#98648 May 9, 2014
Advicer wrote:
<quoted text>DON'T USE JULIE!!!!
Why not? She agreed with me yesterday.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98650 May 9, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>We're pretty much the same in that we do our best with it but we still eat out, etc. I buy organic meat, dairy, eggs and as much I can with fruits and vegetables. I try to remember Environmental Working Group's guidelines for which of those have the highest pesticide load and go from there.
After I watched that documentary I spoke to someone I know in another state who has experience with farming. Specifically I asked why anyone would want to put Roundup into our food system via these Monsanto seeds. He got very defensive and said they were perfectly safe and I should stop worrying about it. That's the last time I talked to him about anything of substance.
http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/list.php
The defensiveness tells you all you need to know.
It's frightening how people want to remain in the dark. We know anything our gov't touches is evil...why do they insist on messing with products that have been working fine for centuries?? It's infuriating!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#98651 May 9, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? She agreed with me yesterday.
HA!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98653 May 9, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
. We know anything our gov't touches is evil...!
That is a very broad statement.

Is it hyperbole or do you truly believe that, even limited to the agribusiness/ food safety context?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98656 May 9, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking for myself I'll say that I wouldn't generalize to that degree, but I did get very upset at the protections put in place for Monsanto as well as it's close ties to the federal government. If I've read correctly, some of that has been undone so there's hope, but their hold on agribusiness is already well established. Some things have gotten better but a lot still needs to change.
I appreciate your response but Cheluzal was the one who wrote that and it is her response I am seeking

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#98660 May 10, 2014
PEllen wrote:
And stated by a broad!

Anyway, she's right. Name one government program that works

Medicare/medicaid: wrought with fraud and waste

Which leads to Bammycare, meant to insure 50 million people. Well... another 47 million and they'll be close!

EPA? Most inefficient agency ever

FDA? High fructose corn syrup, high sodium, and yellow #5 are in EVERYTHING we buy at the supermarket. Meanwhile, ADD, ADHD, autism, and obesity are at an all time high. Coincidence?

Now we put our full trust in the government to feed our children in school... and teach them

Does the government work for us or do we work for them?

Sometimes, I think too many people forget why America was founded in the first place

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98661 May 10, 2014
Good morning All! Weekend plans?

Ry makes his First Communion this morning. I'm praying that the rain stays away. So far, so good.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98662 May 10, 2014
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98664 May 10, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text> It gets pretty overwhelming but there's no un-ringing the bell once you go down that rabbit hole.
Ha, that is true.
One thing will get you going, then you can't stop.
For me it was Sandy Hook.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98665 May 10, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it hyperbole or do you truly believe that, even limited to the agribusiness/ food safety context?
Let's just say I believe big fashions of gov't have their own agenda, and doing right by little ole' me isn't a factor.
If you were to prove to me they had a cure for cancer bbut sat on it because treating it was more profitable than curing it, I would not be shocked or bat an eyelid.
It's all about money and greed and you don't make it high up in gov't without caring about money.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98666 May 10, 2014
food for thought wrote:
<quoted text>The government,..., actually fights pretty hard to protect us.
I do not agree with this statement at all.
The gov't is into making money. Every choice is about lining someone's pockets, not what little cheluzal down in Florida is doing.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98667 May 10, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say I believe big fashions of gov't have their own agenda, and doing right by little ole' me isn't a factor.
If you were to prove to me they had a cure for cancer bbut sat on it because treating it was more profitable than curing it, I would not be shocked or bat an eyelid.
It's all about money and greed and you don't make it high up in gov't without caring about money.
I agree that the various factions have their own agendas. I think t is more the attraction of power than money per se.

I very much do not agree that anything the government touches is evil nor do I think that there is a instituter conspiracy pressuring a cure for cancer for profit or any other motives.

Exaggeration to emphasize a point is one thing, but you are usually precise in your statements.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98668 May 10, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
They protect us from ourselves because they know what's best for us. I'm glad the government makes all my decisions for me

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98669 May 10, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
The gov't is into making money. Every choice is about lining someone's pockets, not what little cheluzal down in Florida is doing.
Wonder how you might feel, when more human and pet food products start arriving on our grocery shelves, from China, Vietnam, India, etc......with no governmental inspection at all?.....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98670 May 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Wonder how you might feel, when more human and pet food products start arriving on our grocery shelves, from China, Vietnam, India, etc......with no governmental inspection at all?.....
It's a great thing potentially dangerous products never reach our shelves!

http://www.foodsafety.gov/recalls/recent/

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#98674 May 10, 2014
The primary function of any government is to keep and stay in power. They will do whatever is necessary to accomplish that. So if it means pandering to townfolk, it will, and if it means pandering to corporations, it will.
The govt listens to corporations because the public does not demand that it listen to them. The govt is not trying to protect you, and if you believe it is you are a fool. It is trying to control you.

The govt has failed you because you have failed to protect your rights as citizens... So blame yourselves you got the govt you deserve.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#98677 May 10, 2014
Yes there was another landslide here today. This one MUCH closer to home, but for anyone who's interested, Mimi is fine. I live right by the water and not near anything that can crash down on top of me, so I'm good. ;)

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98678 May 10, 2014
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Yes there was another landslide here today. This one MUCH closer to home, but for anyone who's interested, Mimi is fine. I live right by the water and not near anything that can crash down on top of me, so I'm good. ;)
Congrats on your landslide victory!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98680 May 10, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a great thing potentially dangerous products never reach our shelves!
http://www.foodsafety.gov/recalls/recent/
Hundreds of U.S. dogs were killed by both tainted dog food and a duck jerky treat, imported from China.....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98685 May 11, 2014
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>In the brave new world of the (future) Conservative States of America (CSA) if you don't like poison food, you don't have to buy it! That's what libs don't get- it's free choice! If you, for example, don't want to be persecuted for being a Muslim- don't be a Muslim! DUH! I'll never understand libs. They just don't get freedom.
Let's just ban anything we don't approve of. And what we DO approve of, let's force that onto everyone else, whether they like it or not, because we know what's best. I love being a liberal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
durban women lets explore your fantasies bbm pins 5 min slum ou 1
'We Charge Genocide' Presents Report on Chicago... 9 min hands on AR 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min Frijoles 70,072
GOP Votes go 2 dem. votes. 22 min hands on AR 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min flack 1,126,132
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr wojar 179,332
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 5 hr Funny But True 10
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance