|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Kinda wish one of the cable channels, would start West Wing again, from the first episode.....also, China Beach....
Did you check Netflix?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you check Netflix?
Cable bills too high, so i want it on my terms...lol...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

I enjoy Sorkin's writing style, and the fast pace does'nt bother me....i think in many business's, even including a television news room, their might be a tendency of competeing for the floor....or the producer/director's attention.....much like a troll trying to dominate a thread.....the scene you have here, had to do with a troll making death threats to the main character......

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Obvious mud slinging.
Notice how only Fox stats were reported?

So the real "news" is that all the major networks are spreading misinformation, and fox is apparently the best at it.

Toj wrote:

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Obvious mud slinging.
Notice how only Fox stats were reported?
So the real "news" is that all the major networks are spreading misinformation, and fox is apparently the best at it.
<quoted text>
...in THAT article. I just used the first article that appeared. Here's another more indepth article. http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/solution...

They focused on the three most watched -- CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.

They made it clear that all three had problems.

The statistics were pretty shocking about Fox, although I wasn't surprised. CNN was inaccurate 30% of the time and MSNBC was inaccurate 8% and Fox was inaccurrate 72%.

Being inaccurate 72% of time of course would garner more attention. Don't you believe it deserves it the attention for that horrible (in)accuracy number?

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Cable bills too high, so i want it on my terms...lol...
I get that!:-)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Toj wrote:
Proudly brought to you by the liberal media. Global warming was proven to be a hoax two years ago. But people are still droning on about it

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Proudly brought to you by the liberal media. Global warming was proven to be a hoax two years ago. But people are still droning on about it
Your statement would have irritated me before reading a particular article today that really struck a cord with me -- one that makes perfect sense and silences that type of irritation. It just doesn't matter what you think.

I do believe if you lived in a different period of history would you have fought against the notion that the earth was round. And that's okay with me.

Here's a link to that article: http://theweek.com/article/index/258288/does-...

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

No, because climate change is just a bunch of gobbledygook from right wing liberals who want to take away our cars and coal burning power plants. They would rather we freeze in the winter than be warm.

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
...in THAT article. I just used the first article that appeared. Here's another more indepth article. http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/solution...
They focused on the three most watched -- CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.
They made it clear that all three had problems.
The statistics were pretty shocking about Fox, although I wasn't surprised. CNN was inaccurate 30% of the time and MSNBC was inaccurate 8% and Fox was inaccurrate 72%.
Being inaccurate 72% of time of course would garner more attention. Don't you believe it deserves it the attention for that horrible (in)accuracy number?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

RACE wrote:
No, because climate change is just a bunch of gobbledygook from right wing liberals who want to take away our cars and coal burning power plants. They would rather we freeze in the winter than be warm.
<quoted text>
Right. That's what they want.

You have to ask yourself -- why do they want to take your cars away and your coal burning power plants? What's in it for them?

Give it your best shot.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

The Blog Fodder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if FOX was playing baseball, they'd be batting almost .300! Holy Cow!
When pressed, FOX admits that they are entertainment, not news. So are the other two. FOX though took CNN cable news idea and decided to fill a niche by appealing to old white people who want the 50's back- but without that damn Elvis and his pelvis. They were wise to do this but they're audience is literally dying out and not looking good on the horizon. I like how teabaggers brag that FOX is #1 (in cable news) Like Stewart said about O'Reilly, that's like being the thinnest kid a fat camp. If anyone gets their news from any of those three, their getting stylized propaganda.
I think most network newscasts tend to be more entertainment than news, unfortunately. These days you have to listen and get your news from a few different sources.

I don't identify myself as a conservative nor liberal. I try to listen to both sides and make an educated judgment.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more about science and not gobbledygook. It's really not about politics, it's about this earth.

Actually, the demographic most disbelieving in climate change is the Tea Party. Most republicans on the whole believe in climate change -- except for the Tea Party.

You a Tea Party member?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Easy Peasy
Cars represent individuality, and power plants represent capitalism, neither of which a liberal believes in.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. That's what they want.
You have to ask yourself -- why do they want to take your cars away and your coal burning power plants? What's in it for them?
Give it your best shot.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Not to overstate the obvious, but the climate has been changing for millennia. I believe it's changed in the past, and I believe it will change in the future. I just dont believe man is creating that change. Sure we are helping it, but so is every other living thing on the planet. I also believe that someday the sun will supernova and fry this planet like a bug under a magnifying glass. I am not going to worry about either one of these things, since we as a race are powerless to prevent either one from happening.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more about science and not gobbledygook. It's really not about politics, it's about this earth.
Actually, the demographic most disbelieving in climate change is the Tea Party. Most republicans on the whole believe in climate change -- except for the Tea Party.
You a Tea Party member?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Toj wrote:
You a Tea Party member?
You're so full of bllsht. The article you proudly shoved in my face showed 47% of Republicans believe in man-made global warming. You're claiming the other 53% are tea party?

Is climate change happening? Probably. It's been happening for the last four and a half billion years. Is man causing climate change? How egocentric can you get?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of bllsht. The article you proudly shoved in my face showed 47% of Republicans believe in man-made global warming. You're claiming the other 53% are tea party?
Is climate change happening? Probably. It's been happening for the last four and a half billion years. Is man causing climate change? How egocentric can you get?
I didn't shove anything in your face -- simply posted a link. I'm not claiming anything -- the person writing the article did that.

"Is man causing climate change? How egocentric can you get?" -- now that's funny. Think of the flipside. Man is not causing climate change. To me that's more egocentric -- believing one has no fault.

Here, let me shove something else in your face. I actually was astounded this exists. I don't have time right now to go through it, but I will later.

http://www.climateconservative.org/...
Ultimate Warrior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

edog wrote:
Hmm... original post got pulled. Okay, editing and trying again
<quoted text>
What does a man's position on gun control have to do with the enjoyability of his books?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Toj wrote:
Here, let me shove something else in your face. I actually was astounded this exists. I don't have time right now to go through it, but I will later.
http://www.climateconservative.org/...
Nevermind, I'll break it down for you. It basically says you have to believe what liberals believe in order to be truly conservative

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 174,504
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,078,914
Black Women 50 min joey 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min truth 48,865
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 67,892
Amy 7-23 1 hr Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,767
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE