Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97173 Mar 26, 2014
Toj wrote:
Can you imagine? A woman who believes she is pregnant with quintuplets goes to the hospital to have them, and well -- SURPRISE!
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/woman-p...
The Police Sgt. say's, "We suspect some mental issues"......
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97174 Mar 26, 2014
RACE wrote:
Accckkkk!
Why? You have really nice hair.
<quoted text>
It's still nice, just shorter.
yes, I loved it long and found it beautiful but it was such a pain to manage!
My hair is so thick and very dry. It takes a long time to wash and drying is a chore. Then I have to straighten it or I look like a poofy mushroom head.

It was so heavy and with it getting warmer (I do live in FL) I just needed it off my shoulders. Found myself pulling it up or back most days, which defeats the purpose.

It's really cute though. Most kids loved it. Got "sophisticated" and "sassy." I need more sass.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97175 Mar 26, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
I slept with the window open last night, it was in the 50s. Lovely.
50's is lovely?? You are mental!
It was barely 60 today and i was freezing! Had my portable heater under my desk going...

I hate our bipolar weather. Yesterday was dreary but in the 70's.
Today was bright and sunny and freezing.
Tomorrow overcast and almost 80.
ACK! It really messes up my outfit selection.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97176 Mar 26, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you're right on both accounts. The parents even said something to the effect of "yeah, we signed the paper but didn't pay much attention to it."
But regardless if they paid attention to the rules, the rules is the rules. If you break them, even unknowingly, then you have to accept the consequences and the kid would learn a valuable lesson that she will never forget. Instead, she's learned that she can be a pouty pants and get her way. Which, in fact, does not always work in the real world.
Please don't get me wrong, I think that these types of zero-tolerance rules are completely idiotic. They are employed so that adminstrators don't have to do any work.
Eh....I'm an educator and we have rules but I don't think these blanklet B&W approaches are working.
We had a teacher fighr cancer last year and they shaved his head on the morning show. Several teachers did in support. It wasn't a distraction.
The kid who comes with a 2 foot high purple mohawk is a distraction.

Same with 0 tolerance......0 common sense.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#97177 Mar 26, 2014
River Song wrote:
Another story about a little girl with hair the school finds objectionable. In this case the school is private so they can do what they want, but it's still horrible to treat a child this way. She should be allowed to be herself.
http://www.wset.com/story/25061872/little-gir...
A lot of parents who opt to send their kids to charter schools are surprised that they don't have the same" griping rights" as they do in public schools for just the reason you mention- private vs public.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97178 Mar 26, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>More accurately, they are created so that admins don't have to do any thinking and analysis. So that admins can't be held accountable for makiing a decision that turns out to be the wrong one. One that perhaps showed poor judgement. Its not my decisoon. We gave a policy.
DING DING DING
We have a winner.
Our admin basically tells us to solve everything; send nothing to them.
It's infuriating seeing them not step up.
Flatliner mouth-breathers steal your decent child's education when they always have to be addressed. I hate it! I wish we had schools between regular and the alt-ed (where knifers and psychos go) for these kids who waste space and air.
And it's my fault I can't get him to read. Not his home life or the things that happened the first 14 years.....admin is useless since it's only about numbers and keeping the school looking good.
Prins get in trouble for too many referrals so issues go unresolved. This is why bullying isn't addressed properly. You would have to suspend some bullies every month, since they cycle back and start over after a suspension!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#97179 Mar 26, 2014
RACE wrote:
ok dog, went back and read articl provided. Apparently shaved heads are banned. So kudos for the kid for
"fighting da man"
The article I read did not mention that specifically
Considering how common the whole "shaving my head to support my friend on chemo" has become it is ridiculous that they have it in their rules. Heck, I've seen stories on the new dozens of times about principals or teachers doing just that to support a kid or other teacher/admin person going through chemo.
Timmy

United States

#97181 Mar 26, 2014
I always thought it was "fairyman".
Department Of Corrections wrote:
<quoted text>Two things" It's "Ferrerman" and it's a little late for you to pretend you don't know "Angelique".
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97182 Mar 26, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Considering how common the whole "shaving my head to support my friend on chemo" has become it is ridiculous that they have it in their rules. Heck, I've seen stories on the new dozens of times about principals or teachers doing just that to support a kid or other teacher/admin person going through chemo.
We did it last year for a teacher.
It was probably on the books from long ago and they decide to get picky on that.
And then you have the other spectrum, schools like mine, which have things on the books and ignore too many so you have kids with purple mohawks, pants to their knees, girls wearing tights as pants without butts covered *shudder*, too many piercings, etc...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97183 Mar 26, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
ignore too many so you have kids with ...pants to their knees.
?? What's wrong with that? Does your school not allow shorts? I went to catholic school, so we had a uniform, but my kids go to public school and shorts is the norm, weather permitting

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97184 Mar 26, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
but I don't believe that the parents and the student were ignorant of the no buzz cuts rule.
In most scenarios in life, I am more willing to believe ignorance and apathy than deliberate acts.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97185 Mar 26, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of spouse does not go to a single OB/Gyn appointment to see a sonogram or hear the heartbeats?
I went to one for each kid, but really, I don't feel like I would have missed much had I not. Seeing a blur pulsing on the screen didn't really leave any lasting effect on me. Seeing the sonogram printout was the only real memorable part of that and you don't need to be present for it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97186 Mar 26, 2014
I dont see a mohawk as being anymore distraction than a bald head or a head with golden flowing locks...
The teacher is supposed to be the focus of the room, not some headwear.
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh....I'm an educator and we have rules but I don't think these blanklet B&W approaches are working.
We had a teacher fighr cancer last year and they shaved his head on the morning show. Several teachers did in support. It wasn't a distraction.
The kid who comes with a 2 foot high purple mohawk is a distraction.
Same with 0 tolerance......0 common sense.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97187 Mar 26, 2014
Oh boo-hoo!
It's RACE not racist, and I never pretended to know or not know anybody, so just what is your point? Right, you dont have one, so just STFU and go away.
You spend days whining about how nobody gives you a chance, so I shut up and let you hang yourself and you still blame me.
Pathetic.
Department Of Corrections wrote:
<quoted text>Two things" It's "Ferrerman" and it's a little late for you to pretend you don't know "Angelique".

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97188 Mar 26, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>?? What's wrong with that? Does your school not allow shorts? I went to catholic school, so we had a uniform, but my kids go to public school and shorts is the norm, weather permitting
I think she meant that the waist of the pants was located at the knee.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97189 Mar 27, 2014

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97190 Mar 27, 2014

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97191 Mar 27, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I went to one for each kid, but really, I don't feel like I would have missed much had I not. Seeing a blur pulsing on the screen didn't really leave any lasting effect on me. Seeing the sonogram printout was the only real memorable part of that and you don't need to be present for it.
But you went for each kid. You and your wife were a team.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97192 Mar 27, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
But you went for each kid. You and your wife were a team.
I can't hold it against the dude for not attending all voluntary team meetings.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97193 Mar 27, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I can't hold it against the dude for not attending all voluntary team meetings.
I suspect she encouraged him not to attend the doctor's appointments...because there were none and that would have blown her story. She is clearly a very ill lady.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min RealDave 1,395,067
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Jacques Orleans 216,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Into The Night 60,077
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,672
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,693
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,722
Louis trashes the broad. 3 hr bozo and bubba 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages