Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97187 Mar 26, 2014
Oh boo-hoo!
It's RACE not racist, and I never pretended to know or not know anybody, so just what is your point? Right, you dont have one, so just STFU and go away.
You spend days whining about how nobody gives you a chance, so I shut up and let you hang yourself and you still blame me.
Pathetic.
Department Of Corrections wrote:
<quoted text>Two things" It's "Ferrerman" and it's a little late for you to pretend you don't know "Angelique".

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97188 Mar 26, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>?? What's wrong with that? Does your school not allow shorts? I went to catholic school, so we had a uniform, but my kids go to public school and shorts is the norm, weather permitting
I think she meant that the waist of the pants was located at the knee.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97189 Mar 27, 2014

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97190 Mar 27, 2014

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97191 Mar 27, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I went to one for each kid, but really, I don't feel like I would have missed much had I not. Seeing a blur pulsing on the screen didn't really leave any lasting effect on me. Seeing the sonogram printout was the only real memorable part of that and you don't need to be present for it.
But you went for each kid. You and your wife were a team.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97192 Mar 27, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
But you went for each kid. You and your wife were a team.
I can't hold it against the dude for not attending all voluntary team meetings.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#97193 Mar 27, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I can't hold it against the dude for not attending all voluntary team meetings.
I suspect she encouraged him not to attend the doctor's appointments...because there were none and that would have blown her story. She is clearly a very ill lady.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97194 Mar 27, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect she encouraged him not to attend the doctor's appointments...because there were none and that would have blown her story. She is clearly a very ill lady.
That's a good point. With us, my wife was in the driver's seat as far as the medical side of her pregnancies. If she never said, "I have an appt this thu and they're gonna do a sonogram. Are you gonna come?", I likely would never have thought about it or brought it up on my own

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97196 Mar 27, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect she encouraged him not to attend the doctor's appointments...because there were none and that would have blown her story. She is clearly a very ill lady.
My husband would have been suspicious if I never asked him to come with me to an appointment.

Plus, with quints there would have come a time when she was so big that she couldn't drive. Either the husband is completely clueless or he was so desperate that he ignored a lot of red flags.

The woman needs help, but I have no sympathy for the man in this situation.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97197 Mar 27, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband would have been suspicious if I never asked him to come with me to an appointment.
Plus, with quints there would have come a time when she was so big that she couldn't drive. Either the husband is completely clueless or he was so desperate that he ignored a lot of red flags.
The woman needs help, but I have no sympathy for the man in this situation.
What I find fascinating is that she did get big and people with this psychological ailment do. The 'net explained it (okay -- WebMD) is b/c it is the pituitary gland that controls it.

They said: "The hallmark sign of pseudocyesis that is common to all cases is that the affected patient is convinced that she is pregnant. Abdominal distension is the most common physical symptom of pseudocyesis (6090%). The abdomen expands in the same manner as it does during pregnancy, so that the affected woman looks pregnant. These symptoms often resolve under general anesthesia and the woman's abdomen returns to its normal size."

Very weird.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97198 Mar 27, 2014
TMI if you ask me!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Very weird.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97200 Mar 27, 2014
I cant believe the school did this. I would not have settled for only 70k
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/scho...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97202 Mar 27, 2014
RACE wrote:
I cant believe the school did this. I would not have settled for only 70k
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/scho...
If the school officials had a real concern, why wouldn't they call in the parents and have a sit-down? It's because they didn't. That's just creepy what they did. The sheriff was there to intimidate.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97203 Mar 27, 2014
RACE wrote:
I cant believe the school did this. I would not have settled for only 70k
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/scho...
There are so many things wrong with what the school did! First, they say that they are worried about cyber bullying, but nowhere does it say that she was accused of it.

Also, the mother of the boy was totally out of line when she called the school about the girl. If she didn't like the conversations, then she could have deleted her son's account or blocked the girl. Instead, she tried to get another child in trouble for something that her son participated in.

I agree that this school wasn't the right one for this girl, but think that homeschooling sends the wrong message. Surely, there were other schools she could have transferred to. Keeping her home does not teach her to stand up for herself or how to develop interpersonal skills, it teaches her to hide when things get tough.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#97205 Mar 27, 2014
RACE wrote:
I cant believe the school did this. I would not have settled for only 70k
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/scho...
I really don't see the big deal. She was accused of bullying, and the school and law investigated. So she was "embarrassed," boohoo, show me a teenager who isn't. Now she gets her college paid for?? I wish someone would embarrass me so I could get 70k

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97206 Mar 27, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
There are so many things wrong with what the school did! First, they say that they are worried about cyber bullying, but nowhere does it say that she was accused of it.
Also, the mother of the boy was totally out of line when she called the school about the girl. If she didn't like the conversations, then she could have deleted her son's account or blocked the girl. Instead, she tried to get another child in trouble for something that her son participated in.
I agree that this school wasn't the right one for this girl, but think that homeschooling sends the wrong message. Surely, there were other schools she could have transferred to. Keeping her home does not teach her to stand up for herself or how to develop interpersonal skills, it teaches her to hide when things get tough.
Excellent points!

Homeschoolers have clubs, group activities, sports, and events that parents can sign up for consistently through the school year. It helps homeschooled parents also socialize their homeschooled children. They don't have to just be at home, with mom or dad, doing math and science anymore. Of course, I'm sure there are a lot of homeschoolers whose parents don't use these tools.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97207 Mar 27, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent points!

Homeschoolers have clubs, group activities, sports, and events that parents can sign up for consistently through the school year. It helps homeschooled parents also socialize their homeschooled children. They don't have to just be at home, with mom or dad, doing math and science anymore. Of course, I'm sure there are a lot of homeschoolers whose parents don't use these tools.
I have respect for those parents who put a lot of thought into homeschooling and decide that it is the best option for their children and them. It is a lot of work when it is done right.

IME, many people who make the decision partway through the school year because they disagree with something the school did are not as well prepared or as successful.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97208 Mar 27, 2014
RACE wrote:
I dont see a mohawk as being anymore distraction than a bald head or a head with golden flowing locks...
Um, they were so high they blockied kids' views...yes, distraction, and in the handbook.
The teacher is supposed to be the focus of the room, not some headwear.
<quoted text>
Spoken like a non-educator...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97209 Mar 27, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she meant that the waist of the pants was located at the knee.
;)

I have seen too many middle school boys' underwear...I need therapy and hazardous pay!

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97210 Mar 27, 2014
And I doubt they could get the kid to give up her pwds without a court order. From zero tolerance to selective harassment.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
If the school officials had a real concern, why wouldn't they call in the parents and have a sit-down? It's because they didn't. That's just creepy what they did. The sheriff was there to intimidate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Waxman Incorrecto 1,785,337
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 12 min MPMMB 175
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 min MPMMB 12,424
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr MPMMB 3,931
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 1 hr MPMMB 146
As Goes Walmart, So Goes America (Jun '14) 2 hr Andy 4
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 3 hr Bodine 137

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages