Topix Chitown Regulars

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97618 Apr 9, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll all be WASTED in about 3 minutes!!!
Yup, passed out drunk in 3 minutes, lol.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#97620 Apr 9, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
I decided to dress in this nice long gown I've had for years. Have this cute headband with feathers and colored doodads sticking up on one side, almost like a little fascinator.
My costume: a teacher who turned 37 and just doesn't care what you think!
Ha...I hope to have a great day.
Sounds cool.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#97621 Apr 9, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Hahaha! I can't stop laughing at this (though under my breath I'm saying "There, but for the grace of God, go I.")
http://happyplace.someecards.com/30419/kids-m...
Ha! I just saw this. That is awesome.

I had school responsibility one time two years ago. My youngest was 6 or 7 and he was supposed to wear a sweater vest with a long sleeve button down shirt under it. Mornings in my house are a complete zoo. The little shit at some point decided he didn't want to wear the long sleeve button down shirt under his sweater vest and he went to school in just the sweater vest. I didn't even notice, because I was so busy.

The neighborhood moms were laughing and they told my wife they knew that I got them ready in the morning that day. Like a little red neck.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97623 Apr 9, 2014
THANKS, peeps!
Great day.
It was "dress in a costume or as your fave teacher" day for spirit week.
Had a boy dress as me! Long blonde wig and a dress, rofl!!!
He stuffed some little paper balls in his chest and I joked he stuffed too many, ha!
I have a pic. It was fun.
I think I'm wearing my ballgown, headpiece, and birthday beads to choir practice tonight, ha!
Why the poop not, eh?
Live life once!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97624 Apr 9, 2014
Speaking of: Sat is my bro's bday and in tradition for the "[bro's name], Love, Live Life, Fun Day," nieces and I are taking a lunch day cruise off Clearwater.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97626 Apr 9, 2014
Toj wrote:
Here's a clip from the show -- a tiny peek into it. Actually, it's a scene I like (just one of many). The show isn't mostly political, it really is about the news. Serious news. But it was an election year so of course they covered that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L8nJAqwAQvEXX
There is also a great clip or episode, about the old, black woman not allowed to vote....I love Aaron Sorkin's writing....he did West Wing....
edog

Braidwood, IL

#97627 Apr 9, 2014
Hmm... original post got pulled. Okay, editing and trying again
edogxxx wrote:
And King also wrote about a plane flying into a building. He's the reason, let's get him!

Seriously, I used to be a big King fan, until he came out in support of gun control. Isn't it amazing that the people who push gun control are lawmakers and millionaire-elitists who are surrounded by armed guards? Yet tell me, a lowly peasant, that I shouldn't own a gun.

I will never buy or read a King book again, and also think he should have retired from the book-writing business ten years ago.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97628 Apr 9, 2014
OMG, Tonka, have you seen this site?

http://www.jointhepugs.com/

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97629 Apr 10, 2014

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97630 Apr 10, 2014

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97631 Apr 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> There is also a great clip or episode, about the old, black woman not allowed to vote....I love Aaron Sorkin's writing....he did West Wing....
I loved West Wing also for a lot of the same reasons -- the writing and acting. I think I like The Newsroom better, though. That might be, though, because it's current.

Location hidden

#97632 Apr 10, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved West Wing also for a lot of the same reasons -- the writing and acting. I think I like The Newsroom better, though. That might be, though, because it's current.
Kinda wish one of the cable channels, would start West Wing again, from the first episode.....also, China Beach....

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#97633 Apr 10, 2014

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97634 Apr 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Kinda wish one of the cable channels, would start West Wing again, from the first episode.....also, China Beach....
Did you check Netflix?

Location hidden

#97635 Apr 10, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you check Netflix?
Cable bills too high, so i want it on my terms...lol...

Location hidden

#97637 Apr 10, 2014
I enjoy Sorkin's writing style, and the fast pace does'nt bother me....i think in many business's, even including a television news room, their might be a tendency of competeing for the floor....or the producer/director's attention.....much like a troll trying to dominate a thread.....the scene you have here, had to do with a troll making death threats to the main character......

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97638 Apr 10, 2014

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97640 Apr 10, 2014
Obvious mud slinging.
Notice how only Fox stats were reported?

So the real "news" is that all the major networks are spreading misinformation, and fox is apparently the best at it.

Toj wrote:

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97641 Apr 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
Obvious mud slinging.
Notice how only Fox stats were reported?
So the real "news" is that all the major networks are spreading misinformation, and fox is apparently the best at it.
<quoted text>
...in THAT article. I just used the first article that appeared. Here's another more indepth article. http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/solution...

They focused on the three most watched -- CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.

They made it clear that all three had problems.

The statistics were pretty shocking about Fox, although I wasn't surprised. CNN was inaccurate 30% of the time and MSNBC was inaccurate 8% and Fox was inaccurrate 72%.

Being inaccurate 72% of time of course would garner more attention. Don't you believe it deserves it the attention for that horrible (in)accuracy number?

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97642 Apr 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Cable bills too high, so i want it on my terms...lol...
I get that!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,581,544
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr ImPeach 242,537
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 3 hr check please 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 3 hr USA is great 1
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 3 hr tax time 21
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,945
sex crimes time to tell 5 hr Coco4u 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages