Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97119 Mar 26, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is Wen?
And chunzel, when we get married, you're forbidden from cutting your hair that short
It's a unique cleansing/styling line for hair. It's not cheap, but it's supposed to be wonderful. So far I am really liking it!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97120 Mar 26, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky you! I'm a bit jealous.
I told someone here at work that 2 weeks ago I thought to myself I should get my wear out of my turtlenecks so I get my use before Spring hits.
Hmmmm, doesn't seem to be a problem really.
I am very confused. DO you order it right from Wen?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97121 Mar 26, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very confused. DO you order it right from Wen?
Nope. The cheapest place to get it is on QVC. In June they sell the gallons (yes, gallon size!) that turns out to be cheaper. I wait for the specials and then stock up. It's b/c of the special sometimes they have something you've never tried that's thrown in. Then you use it and, ack!-- you end up liking it and then you're stuck you have to have it.

I have the mousse to try. Never used it. We'll see how that works. I had the styling creme and the gloss for a long time before I actually used them. Then when I did I liked them, so... There's a learning curve, though, I'm finding. The mmore I use it, the better I am at using it and just knowing how much, how long to leave in, etc.

Plus I watch all the Wen stuff on QVC and they give a lot of tips about using the products.

Tea Tree will repeal ticks and help with the dog's skin. They have Wen Pets now though which is cheaper than using the regular Wen on the dog.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97122 Mar 26, 2014
As boring as this stuff is to read, it is a nice respite from all the bickering that has plagued this thread as of late.

And now I have to get some tree tea to use on my mutt.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#97123 Mar 26, 2014
RACE wrote:
As boring as this stuff is to read, it is a nice respite from all the bickering that has plagued this thread as of late.
Word.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97124 Mar 26, 2014
RACE wrote:
Speaking of mutts, my vet pissed me off yesterday. Called to get refill on his meds. Was told could not get more until they do blood test. Fluck. So i gotta go home after work, get him, drive to vet office( that i would have passed on the way home). They take him back to draw blood. He's not back there but a minute before lady at front desk has meds and is ready to take my payment. So I KNOW that there was no way his blood was analyzed in any way before deciding to grant me a refill of the same meds. Just a required formality to get bloodwork money from me. And waste my fn time.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97125 Mar 26, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The cheapest place to get it is on QVC. In June they sell the gallons (yes, gallon size!) that turns out to be cheaper. I wait for the specials and then stock up. It's b/c of the special sometimes they have something you've never tried that's thrown in. Then you use it and, ack!-- you end up liking it and then you're stuck you have to have it.
I have the mousse to try. Never used it. We'll see how that works. I had the styling creme and the gloss for a long time before I actually used them. Then when I did I liked them, so... There's a learning curve, though, I'm finding. The mmore I use it, the better I am at using it and just knowing how much, how long to leave in, etc.
Plus I watch all the Wen stuff on QVC and they give a lot of tips about using the products.
Tea Tree will repeal ticks and help with the dog's skin. They have Wen Pets now though which is cheaper than using the regular Wen on the dog.
Well, I called to change my flavor to cucumber this morning, and they will send 3 bottles (minimum)!!! That's a lot!!! I will look at QVC and see what their deal is. It is about 25 a bottle from Wen with the auto shipments.

RACE: You heard her!!! They have Wen for Pets now!!! You can even use it on horses!!!:-)

And this beats politics! I still think I am going to get my hair cut (some), though.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97126 Mar 26, 2014
About tea tree oil (and never use it in full strength. 2% is all you need that's why in the Wen tea tree cleansing conditioner it's perfect b/c it'll clean your mutt and you get the good properties of tea tree oil:

http://www.gettingfreedom.net/tea-tree-oil-a-...

I picked that particular link b/c the properties of it are on the first page and you don't have to hunt so much.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97127 Mar 26, 2014
I wish you could edit posts like you can on FB.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97128 Mar 26, 2014
I'm glad I don't have to ride the El. Be careful out there Chicago people! Although I do ride a train into work everyday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dram...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97129 Mar 26, 2014
Why zero tolerance policies don't work:

http://parade.condenast.com/274479/ashleighsc...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97130 Mar 26, 2014
Toj wrote:
They've already taken a vote to allow an exception. She's aleady back in school and another friend went bald too

#97131 Mar 26, 2014
My old vet did that with my cat! It was that last visit that stressed her so much that the meds I did get were useless, she was too far gone. If they had just given me the meds (she was dying anyway, who cares as long as she is comfortable) instead of trying to soak me for another $50 I could have had her for another couple of weeks... I hate them for that.

New vet keeps refilling mutts pain pills, and they even waived the office visit cost the last time he was in (was only there like 10min, but the other place would have made sure they got that money)

Don't be afraid to shop for another vet, some really do put their patients first.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of mutts, my vet pissed me off yesterday. Called to get refill on his meds. Was told could not get more until they do blood test. Fluck. So i gotta go home after work, get him, drive to vet office( that i would have passed on the way home). They take him back to draw blood. He's not back there but a minute before lady at front desk has meds and is ready to take my payment. So I KNOW that there was no way his blood was analyzed in any way before deciding to grant me a refill of the same meds. Just a required formality to get bloodwork money from me. And waste my fn time.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97132 Mar 26, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>They've already taken a vote to allow an exception. She's aleady back in school and another friend went bald too
Right. It worked out. However, first there was no exception unti lthe mother put up a stink. I think that showcases how zero tolerance does not work. They made an exception so it's not so in stone as they first presented it in the handbook and acted on it that first day.

Scootch the kid home and ask questions later.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97133 Mar 26, 2014
Toj wrote:
The one woman that sent the girl home, needs to be sent home herself....no educator should be that absent common sense.....

#97134 Mar 26, 2014
She should have never been banned to begin with, and it should not be a school boards job to decide whether a person can shave off their hair or not.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>They've already taken a vote to allow an exception. She's aleady back in school and another friend went bald too

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97135 Mar 26, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. It worked out. However, first there was no exception unti lthe mother put up a stink. I think that showcases how zero tolerance does not work. They made an exception so it's not so in stone as they first presented it in the handbook and acted on it that first day.
Scootch the kid home and ask questions later.
I agree. Zero tolerance equals zero critical analysis of any situation. When kids get in trouble for a pop tart in the shape of a gun or a bubble gum machine "gun" keychain, it shows people that are paid to teach our children are incapable/not allowed to think for themselves.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#97136 Mar 26, 2014
Toj wrote:
This si right up there with the girl that got in trouble for taking a razor away froma suicidal friend. No common sense to teh rules anymore!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#97137 Mar 26, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> The one woman that sent the girl home, needs to be sent home herself....no educator should be that absent common sense.....
I guess I missed whatever happened?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#97138 Mar 26, 2014
RACE wrote:
She should have never been banned to begin with, and it should not be a school boards job to decide whether a person can shave off their hair or not.
<quoted text>
I agree that a school should not dictate the length of a students hair. However, that is school policy, agreed on by the school board. If the student did indeed violate school policy, then I have to agree with the school's actions. Do we teach our kids to follow the rules or not? Only follow rules you agree with? That's just more hypocrisy. I'm on the school's side here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,171,880
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques Ottawa 184,282
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min Terrible_Herbst 5,339
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min positronium 50,184
Amy 1-25-14 1 hr Sublime1 2
South Side man faces charges in Englewood shooting 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
3 injured in daytime shootings Saturday 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 15 hr Chooch 73
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News