Evanston IL

#97241 Mar 28, 2014

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97242 Mar 28, 2014
squishymama wrote:
That is very cool. Can you imagine having an eagle on your arm?
Timmy

United States

#97243 Mar 28, 2014
Exactly what illegal sexaul activity are your referring to? The article gave NO indication of the girl doing anything illegal. Just as kids have been complaining about teachers for as long as there have been teachers, they also flirt with other students. The only difference is now that some of that is done on-line. Nothing illegal about it. If the boy's parents didn't like it, they should take it up with their son and maybe the girl's parents - not the school.
edogxxx wrote:
Does "cyberbullying" take place on school grounds, or home? It's ok for the school to intervene in that situation, but not potentially illegal sexual activity?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97244 Mar 28, 2014
squishymama wrote:
Wow! I love the article and the pictures. Plus, the comments are overwhelmingly positive.

They are both beautiful.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97245 Mar 28, 2014
Way cool. You gotta have trust, when you have a creature that can rip your face open right next to you.
squishymama wrote:

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97247 Mar 28, 2014
Squishy provided the sweet. Not for the not-so-sweet:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/03/27/rat...

Eek!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97248 Mar 28, 2014
NOW for the not-so-sweet.

(sigh)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97249 Mar 28, 2014
Toj wrote:
Eek!
Holy sh*t!!!!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97250 Mar 28, 2014
Why can't Chicago get one of these?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97251 Mar 28, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy sh*t!!!!
Exactly! I might have thought about moving out and letting it have the house.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97252 Mar 28, 2014
Toj wrote:

Eek!
My husband would be scared out of his gourd. Yuck!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97253 Mar 28, 2014
Toj wrote:
Why can't Chicago get one of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Go9rf9GmYpMXX
That is awesome!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#97254 Mar 28, 2014
Timmy wrote:
Exactly what illegal sexaul activity are your referring to? The article gave NO indication of the girl doing anything illegal. Just as kids have been complaining about teachers for as long as there have been teachers, they also flirt with other students. The only difference is now that some of that is done on-line. Nothing illegal about it. If the boy's parents didn't like it, they should take it up with their son and maybe the girl's parents - not the school.
<quoted text>
I said POTENTIALLY illegal activity. There's nothing illegal about flirting, but it is illegal for minors to engage in sexual activity

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97255 Mar 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I said POTENTIALLY illegal activity. There's nothing illegal about flirting, but it is illegal for minors to engage in sexual activity
Nope, it isn't. It is illegal if an adult or a much older minor engages in sexual activity with a minor who is determined to be too young to give consent, given the power imbalance.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97256 Mar 28, 2014
The thing that most upsets me about this is the quote by the police chief.

http://m.njherald.com/w/main/story/112466004/

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97257 Mar 28, 2014
Exactly, so this girl should be humiliated and bullied by the cops and the school over a POTENTIAL problem? Total BS. Your the one decrying the loss of due process and here you just chucked it all out the window? You LIBERAL! Screaming about how the many need to be protected, so lets trample the rights of the few!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I said POTENTIALLY illegal activity. There's nothing illegal about flirting, but it is illegal for minors to engage in sexual activity

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97259 Mar 28, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
The thing that most upsets me about this is the quote by the police chief.
http://m.njherald.com/w/main/story/112466004/
There's a bunch of quotes. Which one?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#97260 Mar 28, 2014
RACE wrote:
Exactly, so this girl should be humiliated and bullied by the cops and the school over a POTENTIAL problem?
Humiliated and bullied? That's HER assessment (or yours.) They were investigating a POTENTIAL problem, wah if she felt "humiliated." And preventing POTENTIAL problems is the school's job, no? When a girl kills herself because she was bullied, you're the first person to say "why didn't the school do something sooner!?"
RACE wrote:
Your the one decrying the loss of due process and here you just chucked it all out the window? You LIBERAL! Screaming about how the many need to be protected, so lets trample the rights of the few!
For the second time, a minor doesn't have the same rights as adults, a concept you seem unable to grasp. This is on school property, and due process wouldn't come into play anyway. Nobody's rights were "trampled."

And it's YOU'RE. YOU'RE the one....

And who's the dam "touching" troll?

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97261 Mar 28, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>There's a bunch of quotes. Which one?
This one, makes it sound like the teacher's fault-

"It was kids being kids, and they were being told to cover up," Sparta Police Sgt. John-Paul Beebe said. "It wasn't a problem until the teacher came to this one table."

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97262 Mar 28, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
This one, makes it sound like the teacher's fault-
"It was kids being kids, and they were being told to cover up," Sparta Police Sgt. John-Paul Beebe said. "It wasn't a problem until the teacher came to this one table."
My imagination took over after reading that I could envision some teacher thinking it was a perfect time to be the MAN. Ya, that didn't work out so well.

The kids were wrong for doing it, but sounds like he had a part in inciting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Dr Guru 191,982
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min John Galt 1,250,625
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 37 min Psylocke 78
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 53 min White_Lightning 6,138
Word (Dec '08) 54 min White_Lightning 5,321
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min Agents of Corruption 53,923
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mark 52,015
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages