Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#98689 May 11, 2014
Well, this was rather harsh...
I apologize.
RACE wrote:
'your ar an asshole, but no surprise there. try to thnk have fun eating your crap breakfast and believing obamma actually cares about you... stool
<quoted text>

“Where is Tonka?”

#98691 May 11, 2014
See! Thats one of the major differences between you and I...

I can admit and claim responsibility for those times when I am an ass, and I do it without hesitation.

You, troll, can do neither. You refuse to admit that you step out of bounds, and you cannot admit fault. so much the worse you are for that. Why is that? Do you think yourself so perfect that you cannot error? Are you so enlightened that you are infalliable? What is it that makes you so much better than me?

Where is your minion Helga? Does she stand by your condemation of me, or does she accept my apology? These answers speak volumes about both you and her.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98693 May 12, 2014
Oops wrote:
This is a warning from the Topix moderators. Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.(click here to acknowledge this warning)
Enough with the posts referring race as a gayboy in bondage or any other insulting comments. [email protected]
Are we being driven by government and media...into a society, without freedom of thought or nonconformity?....The Sterling/NBA situation and the Micheal Sam being the first outright gay player drafting....Has shown zero tolerance for anyone, with any opposing views.....those unwilling to conform, being spoken down, shunned...even punished....Does it signal an attack on independent thought?...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98695 May 12, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/u-children-read-not-wel...

" Although American children still spend part of their days reading, they are spending less time doing it for pleasure than decades ago, with significant gaps in proficiency, according to a report released on Monday...."

"The report found that the percentage of nine-year-old children reading for pleasure once or more per week had dropped from 81 percent in 1984 to 76 percent in 2013, based on government studies. There were even larger decreases among older children...."

Unless they include comic books in the 1984 statistic, I call BS. I don't for a second believe that 81 percent of 9 year old kids were reading that often for pleasure.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98696 May 12, 2014

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98697 May 12, 2014
Hi, Scarlet! Hope the communion went well!!!

And, Mimi... I am so glad you're safe!!!

I promise to check FB soon!!!

“Where is Tonka?”

#98698 May 12, 2014
forget landslides. You're so smoking hot, you should worry about something erupting.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Yes there was another landslide here today. This one MUCH closer to home, but for anyone who's interested, Mimi is fine. I live right by the water and not near anything that can crash down on top of me, so I'm good. ;)
Tralee la la

United States

#98701 May 12, 2014
revisionist herstory wrote:
The words of Ferrerman are gone yet anti-Ferrerman sentiment remains.:(
It's Monday - Kevin is at work (double entendre)

I've been reading this article and followed it over to the Manhattan forum (6 viewers were on that forum)

http://www.siliconbeat.com/entries/2005/02/02...

Topix is kind of late to this but it reminds me of all these carpetbaggers who scour the web for interesting content via you tube and blogs - Face Book is littered with examples (Gawker for one). They then take money from the advertisers while putting a small link at the bottom of the page to the original content - which gets nothing

“Where is Tonka?”

#98702 May 12, 2014
Ha! It works!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98705 May 12, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/u-childr en-read-not-well-often-report- 041325597.html

" Although American children still spend part of their days reading, they are spending less time doing it for pleasure than decades ago, with significant gaps in proficiency, according to a report released on Monday...."

"The report found that the percentage of nine-year-old children reading for pleasure once or more per week had dropped from 81 percent in 1984 to 76 percent in 2013, based on government studies. There were even larger decreases among older children...."

Unless they include comic books in the 1984 statistic, I call BS. I don't for a second believe that 81 percent of 9 year old kids were reading that often for pleasure.
Does that include magazines? My kids love their magazines (Highlights, Ranger Rick Jr., Ask, Boys Life, etc.).

There are some awesome book series for 9 year olds out now. It is a shame that more parents don't take their kids to the library.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#98706 May 12, 2014
This is just an outrage. More proof that freedom of speech is gone. Now he's banned until he is reprogrammed to think the way we want him to. You can bet that if some conservative company banned someone for not thinking like them, the left would be screaming. But this is totally acceptable. If I were Jones, I would refuse to apologize, saying I'm entitled to my opinion, and I definitely wouldn't participate in their "sensitivity" training (as if they have a thing or two to learn about tolerance)... And would likely sue them for discrimination. People must start standing up for such persecution or it will only get worse

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98707 May 12, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
This is just an outrage. More proof that freedom of speech is gone. Now he's banned until he is reprogrammed to think the way we want him to. You can bet that if some conservative company banned someone for not thinking like them, the left would be screaming. But this is totally acceptable. If I were Jones, I would refuse to apologize, saying I'm entitled to my opinion, and I definitely wouldn't participate in their "sensitivity" training (as if they have a thing or two to learn about tolerance)... And would likely sue them for discrimination. People must start standing up for such persecution or it will only get worse

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking...
When a current NFL player is tweeting about football related stuff during the NFL draft, he is not a private citizen exercising his right to free speech but a representative of his employer. I'm sure that there are things you are not supposed to say publicly about either other employees in your company or your competitors.

The first amendment guarantees that you have the right to free speech (he is not being arrested for stating his opinions), not that you are protected from the consequences of those words in your private life.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98708 May 12, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
When a current NFL player is tweeting about football related stuff during the NFL draft, he is not a private citizen exercising his right to free speech but a representative of his employer. I'm sure that there are things you are not supposed to say publicly about either other employees in your company or your competitors.
The first amendment guarantees that you have the right to free speech (he is not being arrested for stating his opinions), not that you are protected from the consequences of those words in your private life.
Nicely put. Have an up vote.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98709 May 12, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean edog's employer would have a problem with him publicly voicing his displeasure with a new employee kissing his boyfriend.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98710 May 12, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
If a personal twitter comment on your own time earns you a ban for the company you work for, would you support the same action for a comment you DON'T agree with? If the owner of Chick-a-fil fired an employee for stating hizzer opinion supporting gay marriage, would you have the same opinion?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98711 May 12, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> Nicely put. Have an up vote.
I think it's horribly put and I'm giving her a down vote just to counter your up vote. And I love Scarlet. See, I can tolerate people who don't agree with me.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98712 May 12, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If a personal twitter comment on your own time earns you a ban for the company you work for, would you support the same action for a comment you DON'T agree with? If the owner of Chick-a-fil fired an employee for stating hizzer opinion supporting gay marriage, would you have the same opinion?
You mean like the liberal CFO Adam Smith who was fired from HIS company(Vante?) after he posted a video of himself berating a Chick-Fil-a employee for working for that company? I don't recall much outrage among liberals. More like, dude, you're a dumbass and this is what happens to dumbasses.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98713 May 12, 2014
Here's the video and story.

http://www.businessinsider.com/vante-cfo-bull...

Vante fired his ass. He was not filming that video on company time or representing himself as a Vante employee, but he is a public face of the company and he made this tirade public.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98714 May 13, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#98715 May 13, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like the liberal CFO Adam Smith who was fired from HIS company(Vante?) after he posted a video of himself berating a Chick-Fil-a employee for working for that company? I don't recall much outrage among liberals. More like, dude, you're a dumbass and this is what happens to dumbasses.
Didn't hear about that story. Wonder why. Surely it's not because it casts a liberal in a negative light. No wonder the state-run MSM was all over it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,481,831
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Dr Phil 234,258
Join brotherhood society in Ekiti to get rich &... 23 min MR uche to 1
Join brotherhood society in Roman to get rich &... 25 min MR uche to 1
Join brotherhood society in Chicago to get rich... 31 min MR uche to 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,904
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,170

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages