Topix Chitown Regulars

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97572 Apr 9, 2014
Wow. 20 kids injured because 1 kid brought a knife to school. Keeping this community in my prayers. Just goes to show that we need to change the way we approach mental health in our schools and this country, not put the focus on gun control.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/doc-life-thr...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#97573 Apr 9, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, both Ferrerman and I have told you but you said you didn't care and you didn't want to know.
Have you posted the following to Sublime? "It is a simple question. Why keep this going for 5-6 years?
What is in it for you to do so?"
I have done so. I use different words.Most recently yesterday, in fact.

Since you guys are good at historical posts check earlier on April 8 and look for the kerosene/match comment

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97574 Apr 9, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Or financial. Place is expensive, hence only doing the dessert room.
I just liked dressing up!
Oh, I would only do it if someone else was paying, ha ha!:-D I've had the chance (work dinners and such), but jsut ended up somewhere on this side of the bay.

Happy official birthday!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97575 Apr 9, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Wow. 20 kids injured because 1 kid brought a knife to school. Keeping this community in my prayers. Just goes to show that we need to change the way we approach mental health in our schools and this country, not put the focus on gun control.
The CNN article had no details. Was it one kid stabbing other or a gang fight?

There are predictive tests used to keep sex offenders committed on the likelihood they will re-offend. Perhaps it is time to think about whether those tests can and should be used in different contexts, earlier

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97576 Apr 9, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
This is nuts.
Since when is it a school's business to demand a student fall into a particular weight class? How many fat kids are being threatened with being put on leave if they don't slim down? I've never heard of such nonsense. I'm not usually quick to call for lawsuits, but to me, they had no right to force her into any treatment plan under duress.
https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/yale-u... .
Sub, what say the lawyer?
That is crazy! When I was that age and about 100 lbs (at 5'10"), I remember drinking those 2,000 cal shakes and I couldnt' put on an ounce.

If it were reverse (someone heavy going through the same thing), there would be a lawsuit for sure. I'm with you; I am not quick to call for lawsuits, but this is one of those cases where I think it's legit.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97577 Apr 9, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Hahaha! I can't stop laughing at this (though under my breath I'm saying "There, but for the grace of God, go I.")
http://happyplace.someecards.com/30419/kids-m...
His expression is perfect. Poor kid.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97578 Apr 9, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>OH! So you're saying it's not reasonable for Ferrerman (or me, for that matter) to react to anything that happens. What Angelique and Sublime have done and continue to do (sorry, I know that hurts you to read that) is insignificant. It's a non-issue. They're free to do whatever they want. But the way Ferrerman reacts to their behavior that's continued for 5-6 years.....now THAT concerns you. That's not acceptable.
That's what you're saying, right?
Here's the thing -- and perhaps later down this thread this was said -- no one wants to get into YOUR fight.

I also see that they are egging you on right here on this thread while you are trying to incite them here as well.

I still want the answer to the question of why do you want us all to care. Why? I like/dislike people on my own info. I don't think you are lying but you do have some misinformation and I'm not in the center of this at all.

Why? Why continue to fight with Sub et al? Why not ignore? Ignore when he follows you, ignore what he says. All of you look like idiots now rehashing this.

I posted some of the links to say, "hey -- you're right." Thought you might be satisfied with that. You need to be satisfied with that. Let other people chose who they want to post with/who.

For the most part I'm going to ignore these posts on these subjects, unless I get really super bored.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97579 Apr 9, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
His expression is perfect. Poor kid.
Ha! That is funny. They could get the picture retaken. I'm surprised they took this one. I can see how that can happen. in grade school they have so many "special" days. I'm glad I'm done with all of that. Then there's the part of me that remembers how sweet the kids can be sometimes at that age. Then I remember that they all grow up to be teenagers.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97580 Apr 9, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Do people seem to be getting more violent as a society or is the ready access to media making it seem so?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Detroit, MI

#97581 Apr 9, 2014
PEllen wrote:
There are predictive tests used to keep sex offenders committed on the likelihood they will re-offend. Perhaps it is time to think about whether those tests can and should be used in different contexts, earlier
Yeah, great, if we try hard enough, we can find a potential problem with anyone. Let's just lock up all children until the age of eighty just to be on the safe side

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97582 Apr 9, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Do people seem to be getting more violent as a society or is the ready access to media making it seem so?
I think it's a little of both.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97584 Apr 9, 2014
NO MORE TROLLS!
NO MORE TROLLS!
NO MORE TROLLS!
no more trolls......

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97586 Apr 9, 2014
They do exist wrote:
<quoted text>Still, there's a chance that Sub's lying about the corporate job and is himself just a fat troll in some basement. We can always find out! Wait- some people just met him in Florida...
Oh my! He does exist!
No, he's a lawyer in a corporate job. In-house counsel. Shorter hours and less pay, usually, than at one of the big law firms. There are definite benefits from being in-house counsel.

I'd lay off calling his kids the r-word. He should lay off calling you "just a house painter" as I think that's deplorable making fun of someone's work no matter what that work is as long as it is legal to do that certain work. I don't really care what someone does whether it is a dog poop collector or a CEO of a major corporation. Everyone has their value.

End of discussion here for me about all of this. Now at least I know you're doing it just to amuse yourself because I'm really not much amused. By either side on this.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97588 Apr 9, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's a lawyer in a corporate job. In-house counsel. Shorter hours and less pay, usually, than at one of the big law firms. There are definite benefits from being in-house counsel.
I'd lay off calling his kids the r-word. He should lay off calling you "just a house painter" as I think that's deplorable making fun of someone's work no matter what that work is as long as it is legal to do that certain work. I don't really care what someone does whether it is a dog poop collector or a CEO of a major corporation. Everyone has their value.
End of discussion here for me about all of this. Now at least I know you're doing it just to amuse yourself because I'm really not much amused. By either side on this.
Well said. I agree.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97590 Apr 9, 2014
They do exist wrote:
<quoted text>Terri, we know we're right about all this and we thank you for your post. Only a complete idiot can look at all the evidence and not come to the conclusion that Angelique770 and Sublime1 are trolls and have been specifically trolling me for 5+ years. I know they are not going to stop no matter what I do so, it's fun to watch them go on and deny the obvious. Race too!
However, because of Sublime's vainglorious posting about his alleged *real life*, it's really fun to expose this alleged, high dollar corporate lawyer/wife swapper for the internet troll that he is. It's a helluva lot more fun to beat that idiot up and down the threads than A770 who is most likely the proverbial troll posting from grandma's basement, and quite possibly may well be, a 300# longshoreman named "Lou".
The thing with Sub is, his self-aggrandizing postings might be true. That means I have whupped a corporate lawyer in keyboardal combat! Not just any ol' generic fake 'Nam vet troll- a college educated, bar-passing, BIG TIME troll! And, I have beaten him at HIS game, one that he started at the behest of a faceless, anonymous troll he's never met and probably never will. A770 will crawl back under a rock and continue to troll me and others. S/he'll leave Sublime in its wake since everyone knows who he is.
Still, there's a chance that Sub's lying about the corporate job and is himself just a fat troll in some basement. We can always find out! Wait- some people just met him in Florida...
Oh my! He does exist!
That actually answers my question.

I echo Toj' comment. Lay off the kids. They aren't part of whatever you have going with Sub.

Hey Sub- goes for you, too. Lay off comments about Ferrerman's kid or child custody issues.

Lay off the baiting, too, please.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97591 Apr 9, 2014
Wrong, people are reacting because they are tired of your insufferable blathering of the same thing over and over and over. Not because they care about what your blathering about.
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me when I've ever asked any of you to care. You don't like what I have to say; that's not the same thing. People who don't care don't react.

You're not right, so quit telling lies.
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and thanks for letting us know we're right while stating we have some misinformation. That's handy, saying that but not sharing your proof.
If you would be happy to be ignored, why are you even posting? You can be equally well ignored if you dont post at all.

And again its not your content or your cause that we care about, its the fact that you chose to dump it all here.
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you ignore me but you all need to stop saying you don't care. That's just idiotic. People are posting like their hair's on fire and if you didn't care you wouldn't be going on and on about what I'm saying.

Wrong again. You are the one trying to control content. You keep bringing up carp from years ago and screaming about how awful it is. YOU! You are the one who is trying to control what is discussed, and it makes you bonkers that we dont want to discuss it.

Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Truly, I'm fine if you ignore me! I'm going to say what I want to say with or without your approval because that is something I don't want or need.
I don't especially enjoy the racist, sexist and disgusting things some of your friends post here, but short of referring to it why should I tell them to stop? In comparison, what I've said is far less offensive. Something to consider while seeing that all of you are basically attempting to control content....
I'm with Toj and dog.
Done with these two ranters, just going to ignore from now on.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97592 Apr 9, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
This is nuts.
Since when is it a school's business to demand a student fall into a particular weight class? How many fat kids are being threatened with being put on leave if they don't slim down? I've never heard of such nonsense. I'm not usually quick to call for lawsuits, but to me, they had no right to force her into any treatment plan under duress.
https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/yale-u... .
Sub, what say the lawyer?
I don't have a lot of time today.

Not my area of expertise ... so this is my opinion, not legal advise that people should follow as if it is true:

Generally speaking, absent a federal or state law preventing discrimination, it's perfectly legal to discriminate. I don't know of any law that protects skinny people from discrimination, especially if the school claims it is health based. Only certain people are protected classes ... people who historically have suffered discrimination. Even under strict or intermediate scrutiny, which is applied to protected classes, a school could possibly argue that protecting the health and welfare is an important enough interest to require someone who is skinny to the point that it is unhealthy to leave school and get treatment for an eating disorder.

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#97593 Apr 9, 2014
Wicklow wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me when I've ever asked any of you to care. You don't like what I have to say; that's not the same thing. People who don't care don't react.
Oh, and thanks for letting us know we're right while stating we have some misinformation. That's handy, saying that but not sharing your proof.
I don't care if you ignore me but you all need to stop saying you don't care. That's just idiotic. People are posting like their hair's on fire and if you didn't care you wouldn't be going on and on about what I'm saying. Truly, I'm fine if you ignore me! I'm going to say what I want to say with or without your approval because that is something I don't want or need.
I don't especially enjoy the racist, sexist and disgusting things some of your friends post here, but short of referring to it why should I tell them to stop? In comparison, what I've said is far less offensive. Something to consider while seeing that all of you are basically attempting to control content....
No one cares, go away

“reign in blood”

Detroit, MI

#97594 Apr 9, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
That actually answers my question.
I echo Toj' comment. Lay off the kids. They aren't part of whatever you have going with Sub.
Hey Sub- goes for you, too. Lay off comments about Ferrerman's kid or child custody issues.
Lay off the baiting, too, please.
Just stop talking to it

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97595 Apr 9, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done so. I use different words.Most recently yesterday, in fact.
Since you guys are good at historical posts check earlier on April 8 and look for the kerosene/match comment
Just because I don't ignore their constant provocations and respond sometimes, doesn't mean I keep it going. Even if I ignore them, the loser still follows me around making comments.

No one likes them here or on any of the threads they do this stuff on. No one wants to listen to them whine about how they are poor wittle persecuted Hegel and Ferrerman.

They are only here for this sort of stuff and to keep it going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,431,948
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 225,572
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,065
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,186
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 9,533
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 6,746
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr boundary painter 8,577

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages