Topix Chitown Regulars

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#97426 Apr 5, 2014
Good Morning Chicago. How is everyone this fine day? I have a question for all the locals. I was watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives, and they featured a pizza place there in Chicago. Family owned, many specialty pizzas, they throw the crusts back and forth, and everything is made from scratch. Does anyone know the name of that place? I should have written it down.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97427 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
Good Morning Chicago. How is everyone this fine day? I have a question for all the locals. I was watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives, and they featured a pizza place there in Chicago. Family owned, many specialty pizzas, they throw the crusts back and forth, and everything is made from scratch. Does anyone know the name of that place? I should have written it down.
La Gondola?

Location hidden

#97428 Apr 5, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
La Gondola?
That may have been it. Thank you!! Have you eaten there?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#97429 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
That may have been it. Thank you!! Have you eaten there?
Think I was there a few years back

Location hidden

#97430 Apr 5, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Think I was there a few years back
How was it? It looked good and had great reviews. I remember as a kid we went on a field trip to a pizza place somewhere in Chicago. We got to make our own pizzas. They went into a brick oven. I was pretty young, so not much of a memory of it, other than watching them throw the dough in the air, and seeing the big brick oven.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#97431 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
How was it? It looked good and had great reviews
I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I think ANY pizza is good. Never had a pizza I didn't like, even the frozen ones.

Useless fact: pizza isn't Italian, it's actually an American concept

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97432 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>Have faith.. GO BIG RED. Being a Wisconsin girl, gotta cheer the "home team" I think they have a good chance, if the refs actually call the game fair. That last game was a disappointment. Even Charles Barkley said the calling was poor. Hopefully they get a fair shake. GO WISCONSIN!!!
When you say Wisconsin you've said it all!

I thought the officiating got better towards the end of the game.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#97435 Apr 5, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I think ANY pizza is good. Never had a pizza I didn't like, even the frozen ones.
Useless fact: pizza isn't Italian, it's actually an American concept
Not exactly true. Pizza as we know it here..loaded with stuff, is American style. Pizza in Italy is margarita style. Sauce and buffalo mozzerella. Pizza like that is all over Italy. Pizzeria Uno was started in Chicago by a soldier who was in Italy and ate their style. And they eat it with a fork there.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#97436 Apr 5, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
Have you seen if the show has a website? If Dog's recollection is not the one on the show, that often has specific contact info

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97437 Apr 5, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97438 Apr 5, 2014
greenwichvillage wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly true. Pizza as we know it here..loaded with stuff, is American style. Pizza in Italy is margarita style. Sauce and buffalo mozzerella. Pizza like that is all over Italy. Pizzeria Uno was started in Chicago by a soldier who was in Italy and ate their style. And they eat it with a fork there.
And oregano is optional and sometimes not even available.(Shudder)

Location hidden

#97439 Apr 5, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen if the show has a website? If Dog's recollection is not the one on the show, that often has specific contact info
Thank you, good idea. I'll check that out. Smiles.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97441 Apr 5, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Don't judge my team by me... I had a rough week. Go Gators!
:)
You will still be judged by your team, even though we love you ;)

Location hidden

#97442 Apr 5, 2014
So, being I'm living up here in cheese land, I don't get much Bears news. Do any of you know why they released Devin Hester? Also was wondering about Peppers?? Info and thoughts please.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97445 Apr 5, 2014
Awesome blog response to Mike Francesa and Boomer Esiason. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5088361...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#97446 Apr 5, 2014
Gators gone.

Go Badgers

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97448 Apr 5, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Gators gone.

Go Badgers
Badgers gone.

After the way the officials called that game, Go Huskies! Even the announcers were like wtf.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#97449 Apr 6, 2014
Go Wildcats.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97450 Apr 6, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Gators gone.
Go Badgers
Strange game, huh?...Gators up 16-4, before UConn remembers how to play....I think UConn coach Kevin Ollie is gonna be a bigtime coach for decades to come....And that same Kentucky guard Harrison has beaten thre big schools, all with winning or last second threes....

Location hidden

#97451 Apr 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Strange game, huh?...Gators up 16-4, before UConn remembers how to play....I think UConn coach Kevin Ollie is gonna be a bigtime coach for decades to come....And that same Kentucky guard Harrison has beaten thre big schools, all with winning or last second threes....
Both games were good. Not the outcome I expected from the Wisconsin game. A bit disappointed considering they owned the game the first half, but you have to give kudos to Harrison. Great player.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,497,941
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Maverick 808 237,732
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Mothra 63,392
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 10 hr Willie Wackoff 6
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr TRD 71,396
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 10 hr GEORGIA 2,486
Review: 24hrTrash 11 hr Steve smith 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages