 min Guest 1
Abby 7-23 9 min Community Disorganizer 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Beavis 174,477
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Chicago, IL (Dec '11) 46 min Brian Shepard 116
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 58 min Brian Shepard 297
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 67,877
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••