Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98880 May 17, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I got an iv with morphine and "fluids". While sitting up in bed, the brought in a mobile x-ray unit and took an x-ray. Then a few minutes later, wheeled me down for a cat scan.
Unless that "contrast material" could have been the "fluids" going into my arm, They did not do an ivp.
Could be. I will guess that the CT Scan showed much the same thing an IVP would show- it looks for blockages anywhere along the system

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#98882 May 17, 2014
whatever dude, just get healthy. Its no fun to pick on someone when they are down unless their name starts with edog....
Anaway, pass the rock, scream into a pillow and be glad it aint something serious.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98884 May 18, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98885 May 18, 2014
Amy wrote:
Here's Amy. Looks like a rerun.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TB0HK52HQJ ...
This did not make the list.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98886 May 18, 2014

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#98887 May 19, 2014

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98888 May 19, 2014
Just heard on the radio:

What if, when we die, the light at the end of the tunnel is just is getting pushed out of another va-jay-jay?
this too shall pass

La Grange, IL

#98890 May 19, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Just heard on the radio:
What if, when we die, the light at the end of the tunnel is just is getting pushed out of another va-jay-jay?
That's very heavy! And preferable to Tonka's pee-gravel story.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98891 May 19, 2014
Tonka, hope you're feeling better! This too shall pass...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#98892 May 19, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't passed the stone yet. Sent me home w percocetfor the kidney pain. Expect it to pass in next day or so. Friend had one. Said the peeing it ot part does not hurt.
Get better soon! Maybe they gave you some stuff to make the stone smaller. I've heard that pain is the absolute worse.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#98893 May 19, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Get better soon! Maybe they gave you some stuff to make the stone smaller. I've heard that pain is the absolute worse.
It is worse than a fallopian tube being ripped apart and WAY worse than labour pains.
Tonka has my deepest and most sincere sympathy,.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98894 May 19, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>It is worse than a fallopian tube being ripped apart and WAY worse than labour pains.
Tonka has my deepest and most sincere sympathy,.
I have been told by a friend who had one of similar size, the pain is when it goes from the kidney to the bladder, but from the bladder to the exit was not painful at all.

According to ER doc last Friday, it had almost reached the bladder. I have had no pain since Friday. Have not taken any of the pain meds they prescribed. I feel great.

Location hidden

#98895 May 19, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been told by a friend who had one of similar size, the pain is when it goes from the kidney to the bladder, but from the bladder to the exit was not painful at all.
According to ER doc last Friday, it had almost reached the bladder. I have had no pain since Friday. Have not taken any of the pain meds they prescribed. I feel great.
That is absolutely correct. It's the trip to the bladder that is painful.
PM me if you want any tips on dealing with reoccurence.

Location hidden

#98896 May 19, 2014
I DANCE THE DANCE OF JOY!!!
Marriage equality is here in Oregon!!!
One more down, the dominoes are tumbling! 8^J

“Where is Tonka?”

#98897 May 19, 2014
And NY is opening up to poly's
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/...
NWmoon wrote:
I DANCE THE DANCE OF JOY!!!
Marriage equality is here in Oregon!!!
One more down, the dominoes are tumbling! 8^J

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#98898 May 19, 2014
Tonka,
They get a lot of structural information with CT scans, but the radiation dose is very high.
Did they bother to take the time to mention that to you?
They are supposed to. It is part of their job to educate the public about radiation exposure.
Glad to hear you're feeling good.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98899 May 19, 2014
Gambling, gay marriage, weed. The barriers are falling.

I would like to see NV style sex worker legalization. Like weed usage, it would regulate rather than criminalize. It would cut out court, cop and jail expense. It would allow health and wage and benefit packages. It would get johns who patronize consenting adult sex workers off the sex offender lists. It would generate revenue through license and taxation

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#98900 May 19, 2014
I don't know. The IVP is species specific.
If it's not a urinary stone, the CT scan covers the whole abdomen in great detail, depending on how many slices they do and how far apart they are. The CT scan is a catch-all far the ER doc who is constrain by time factors and other unknown variables.
CYA

“Where is Tonka?”

#98901 May 19, 2014
And all those peeps who would not have broken their vows are now encouraged to do so. It's legal after all.
PEllen wrote:
Gambling, gay marriage, weed. The barriers are falling.
I would like to see NV style sex worker legalization. Like weed usage, it would regulate rather than criminalize. It would cut out court, cop and jail expense. It would allow health and wage and benefit packages. It would get johns who patronize consenting adult sex workers off the sex offender lists. It would generate revenue through license and taxation
cause and effect

La Grange, IL

#98902 May 19, 2014
RACE wrote:
And all those peeps who would not have broken their vows are now encouraged to do so. It's legal after all.
<quoted text>
Right. I noticed that since they legalized crime and murder, everybody's doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,497,244
News Pregnant woman reportedly among victims of Chic... 9 min lol 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 13 min honeymylove 2,302
last post wins! (Dec '10) 15 min honeymylove 2,989
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 23 min honeymylove 2,470
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 42 min Totally Nuts 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min District 1 237,643

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages