“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98662 May 10, 2014
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98664 May 10, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text> It gets pretty overwhelming but there's no un-ringing the bell once you go down that rabbit hole.
Ha, that is true.
One thing will get you going, then you can't stop.
For me it was Sandy Hook.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98665 May 10, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very broad statement.
Is it hyperbole or do you truly believe that, even limited to the agribusiness/ food safety context?
Let's just say I believe big fashions of gov't have their own agenda, and doing right by little ole' me isn't a factor.
If you were to prove to me they had a cure for cancer bbut sat on it because treating it was more profitable than curing it, I would not be shocked or bat an eyelid.
It's all about money and greed and you don't make it high up in gov't without caring about money.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98666 May 10, 2014
food for thought wrote:
<quoted text>The government,..., actually fights pretty hard to protect us.
I do not agree with this statement at all.
The gov't is into making money. Every choice is about lining someone's pockets, not what little cheluzal down in Florida is doing.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98667 May 10, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say I believe big fashions of gov't have their own agenda, and doing right by little ole' me isn't a factor.
If you were to prove to me they had a cure for cancer bbut sat on it because treating it was more profitable than curing it, I would not be shocked or bat an eyelid.
It's all about money and greed and you don't make it high up in gov't without caring about money.
I agree that the various factions have their own agendas. I think t is more the attraction of power than money per se.

I very much do not agree that anything the government touches is evil nor do I think that there is a instituter conspiracy pressuring a cure for cancer for profit or any other motives.

Exaggeration to emphasize a point is one thing, but you are usually precise in your statements.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#98668 May 10, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
They protect us from ourselves because they know what's best for us. I'm glad the government makes all my decisions for me

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98669 May 10, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
The gov't is into making money. Every choice is about lining someone's pockets, not what little cheluzal down in Florida is doing.
Wonder how you might feel, when more human and pet food products start arriving on our grocery shelves, from China, Vietnam, India, etc......with no governmental inspection at all?.....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98670 May 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Wonder how you might feel, when more human and pet food products start arriving on our grocery shelves, from China, Vietnam, India, etc......with no governmental inspection at all?.....
It's a great thing potentially dangerous products never reach our shelves!

http://www.foodsafety.gov/recalls/recent/

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#98674 May 10, 2014
The primary function of any government is to keep and stay in power. They will do whatever is necessary to accomplish that. So if it means pandering to townfolk, it will, and if it means pandering to corporations, it will.
The govt listens to corporations because the public does not demand that it listen to them. The govt is not trying to protect you, and if you believe it is you are a fool. It is trying to control you.

The govt has failed you because you have failed to protect your rights as citizens... So blame yourselves you got the govt you deserve.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#98677 May 10, 2014
Yes there was another landslide here today. This one MUCH closer to home, but for anyone who's interested, Mimi is fine. I live right by the water and not near anything that can crash down on top of me, so I'm good. ;)

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98678 May 10, 2014
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Yes there was another landslide here today. This one MUCH closer to home, but for anyone who's interested, Mimi is fine. I live right by the water and not near anything that can crash down on top of me, so I'm good. ;)
Congrats on your landslide victory!

Location hidden

#98680 May 10, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a great thing potentially dangerous products never reach our shelves!
http://www.foodsafety.gov/recalls/recent/
Hundreds of U.S. dogs were killed by both tainted dog food and a duck jerky treat, imported from China.....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98685 May 11, 2014
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>In the brave new world of the (future) Conservative States of America (CSA) if you don't like poison food, you don't have to buy it! That's what libs don't get- it's free choice! If you, for example, don't want to be persecuted for being a Muslim- don't be a Muslim! DUH! I'll never understand libs. They just don't get freedom.
Let's just ban anything we don't approve of. And what we DO approve of, let's force that onto everyone else, whether they like it or not, because we know what's best. I love being a liberal!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98686 May 11, 2014
Meh, why not, I'm up. And happy friggen Mother's Day

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TEIO9K45KE...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUUGP4E6D6...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98688 May 11, 2014
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/s...

Bearded drag queen wins global music contest on Eurovision.

There is nothing I can say.

Neda, stay with me!

#98689 May 11, 2014
Well, this was rather harsh...
I apologize.
RACE wrote:
'your ar an asshole, but no surprise there. try to thnk have fun eating your crap breakfast and believing obamma actually cares about you... stool
<quoted text>

Neda, stay with me!

#98691 May 11, 2014
See! Thats one of the major differences between you and I...

I can admit and claim responsibility for those times when I am an ass, and I do it without hesitation.

You, troll, can do neither. You refuse to admit that you step out of bounds, and you cannot admit fault. so much the worse you are for that. Why is that? Do you think yourself so perfect that you cannot error? Are you so enlightened that you are infalliable? What is it that makes you so much better than me?

Where is your minion Helga? Does she stand by your condemation of me, or does she accept my apology? These answers speak volumes about both you and her.

Location hidden

#98693 May 12, 2014
Oops wrote:
This is a warning from the Topix moderators. Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.(click here to acknowledge this warning)
Enough with the posts referring race as a gayboy in bondage or any other insulting comments. admin@Topix
Are we being driven by government and media...into a society, without freedom of thought or nonconformity?....The Sterling/NBA situation and the Micheal Sam being the first outright gay player drafting....Has shown zero tolerance for anyone, with any opposing views.....those unwilling to conform, being spoken down, shunned...even punished....Does it signal an attack on independent thought?...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98695 May 12, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/u-children-read-not-wel...

" Although American children still spend part of their days reading, they are spending less time doing it for pleasure than decades ago, with significant gaps in proficiency, according to a report released on Monday...."

"The report found that the percentage of nine-year-old children reading for pleasure once or more per week had dropped from 81 percent in 1984 to 76 percent in 2013, based on government studies. There were even larger decreases among older children...."

Unless they include comic books in the 1984 statistic, I call BS. I don't for a second believe that 81 percent of 9 year old kids were reading that often for pleasure.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98696 May 12, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,156,214
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Learn to Read 182,191
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min KiMare 51,305
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr LessHypeMoreFact 49,366
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Mandela 68,913
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?