“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98561 May 6, 2014
RACE wrote:
So, in edog speak.... "In" the US, its illegal to send you kid to school with a sack lunch.
Stupid Americans....
<quoted text>
In North America even.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98562 May 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/articl e/schools-ban-home-packed-lunc hes
Hope you have some crow in your sacked lunch. And I didn't say "all across Illinois," you did. I said "in" Illinois
Is Little Village Academy one of the charter schools in Chicago or a private school?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#98563 May 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>In North America even.
Well, within the hemisphere. On the planet. Within the universe.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#98564 May 6, 2014
Ah, man. This is a very sad statement of a school. Look at the name on the FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Village...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#98565 May 6, 2014
This sounds like something squishy would do!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-c...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#98566 May 6, 2014
It's more than just one school, guys. I came across dozens of hits, I simply picked one.

I was right, I proved it, yet you people are still trying to prattle on about how wrong I am. It's a little unbecoming, and frankly, sad. Have a bit of dignity and admit you were wrong

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#98567 May 6, 2014
RACE wrote:
This sounds like something squishy would do!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-c...
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm not sure I'd start recording it tho...

But I will remember her line "Do I need to tell you not to fondle yourself on a public bus?" for the next time it happens to me.

And I'm depressingly confident there will be a next time.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#98568 May 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
It's more than just one school, guys. I came across dozens of hits, I simply picked one.
Then please post one of these hits that does not contain the school in Little Village. All the stories I saw were about that one school (or the other VA school district).
edogxxx wrote:
I was right, I proved it, yet you people are still trying to prattle on about how wrong I am. It's a little unbecoming, and frankly, sad. Have a bit of dignity and admit you were wrong
Do you ever look in the mirror when you say this stuff?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98570 May 6, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please post one of these hits that does not contain the school in Little Village. All the stories I saw were about that one school (or the other VA school district).
<quoted text>
Do you ever look in the mirror when you say this stuff?
And little village reversed course a week after the tribune story IN 2011. So he does not even have Illinois to stand on, making the entirety of his claim 100% false.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98571 May 6, 2014
Toj wrote:
Ah, man. This is a very sad statement of a school. Look at the name on the FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Village...
The school did not create the page. Click on more info and you will see it was autogenerated by users.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#98572 May 6, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I struggle with multiplying....I do have to stop and think since math is my worst, but it can be done. I could make change if need be; it might take a few more seconds than you, but it could be done.
And didn't you hear--they keep lowering the standards on the SAT! The essay is not voluntary and all the hard words have been eliminated.*sigh*
Math is by far my worst academic area. So far though I am holding my own with the third graders. It's only that I know without a doubt that the stuff they made us memorize back in the day have been absolutely priceless in helping me with math related things over the years. It's not like I don't have to stop and calculate stuff in my head...often, it's just the times tables stuff I never forgot.

Also the not reading/writing cursive I don't like. I am going to bribe them to learn it. Not sure what the "prize" for proving to me that they can do it will be yet, but the school year is rapidly ending so I'm on it.

The school I'm at is pretty good really. I just take serious issue with the math instruction. I find it to be needlessly cumbersome and time consuming when they could just teach them the "old fashioned" way to do things like simple multiplication in their heads instead of spending 10 minutes adding 8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8....etc. 8x8 is so much faster which again is the point of multiplication. But you know, I am only a para educator so I have only so much influence.

The teacher does talk to me and we do discuss stuff and he's pretty open to my ideas. Anything to help them learn as far as he's concerned, so yay!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#98573 May 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>The school did not create the page. Click on more info and you will see it was autogenerated by users.
Thank goodness! I saw that a right away posted without looking further. Should not have pulled an edog.:D

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#98574 May 6, 2014
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Math is by far my worst academic area. So far though I am holding my own with the third graders. It's only that I know without a doubt that the stuff they made us memorize back in the day have been absolutely priceless in helping me with math related things over the years. It's not like I don't have to stop and calculate stuff in my head...often, it's just the times tables stuff I never forgot.
Also the not reading/writing cursive I don't like. I am going to bribe them to learn it. Not sure what the "prize" for proving to me that they can do it will be yet, but the school year is rapidly ending so I'm on it.
The school I'm at is pretty good really. I just take serious issue with the math instruction. I find it to be needlessly cumbersome and time consuming when they could just teach them the "old fashioned" way to do things like simple multiplication in their heads instead of spending 10 minutes adding 8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8....etc. 8x8 is so much faster which again is the point of multiplication. But you know, I am only a para educator so I have only so much influence.
The teacher does talk to me and we do discuss stuff and he's pretty open to my ideas. Anything to help them learn as far as he's concerned, so yay!
The math teacher I always appreciate in grade school (as I got older) was the one that taught us certain tricks. Like splitting 11, adding the two digits of the number you are multiplying it but, put that number in the middle and you have your answer. 11 X 11:[1_1]; [1+1 = 2] Answer: 121. Stuff like that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#98575 May 6, 2014
Illinois to stand "in"
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>And little village reversed course a week after the tribune story IN 2011. So he does not even have Illinois to stand on, making the entirety of his claim 100% false.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#98577 May 6, 2014
double intender wrote:
I pulled my edog this morning.
And how did it feel?
Zap Brannigan

United States

#98579 May 6, 2014
The only thing you "proved" is that you are an ignorant, deluded fool. But we already knew that.
edogxxx wrote:

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98580 May 6, 2014
Let's see... So, we were proven wrong. After given one example, we asked for others... and had we gotten them, we would have asked for others yet. And others... until we were right. What was claimed was true and factual... but if we put words in his mouth, we can say he was wrong about something he never said... If we can manage to take the focus off our idiocy, transfer it on the person who made us look like idiots, make up a nonexistent reason to slam him, we might save face.If we deflect and find a scapegoat, people should be stupid enough to fall for it, and if they aren't, they're just stupid and don't matter.

You've learned well from you liberal leaders. Congrats

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98581 May 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Let's see... So, we were proven wrong. After given one example, we asked for others... and had we gotten them, we would have asked for others yet. And others... until we were right. What was claimed was true and factual... but if we put words in his mouth, we can say he was wrong about something he never said... If we can manage to take the focus off our idiocy, transfer it on the person who made us look like idiots, make up a nonexistent reason to slam him, we might save face.If we deflect and find a scapegoat, people should be stupid enough to fall for it, and if they aren't, they're just stupid and don't matter.
You've learned well from you liberal leaders. Congrats
Its most certainly you eho's learned wrll from your leaders. Create a lie, keep repeating it over and over in the face of evidence thst it is false. Keep hammering the lie.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98582 May 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Its most certainly you eho's learned wrll from your leaders. Create a lie, keep repeating it over and over in the face of evidence thst it is false. Keep hammering the lie.
Much like these?

Benghazi scandal

NSA scandal

IRS scandal

Fast and Furious scandal

Solyndra scandal

Cash for clunkers failure

Syria

Failed Jobs bill

Not to mention Ukraine

And what about that dude kidnapping 200 school girls? Who then kidnapped another 20?

Our chosen one is doing such a wonderful job... I'll follow him anywhere...

Dam that Bush! Those dam House Republicans! Fox News. Rush! Boehner. Koch brothers! Our climate wouldn't be changing if it wasn't for those dam Republicans!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98583 May 6, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like these?
Benghazi scandal
NSA scandal
IRS scandal
Fast and Furious scandal
Solyndra scandal
Cash for clunkers failure
Syria
Failed Jobs bill
Not to mention Ukraine
And what about that dude kidnapping 200 school girls? Who then kidnapped another 20?
Our chosen one is doing such a wonderful job... I'll follow him anywhere...
Dam that Bush! Those dam House Republicans! Fox News. Rush! Boehner. Koch brothers! Our climate wouldn't be changing if it wasn't for those dam Republicans!
Deflection. Misdirection. Now we're talking! I was wrong about THIS, so let's not address it or admit error, and instead, jump to THAT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memorial set for 5 slain kids; dad heads to court 5 min reality is a crutch 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min DBWriter 1,109,107
2 Chicago universities among Obama presidential... 11 min reality is a crutch 1
International Study Finds Chicago Public Transi... 17 min reality is a crutch 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min Frijoles 69,357
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min Barrack Ebola 49,789
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,969
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info