Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#98621 May 7, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Here's the map.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/04/cabl...
Map of what, this proves nothing. Are you aware of how many states there are in America?

A liberal showing ignorance. I tells ya, I'm... not at all surprised...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98625 May 7, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
So your claim is that large swaths of land are more important than major metropolitan populations when it comes to cable TV/Internet usage?.
Are you attempting to challenge me on something I never said?

Bwahahah!

Rookie!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#98627 May 8, 2014

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#98628 May 8, 2014
Now, This is a cool picture...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fire...

#98629 May 8, 2014
heh! My boss says I'm doing a good job!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98631 May 8, 2014
RACE wrote:
Now, This is a cool picture...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fire...
That's crazy!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98632 May 8, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Here's the map.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/04/cabl...
That is excellent and points at the internet provider and landline monopoly, that may also occur, in that they usually sell package deals.....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98633 May 8, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you eat any of the Florida sweet corn, that's in season right now?
No, what I said is what I meant.
I just stopped eating corn. There are so many other veggies and fruits I get from a local stand that I don't miss it. Never a diehard corn fan.
Order organic corn from amazon--6 large bags.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98634 May 8, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the documentary King Corn? That's where I learned that Monsanto was suing small farmers who dared to plant saved seed, which had been a practice for years. They're putting those small family farms out of business left and right and taking all they have. Even when they use the Monsanto products they can barely make a living.
It also illustrated how most corn grown here isn't edible (for humans). It's grown for feed or high fructose corn syrup. Of course the cattle that only get fed corn end up with holes in their bellies and need antibiotics. It's a miserable cycle, but Monsanto owns that market and they're well protected.
Never seen it but know all about it.
Monsanto is evil. Even other countries that buy from us won't touch the stuff, and certain things we do are banned in other countries. I mean, just be honest and let us choose. The insidiousness of it creeps me out the most.
People are waking up but denial is easy (eat junk, watch TV, text, sleep---what a life).

I'm no psycho about it. I will hit fast food once a month or so. I eat out.
But I buy organic in what I can, mostly dairy: cheese, real butter, milk, eggs.
I eat a lot of protein; dairy, meat, pork chops.
I make spaghetti with processed stuff but I'm cool with it. I try not to eat anything from a box anymore. Luckily I love roast and pork chops and fresh veggies!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98635 May 8, 2014

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98636 May 9, 2014
I am SO TICKED at Netflix. They decided this week to no longer sell gift certificates! Guess what I get my Mom for Mother's Day??? Now I have to find her another useful gift.

I may end up cancelling Netflix again. They are also now limiting your screens. I guess I'll have to "move" them around as I need them.

Not worth the aggravation.

#98637 May 9, 2014
What screens are you talking about? I get rows and each row scrolls left or right.
Also, just read that they are upping the cost to $8 for new users. Existing users will stay same for 2yrs.

all in all, i am pretty happy with Netflix.
Stina2 wrote:
I am SO TICKED at Netflix. They decided this week to no longer sell gift certificates! Guess what I get my Mom for Mother's Day??? Now I have to find her another useful gift.
I may end up cancelling Netflix again. They are also now limiting your screens. I guess I'll have to "move" them around as I need them.
Not worth the aggravation.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98638 May 9, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98639 May 9, 2014

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#98640 May 9, 2014
Pellen -- Abby disappeared.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#98641 May 9, 2014
Amy is there, though.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98642 May 9, 2014
RACE wrote:
What screens are you talking about? I get rows and each row scrolls left or right.
Also, just read that they are upping the cost to $8 for new users. Existing users will stay same for 2yrs.
all in all, i am pretty happy with Netflix.
<quoted text>
I meant 2 devices. So, for example, at my current price, I can watch it on 2 TVs in my house. If I want to add a 3rd, I have to pay the higher price point.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#98643 May 9, 2014
Toj wrote:
Pellen -- Abby disappeared.
I will try again from an unregistered name. It contains a hot line phone number. I suspect that the algorithms automatically delete those

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#98644 May 9, 2014
It took, Pellen, and I replied to Pink Lady's post for posterity.

For a feel-good news item:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/autistic-boy-call...

Awww....

“reign in blood”

United States

#98645 May 9, 2014
Here's a column about the twerking letter from the other day that I thought was kinda funny

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/dear-abby-ru...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,234,252
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min ACTUALLY 190,211
help troll them pls 23 min lukeintothelight 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Mothra 53,497
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 2 hr Mary Moodygan 4
amy 5-28 2 hr Julie 13
Dirty Marge 2 hr That girl 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]