Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98014 Apr 22, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. All you can do is try to help. Calling the police was a good idea. Checking with the woman was a good thing. Just b/c you can't necessarily see it through, I'd try to do what I could.
I could see stepping in if he was getting violent. But what he was doing in the diner was nothing he could be arrested for though it certainly was a great indicator that he likely was doing arrestable acts behind closed doors. Unless your intervention in the diner would result in her not going home to him at the end of the day, it seems pointless to me to get in the middle of it or call the cops. Not that I would not want to help her, just that in that scenario, I don't see what difference I could have made.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98017 Apr 22, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I want a like button instead of an anonymous judging icon (which I can't access from the app anyway).
:)
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98018 Apr 22, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put, Chel.
Why, thank you. ;)
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#98019 Apr 22, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and I also agree with Jess that we should have a "like" button.
:)
To further elaborate, going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. Being a Christian is about what's in your heart.
In my opinion, going to church is to *enhance* your life and the lives of others (by serving as well as receiving). Being a part of a community like church can be - and should be - extraordinarily helpful in both spiritual and practical ways.
*like*

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98021 Apr 22, 2014
Why put up with this? She's not even attractive?

https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/woman-makes-he...

“Rope Swingin'”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#98022 Apr 22, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Maybe she has all her teeth. That's rare in the UK. ;p

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98023 Apr 22, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:

Wtf?! Why would he be with someone who treated him like that? Why would she be proud of this behavior?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#98029 Apr 23, 2014

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#98030 Apr 23, 2014
Thanks for posting edog!

I am in CA to help my parents organize their stuff since their house is on the market and they need to divide their belongings between the East Coast and West Coast. Good thing I don't live near here - I would be tempted to take things to my house. I love my mother's taste in art.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#98031 Apr 23, 2014
“I’m relieved to finally know what’s wrong with me ....
Yeah, I believe that was addressed with the first work of your diagnosis....Delusional.
Mister Tonka wrote:

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Melrose Park, IL

#98032 Apr 23, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Thanks for posting edog!
I am in CA to help my parents organize their stuff since their house is on the market and they need to divide their belongings between the East Coast and West Coast. Good thing I don't live near here - I would be tempted to take things to my house. I love my mother's taste in art.
Wondered where you were going. Good for you and enjoy yourself!

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#98033 Apr 23, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Neither is he.

The whole article gave me a huge case of heebie-jeebies. People are WEIRD.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#98034 Apr 23, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is he.
The whole article gave me a huge case of heebie-jeebies. People are WEIRD.
Didn't say he was, but regardless of that,if he's gonna put up withthat kinda of behavior, what's in it for him? Certainly not her looks. I'm sure he could find someone just as hideous that would not treat him that way.

“Rope Swingin'”

Location hidden

#98035 Apr 23, 2014
A Bitter Pill wrote:
<quoted text>Cor Blimey!
Yes, it certainly was :-)
For being a rather boring story that in comparison made his "unrequited fat lesbian co-worker love" story seem interesting (and that is really saying something), I must say there were a few amusing portions.

I chuckled at the "my" cocktail waitress bit, and his attempt to make himself out to be a big time bartender, like Tom Cruise in Cocktail.

He was so important, the place he worked at didn't just have a cocktail waitresses who he worked with, she was actually HIS personal cocktail waitresses.

He was so important he told her what drinks he was making for customers ... she didn't tell him ... oh noes. He wasn't that kind of bartender.

And, if Ferrerman felt like being generous on any given day and accepting orders from HIS cocktail waitress instead of making the drinks he wanted to make, she was only allowed to place her drink orders with him ... not Larry, because she was HIS!!

Next time I mention that I worked as a dishwasher/bus boy while in high school, I should try that trick ... so as to make me seem like I was a somebody ... a really really important bus boy. Listen up people, now I wasn't just any bus boy ... I was a big time bus boy ... I even had MY own waitresses. They were MINE! I had those b1tches trained so well, they even gave me a percentage of their tips, like I was their pimp!!!

BUT, probably my favorite part of the whole story was when Larry decided not to protect Ferrerman. In Ferrerman's world, this meant he's not an upstanding guy and yet another person who has wronged him in his poor wittle persecuted life. Almost everyone else who knows Ferrerman knows that more than likely this meant that Larry didn't like ferryman (imagine that ... yet another person to add to the list) and he was hoping Ferrerman got beat up. Larry sounds like an excellent judge of character ...

AT worst, Larry was probably very conflicted ... do I side with the dirt bag who pushed a lady down or do I side with the dirt bag who abandoned his kid? That is an ethical nightmare. I'd have to ask myself, what would Jesus do and even then I wouldn't know what to do. What would you do, if you were in that situation, BP? I think I might sit out that one too.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#98036 Apr 23, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Thanks for posting edog!
So they're moving east to be near you? You can ship art back...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#98037 Apr 23, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
“I’m willing to put up with it, because I know we’re soulmates. She’s so special to me and a bit of jealousy here and there won’t change that.”

It's WAY MORE than a little bit of jealousy here and there. She's a wingnut!

“Rope Swingin'”

Location hidden

#98039 Apr 23, 2014
Flanagan wrote:
<quoted text>Now, THAT was Sublimey!!!
I'm really just hear to help.

Next time if you really wanna impress people, don't just tell them you had your own cocktail waitress ... go all out.

Tell them you were so important, that you had a corner office at the bar, that your personal cocktail waitress had to schedule an appointment with you to see if you could make her a drink, and that you were highly sought after in the industry and constantly being called by recruiters who were asking what it would take for you to come work at big time places like Bennigans, Chi-Chi's, and Red Lobster.

“Rope Swingin'”

Location hidden

#98041 Apr 23, 2014
HERE to help

my goodness

<face palm>

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#98042 Apr 23, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
“I’m willing to put up with it, because I know we’re soulmates. She’s so special to me and a bit of jealousy here and there won’t change that.”
It's WAY MORE than a little bit of jealousy here and there. She's a wingnut!
Is it just me or does the woman look more manly than the guy and the guy look more like a woman than the woman?

They say every pot has a lid. They found theirs.

“Rope Swingin'”

Location hidden

#98044 Apr 23, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Karma always finds a way to express itself....
Consider this: At a bar, many times a bartender is assigned a specific waitresses. They work as a team. It might be the case that you have a secretary or assistant that's employed, not by you, but by the company who employs both of you, yet you would refer to that employee as "my assistant" or "my secretary" because he or she is there to work with you.....yet you don't pay her. Are you trying to sound important? Your post drips with self-importance and sanctimony and at a time, as I said before, when things were going pretty well here.
Calm down.
Oh I see. If Ferrerman continually makes comments about me, my wife, and number of things concerning me, and I repeatedly ignore it and don't make any comments about him, you feel things are going pretty well. Silly me. I guess I effed it all up. What a pity.

At most bars, whatever bartender is free makes the drink. It’s not like one bartender will stand there doing nothing, twiddling their thumbs if the other bartender is busy and a waitress has a drink order to be filed.“Oh, I can’t make that drink … she’s not my cocktail waitress.” At least that’s not the case at any bar I’ve been to.

My ridiculing his pathetic attempt to make himself seem important, in no way means I’m trying to make myself look important. If I worked in the restaurant industry I would never say “my waitress”, unless I owned the place. I would say a waitress I work with.

I say my assistant, because she’s my assistant, who I have authority over. Her job is to be my assistant. A waitress’s job is to be a waitress for customers. Therefore, while it’s not uncommon for customers to say “my waitress” it is unusual for people who work with a waitress to refer to them as “my waitress” in a possessive manner, unless it's a business owner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min OzRitz 1,419,572
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 min honeymylove 2,427
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,636
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min Ize Found 70,958
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Too Funny 61,058
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 4 hr Master L-Bates 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages