Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97222 Mar 27, 2014
RACE wrote:
So a beehive hairdo (popular in the 50's) is also a reason for expulsion? What about the midget kids who cant see past anybody? Expell the whole class?
And oh great one, what is supposed to be the focus of the classroom if not the teacher?
<quoted text>
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com /2012/04/18/the-sculpture/

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97224 Mar 28, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#97225 Mar 28, 2014
RACE wrote:
show me the quote in the story where the girl was accused of bullying. Bet you cant.
<quoted text>
Sexual communication with another student, then. Same principle

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97226 Mar 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a school matter.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97227 Mar 28, 2014
RACE wrote:
I seem to remember being clocked with an eraser for not paying attention to the teacher. I should have sued...
We just had a local, young woman teacher arrested for having sex with her male students.......Geez...In my day, my teacher would'nt even let me bang the erasers.....

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97228 Mar 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We just had a local, young woman teacher arrested for having sex with her male students.......Geez...In my day, my teacher would'nt even let me bang the erasers.....
Unfortunately, that has been happening here with alarming frequency

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97229 Mar 28, 2014
Ha!
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> We just had a local, young woman teacher arrested for having sex with her male students.......Geez...In my day, my teacher would'nt even let me bang the erasers.....

“reign in blood”

Melrose Park, IL

#97230 Mar 28, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's not a school matter.
The hell it ain't, they're both students of the school.

“Where is Tonka?”

#97231 Mar 28, 2014
It is not!
One is intimidation the other is foreplay.
No wonder your sexlifesucks
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“reign in blood”

Melrose Park, IL

#97232 Mar 28, 2014
RACE wrote:
Unless Chel was your teacher, that just creepy,
and if it was your gym teacher, thats even creepier.
<quoted text>
Actually, my first gym teacher in elementary school WAS female. Wasn't attracted to her though, she was in her fifties. And missing a fingernail on her left index finger.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97233 Mar 28, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, that has been happening here with alarming frequency
Yeah, not only some jailtime, but their career is shot.....

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97234 Mar 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>The hell it ain't, they're both students of the school.
If it happened on school time or property, that is school business.

Consensual discussions in their parents' houses after school hours? The parents need to do their jobs, not expect the school or the cops to discipline their children.

“reign in blood”

Melrose Park, IL

#97235 Mar 28, 2014
Does "cyberbullying" take place on school grounds, or home? It's ok for the school to intervene in that situation, but not potentially illegal sexual activity?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97236 Mar 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
p.s. your constitutional rights -besides the right to life after you're born- don't kick in until you're 18 (don't tell that to the anti-abortion activists) until then, parents, or the government, control you. Sorry about your luck.
And that is the problem: her PARENTS were not called nor were they present during this interrogation.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97237 Mar 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Does "cyberbullying" take place on school grounds, or home? It's ok for the school to intervene in that situation, but not potentially illegal sexual activity?
1) Cyberbullying is not consensual. It is also usually an extension of what is happening at school. The schools can then alert authorities, but they are not responsible for punishing students for after school activities.
2) what is potentially illegal about two teenagers who are (I assume) the same age talking about sex?

I don't like the trend I am seeing with schools overreaching their authority. They should alert the authorities if they find out about illegal activities, but they shouldn't be suspending or expelling students for activities that take place off school grounds, not at school sponsored events, and not related to daily school life.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#97238 Mar 28, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
I just reread some of the articles about this girl. She was originally given an in-school suspension because she wrote on FB that she hated one of the aides because she was mean. She didn't threaten the side or distribute personal information about her in an attempt to harass the aide. She just told her friends that she thought the aide was mean.

How does that warrant suspension?!

“Where is Tonka?”

#97239 Mar 28, 2014
It doesn't. As someone pointed out, the kid is doing what kids have been doing ever since school was invented, complaining about their teachers.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I just reread some of the articles about this girl. She was originally given an in-school suspension because she wrote on FB that she hated one of the aides because she was mean. She didn't threaten the side or distribute personal information about her in an attempt to harass the aide. She just told her friends that she thought the aide was mean.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97240 Mar 28, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you said in your previous post -- overreaching. Perhaps they believe they are protecting their teachers by squashing any negative comments about them.

This particular school cannot be a good one in my view.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97241 Mar 28, 2014

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97242 Mar 28, 2014
squishymama wrote:
That is very cool. Can you imagine having an eagle on your arm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,523,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min SweLL GirL 10,597
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min District 1 240,395
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,470
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 3,125
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 6 hr John Bearden 7
Cruel or Funny Pranks 8 hr AzzHoles 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages