Comments
95,601 - 95,620 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97418 Apr 4, 2014
Yekim wrote:
It turns out Mike and Annabella already DO know each other! Maybe they have Troll Alzheimer's?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TFBD2RO...
<sigh> If you can't contribute to teh conversations productively, can you at least stop your strolls down memory lane? It's more than old at this point.

No wonder fewer and fewer people are commenting. I'd just as soon go see who's on FB.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#97419 Apr 4, 2014
NO!
You must notice him! It's all he has!
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh> If you can't contribute to teh conversations productively, can you at least stop your strolls down memory lane? It's more than old at this point.
No wonder fewer and fewer people are commenting. I'd just as soon go see who's on FB.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#97420 Apr 4, 2014
Have a good weekend all!
Have a full plate of things to do myself, most of them involve me needing a bath in Epsom salts afterwards.

But tonight, wine and the dock. I love living on the water...

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#97421 Apr 4, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be rooting for Wisconsin even if it wasn't my alma mater. I like an underdog.
They don't get the top recruits, like the other 3 teams, but Bo Ryan puts together a very respectable team every year. Bo Ryan has to do a lot more teaching and coaching than the programs that have top rated players fall in their lap every year ... year after year.
He's won a few nation championships at the division ii level, but had never made it to a final 4 in 12 or 13 years coaching at Madison, although his teams have made the tourney each of those years.
Every year he would go to the final 4 with his dad. And his dad would tell him that next year he'll be coaching in the final 4, because that's been the one knock against him ... great coach with good teams, but no final 4 appearances. It was hard for him to deal with, but his father always comforted him and made the annual disappointment disappear.
His dad died this past August and lo and behold he makes the final 4.
I'm happy for him. He's 68 or 69 and probably won't be coaching too much longer. I'm proud of the team ... I don't think any of the players were recruited by any of the big programs. They play as a team, distribute the ball, and play tough defense. They have to.
They were a number 2 seed which is high, but in many respects they are the David amongst Goliaths.
I don't expect them to win it all, but if they do, it will be unbelievable.
Have faith.. GO BIG RED. Being a Wisconsin girl, gotta cheer the "home team" I think they have a good chance, if the refs actually call the game fair. That last game was a disappointment. Even Charles Barkley said the calling was poor. Hopefully they get a fair shake. GO WISCONSIN!!!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97423 Apr 4, 2014
RACE wrote:
ok, 3yrs your junior. but she's an antique.
You have both held up pretty well...
Kidding, I kid...q
<quoted text>
Haha, I'm an antique.
Had my birthday outing tonight! Dinner then dessert at Bern's steakhouse dessert room. Then karaoke!
Sang my go-to duet with friend, "Don't Go Breaking My Heart." Then we did Sonny and Cher....then we got tired, lol.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#97424 Apr 5, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's okay. 1 + 1 = 2 can trip up any Florida fan!!! We still love ya!

;)
Don't judge my team by me... I had a rough week. Go Gators!
:)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#97425 Apr 5, 2014

Location hidden

#97426 Apr 5, 2014
Good Morning Chicago. How is everyone this fine day? I have a question for all the locals. I was watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives, and they featured a pizza place there in Chicago. Family owned, many specialty pizzas, they throw the crusts back and forth, and everything is made from scratch. Does anyone know the name of that place? I should have written it down.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#97427 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
Good Morning Chicago. How is everyone this fine day? I have a question for all the locals. I was watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives, and they featured a pizza place there in Chicago. Family owned, many specialty pizzas, they throw the crusts back and forth, and everything is made from scratch. Does anyone know the name of that place? I should have written it down.
La Gondola?

Location hidden

#97428 Apr 5, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
La Gondola?
That may have been it. Thank you!! Have you eaten there?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#97429 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
That may have been it. Thank you!! Have you eaten there?
Think I was there a few years back

Location hidden

#97430 Apr 5, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Think I was there a few years back
How was it? It looked good and had great reviews. I remember as a kid we went on a field trip to a pizza place somewhere in Chicago. We got to make our own pizzas. They went into a brick oven. I was pretty young, so not much of a memory of it, other than watching them throw the dough in the air, and seeing the big brick oven.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#97431 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
How was it? It looked good and had great reviews
I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I think ANY pizza is good. Never had a pizza I didn't like, even the frozen ones.

Useless fact: pizza isn't Italian, it's actually an American concept

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97432 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>Have faith.. GO BIG RED. Being a Wisconsin girl, gotta cheer the "home team" I think they have a good chance, if the refs actually call the game fair. That last game was a disappointment. Even Charles Barkley said the calling was poor. Hopefully they get a fair shake. GO WISCONSIN!!!
When you say Wisconsin you've said it all!

I thought the officiating got better towards the end of the game.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#97435 Apr 5, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I think ANY pizza is good. Never had a pizza I didn't like, even the frozen ones.
Useless fact: pizza isn't Italian, it's actually an American concept
Not exactly true. Pizza as we know it here..loaded with stuff, is American style. Pizza in Italy is margarita style. Sauce and buffalo mozzerella. Pizza like that is all over Italy. Pizzeria Uno was started in Chicago by a soldier who was in Italy and ate their style. And they eat it with a fork there.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97436 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
Have you seen if the show has a website? If Dog's recollection is not the one on the show, that often has specific contact info

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97437 Apr 5, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97438 Apr 5, 2014
greenwichvillage wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly true. Pizza as we know it here..loaded with stuff, is American style. Pizza in Italy is margarita style. Sauce and buffalo mozzerella. Pizza like that is all over Italy. Pizzeria Uno was started in Chicago by a soldier who was in Italy and ate their style. And they eat it with a fork there.
And oregano is optional and sometimes not even available.(Shudder)

Location hidden

#97439 Apr 5, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen if the show has a website? If Dog's recollection is not the one on the show, that often has specific contact info
Thank you, good idea. I'll check that out. Smiles.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97441 Apr 5, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Don't judge my team by me... I had a rough week. Go Gators!
:)
You will still be judged by your team, even though we love you ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,100,537
Word (Dec '08) 26 min Crazy Jae 4,657
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,997
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,409
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr Candy4Me 7,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr newpoly 1,910
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••