Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97940 Apr 18, 2014
A Bitter Pill wrote:
<quoted text>Well... Seeing as how you're volunteering details about your sex life, could you give us some juicy details in the morning about you getting laid tonight?
Well I guess technically it's morning...

We drank a bunch of vodka and I just effed hard like a bull for an hour and a half. Being a guy kinda sux in one regard ... I gave her wave after wave after wave of Os for an hour and a half (I looked at my watch when we started) and I only got to go once. On the bright side she feels like got ran over by a bus and I feel like I could do it again. Try to dissect that b1tch.

How long did your hand last?

Location hidden

#97941 Apr 18, 2014
A Bitter Pill wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do believe you did call myself and others like me, who work for poverty wages, a lower.
It's not so much that I think your a loser. If you are working for poverty wages and you are putting in the effort to get ahead and be more than that, I'm pulling for you. 100%. And if you put in the effort, you'll get there.

If you are working for poverty wages and unlike pretty much everyone else who isn't working for poverty wages, you aren't willing to put in anymore effort to get ahead, I don't have much sympathy.

When your goal in life is to scrape by in life and you only put in the effort it takes to scrape by in life. then don't whine to me when you scrape by.

I've worked jobs that paid poverty wages ... I knew they paid poverty wages ... I knew I wouldn't have had a good life if I stayed there ... I knew I couldn't raise a family off that kind of a wage. So, I put in the effort it took to get jobs that paid more than that. Had I not, I would not have blamed anyone except myself. That's where I'm coming from.

When I hear people doing fast good jobs and wanting to be paid $15 an hour it screams, I only wanna put in the effort it takes to scrape by in life, but I wanna be paid like I put in the effort to get ahead.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#97944 Apr 19, 2014

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97945 Apr 19, 2014
TROLL!! RUN FOR YOU LIVES!
A Troll has invaded our thread, Oh the humanity.... Were all Doomed!

Are there any virgins we can sacrifice? Maybe Just someone who has not gotten laid in a long time?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97946 Apr 19, 2014
RACE wrote:
TROLL!! RUN FOR YOU LIVES!
A Troll has invaded our thread, Oh the humanity.... Were all Doomed!
Are there any virgins we can sacrifice? Maybe Just someone who has not gotten laid in a long time?
Go back to bed. I'll wake you when the coffee us ready.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97947 Apr 19, 2014
Toj wrote:
Let's try to get off the fast food bandwagon.
Is anyone going to/having/making a big meal for Sunday?
If so, which dish are you looking forward to having?
I love carrot cake so I'm making a luscious carrot cake and am looking forward to having that after a hopefully tasty meal.
We're going to my sister's and I have no idea what she's got planned, but I'm pretty sure some of it will be cooked on the grill.

We were assigned appetizers, so I'm going to stop by Trader Joe's. They have this really yummy Gorgonzola/walnut/cranberry thing, hopefully it will still be stocked. They have some "seasonal" things and this may be one of them.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97949 Apr 19, 2014
PEllen wrote:
7 Butter steamed fiddleheads
What the hell is a buttered steamed fiddlehead??

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97950 Apr 19, 2014
Our big meal on Easter Sunday is brunch. My in-laws used to invite the whole extended family over after church for food and an Easter egg hunt, but now it is just the immediate family (which has grown since everyone is now married and has kids).

My MIL took over cooking the meal after my FIL died. We have scrambled eggs, home fries, bacon, sausage, kielbasa with horseradish, pierogies, fruit, donuts and rolls. There is butter shaped like a lamb and all of the food is blessed at the Church on Saturday.

http://www.polartcenter.com/Easter_Lamb_Butte...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97951 Apr 19, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is a buttered steamed fiddlehead??
This.
http://littlemissweasel.files.wordpress.com/2...

The asparagus in the stalk of a fern. Fiddleheads are the top of a different fern before it uncurls to be feathery and ferny.

Butter steamed means I rinse them in water, shake off the extra, put them in the skillet with a hunk of butter, put the lid on the skillet and turn the flame on low and cook them till they feel done. I add salt a bit a pepper and a very little bit of garlic

It is similar in taste and firmness to a steamed artichoke heart; texture is a bit different.. It only grows wild, it can't be farmed and it has a very short season for availability. The season happened to occur this year around the holiday. They are hard to get and I really like them

. Don't feel bad. I called around a lot of places to see if they had any, both retail and commercial purveyors, and a high percentage of produce managers had no idea what I was asking for.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97952 Apr 19, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Our big meal on Easter Sunday is brunch. My in-laws used to invite the whole extended family over after church for food and an Easter egg hunt, but now it is just the immediate family (which has grown since everyone is now married and has kids).
My MIL took over cooking the meal after my FIL died. We have scrambled eggs, home fries, bacon, sausage, kielbasa with horseradish, pierogies, fruit, donuts and rolls. There is butter shaped like a lamb and all of the food is blessed at the Church on Saturday.
http://www.polartcenter.com/Easter_Lamb_Butte...
Yum. I will stop by before I put the lamb on. Tell your MIL to expect me but I want to be teh fly on the wall when you try to explain how we "know" each other..

“reign in blood”

Melrose Park, IL

#97953 Apr 19, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
This.
http://littlemissweasel.files.wordpress.com/2...
The asparagus in the stalk of a fern. Fiddleheads are the top of a different fern before it uncurls to be feathery and ferny.
Butter steamed means I rinse them in water, shake off the extra, put them in the skillet with a hunk of butter, put the lid on the skillet and turn the flame on low and cook them till they feel done. I add salt a bit a pepper and a very little bit of garlic
It is similar in taste and firmness to a steamed artichoke heart; texture is a bit different.. It only grows wild, it can't be farmed and it has a very short season for availability. The season happened to occur this year around the holiday. They are hard to get and I really like them
. Don't feel bad. I called around a lot of places to see if they had any, both retail and commercial purveyors, and a high percentage of produce managers had no idea what I was asking for.
Not a fan of asparagus. Gonna make some broccoli casserole for tomorrow I think

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97954 Apr 19, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fan of asparagus. Gonna make some broccoli casserole for tomorrow I think
Cool. That's good too. Are you going to your mom's house?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#97955 Apr 19, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. That's good too. Are you going to your mom's house?
Sister's

#97956 Apr 19, 2014
Your twin, or the one that likes you?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sister's

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#97957 Apr 19, 2014
RACE wrote:
Your twin, or the one that likes you?
<quoted text>
Twin

#97958 Apr 19, 2014
HA! Just messing with you dude!
Enjoy!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Twin

#97959 Apr 19, 2014
And to all my Christian imaginary friends. Happy Easter. Your savior rose from the dead, defied death, and proved that there is more beyond this life. Rejoice!!! There is a place for you, and it is good!

Cheers!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97960 Apr 19, 2014
Just got back from a swanky wedding in downtown Tampa.
My table had an engineer, 2 docs-to-be (including yours truly), a Harvard-educated lawyer, and a neurosurgeon.
LOL
Fancy stuff.
Most our weddings in my town are buffet and find your own table, but nice.
This one had name tags. LOL

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97961 Apr 20, 2014
Happy Easter all

Location hidden

#97962 Apr 20, 2014
Happy Easter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Dr Guru 225,507
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 59 min VetnorsGate 1,431,719
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr VN Vet 61,476
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr PEllen 6,743
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr PEllen 9,523
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr PEllen 2,060
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr PEllen 3,181

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages