Topix Chitown Regulars

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#98107 Apr 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
And sub, you're boring us all. Would you please stop talking to it and dominating the thread? No one cares, take it elsewhere. Thank you
When you stop being a homophobic misogynist, I'll consider following your requests.

This is what she does. This is why she is here. Since she has been welcomed with open arms by some, we'll let it play out exactly as it has played out on numerous threads where she does this.

I've gone out of my way to not even post anywhere around her, because she's a complete beyatch. I don't have to ignore her or tolerate her on a thread I've been posting on for years that she's come on to just to start trouble. She's gone off on other people I know for doing the same thing on threads she posts on with threads, but being the hypocrite she is, she has no problem with herself doing the same thing.

She can FOD.

We can ruin this thread too.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#98108 Apr 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stop being a homophobic misogynist, I'll consider following your requests.
This is what she does. This is why she is here. Since she has been welcomed with open arms by some, we'll let it play out exactly as it has played out on numerous threads where she does this.
I've gone out of my way to not even post anywhere around her, because she's a complete beyatch. I don't have to ignore her or tolerate her on a thread I've been posting on for years that she's come on to just to start trouble. She's gone off on other people I know for doing the same thing on threads she posts on with threads, but being the hypocrite she is, she has no problem with herself doing the same thing.
She can FOD.
Sigh, good morning .

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#98109 Apr 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She can FOD.
Hey, guess what? No one cares. Thank you for taking it elsewhere

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#98110 Apr 24, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
Jodie Foster got married. Nice!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/23/jodi...
Jodie Foster is a class act.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98111 Apr 24, 2014
What is considered welcoming someone with open arms? Acknowledging a link that is funny? Not posting vitriolic tirades against them?

This is not a closed group. No one here is a moderator. Some of the people who have regularly posted over the years have been absolute sweethearts and some are flaming a$$holes. You know what - they can post wherever they want. All we can do is control our reaction to them. If you don't like someone, just skip their posts. Or give them your opinions, but expect a response back.

You know who I miss sometimes? Really Gloria. I hated her. Just seeing her screen name would make my blood boil. She was one of the most offensive posters I have encountered. We wouldn't have anything to talk about if we always agreed, though.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#98112 Apr 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, guess what? No one cares. Thank you for taking it elsewhere
If you don't care then why are you talking about it?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#98113 Apr 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
What is considered welcoming someone with open arms? Acknowledging a link that is funny? Not posting vitriolic tirades against them?
This is not a closed group. No one here is a moderator. Some of the people who have regularly posted over the years have been absolute sweethearts and some are flaming a$$holes. You know what - they can post wherever they want. All we can do is control our reaction to them. If you don't like someone, just skip their posts. Or give them your opinions, but expect a response back.
You know who I miss sometimes? Really Gloria. I hated her. Just seeing her screen name would make my blood boil. She was one of the most offensive posters I have encountered. We wouldn't have anything to talk about if we always agreed, though.
Absolutely. Agree 100%. There were some very thoughtful posts from Gloria.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#98114 Apr 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't care then why are you talking about it?
Because you won't shut up. Thanks for being a good sport, bye bye now

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#98115 Apr 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you won't shut up. Thanks for being a good sport, bye bye now
I thought you said you don't care. Now you care? Which is it?

You should probably work on not caring a little more, because I'm not here to make your posting experience all that it can be, by following your instructions and posting only things that you approve of.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#98116 Apr 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I don't care to post on any thread where she posts on. I have gone out of my way to avoid the b1tch. I've abandoned a forum and many people I enjoyed posting with, because I couldn't stand to be around her. If you guys want this thread to remain civil, and like her so much, I suggest you make a new thread, and post to your hearts content with her on that thread.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#98117 Apr 24, 2014
Hahaha! I didn't get enough sleep, so I am finding this video hilarious. You must have sound on to watch it.

http://blog.petflow.com/omg-this-is-hilarious...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#98118 Apr 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care to post on any thread where she posts on. I have gone out of my way to avoid the b1tch. I've abandoned a forum and many people I enjoyed posting with, because I couldn't stand to be around her. If you guys want this thread to remain civil, and like her so much, I suggest you make a new thread, and post to your hearts content with her on that thread.
Who said anything about like or dislike. No one made a comment about like or dislike.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#98119 Apr 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great! Ok bye bye now

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#98120 Apr 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Hahaha! I didn't get enough sleep, so I am finding this video hilarious. You must have sound on to watch it.
http://blog.petflow.com/omg-this-is-hilarious...
I do love that one.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98122 Apr 24, 2014
&#8203;
Sublime1 wrote:
Does not sound like that's worked out the way you would have liked in the past.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

Do you WANT different results?
Sublime1 wrote:
I don't have to ignore her or tolerate her on a thread I've been posting on for years that she's come on to just to start trouble.
Nope. You don't have to, but I'm not sure what you think you are gaining by not doing so. You wanna outlast them? I equate this to a prank caller who's "winning" just by getting the prankee worked up.
Sublime1 wrote:
At least you're owning up to your role in it.
And please don't suggest I just skip over these posts. I do. I don't even know who "she" is. I missed when the war went from you and ferrerman to you and someone else.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#98123 Apr 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care to post on any thread where she posts on. I have gone out of my way to avoid the b1tch. I've abandoned a forum and many people I enjoyed posting with, because I couldn't stand to be around her. If you guys want this thread to remain civil, and like her so much, I suggest you make a new thread, and post to your hearts content with her on that thread.
I don't know her and I am not defending her or what she has done on other threads. What I have seen is the equivalent of someone loudly SHHH-ing people, which is worse than the original talking sounds.

What I can't stand is when anyone tries to tell posters who can and can't post here. Several people have done that over the years. You know what? A die started this thread and unless she is going to come back to life and start moderating, none of us own the thread.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#98125 Apr 24, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about like or dislike. No one made a comment about like or dislike.
The point you should take away, is that civility is not possible on a thread where she and I post on together. She knows this. That's why she is here. This isn't the first time this has happened. It's happened many, many times. There is never harmony. She knows this.

She didn't just happen to pick the one thread that I regularly post on, out of all the threads on topix that have a regular group of people who post together. Do you think this is just a coincidence? Thousands of forums ... lots of regular groups ... and it's this one that she has chosen to grace with her presence?

She's bragged about stalking me and following threads I post on, as if that is something to be proud of. For quite some time, I've done everything I can possibly do not to post anywhere around her.

You people are nice, and I agree that we should welcome people, but she's here to take advantage of that. She's not here because she wants to be everyone's buddy and have nice conversations with people. She will claim that, but that's not the truth.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#98126 Apr 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
What I can't stand is when anyone tries to tell posters who can and can't post here. Several people have done that over the years. You know what? A die started this thread and unless she is going to come back to life and start moderating, none of us own the thread.
What I can't stand is being anywhere around her.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Don't complain when all sense of civility is lost. There is no moderator.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#98127 Apr 24, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
&#8203;<quoted text> Do you WANT different results?
YEs, I want her to go away and stop following me to other threads.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You don't have to, but I'm not sure what you think you are gaining by not doing so. You wanna outlast them? I equate this to a prank caller who's "winning" just by getting the prankee worked up.
I'm not sure what people think will be gained by engaging in dialogue with her and encouraging her to stick around.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you're owning up to your role in it.
My preference is to avoid her.

Prepare to skip a lot of posts.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98128 Apr 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point you should take away, is that civility is not possible on a thread where she and I post on together. She knows this. That's why she is here. This isn't the first time this has happened. It's happened many, many times. There is never harmony. She knows this.
She didn't just happen to pick the one thread that I regularly post on, out of all the threads on topix that have a regular group of people who post together. Do you think this is just a coincidence? Thousands of forums ... lots of regular groups ... and it's this one that she has chosen to grace with her presence?
She's bragged about stalking me and following threads I post on, as if that is something to be proud of. For quite some time, I've done everything I can possibly do not to post anywhere around her.
You people are nice, and I agree that we should welcome people, but she's here to take advantage of that. She's not here because she wants to be everyone's buddy and have nice conversations with people. She will claim that, but that's not the truth.
Why do you care? Why is it impossible for you to skip over her posts? As much as you say differently, you enjoy engaging. It would be pretty easy to scroll right past. But you don't. You're like Philo Betto. You like the pain. Just need an oranatan named Clyde.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min Secret Admirer 1,535,659
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Las Cruces Retiree 240,930
Blank ATM card available for exchange (Oct '16) 11 hr linda randy 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr RACE 10,707
Trump Puddy Comment Worst Ever 12 hr Earl 3
Trump Just Sux 14 hr They cannot kill ... 2
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 17 hr Liar Don 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages