Im certain I have no idea what your talking about
Timmy wrote:
Ha, you trying to make edog jealous?
<quoted text>
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97006 Mar 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Heh, I had jerry bruckheimer's table tonight or so I was told.
After tonight he's gonna tell everyone he sits at MY table when I'm not here, roflmao.:p
And that's what we'll all say...even if questioned separately.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97007 Mar 24, 2014
Thanks for your eloquence. Have you considered simply finding more like minded people and posting with them?
River Song wrote:
<quoted text>Someone here among you has decided that replying and ignoring aren't the only options. They're reporting every post my friend and I make and getting many of them deleted. So maybe your thread is more exclusive than you let on, given nothing we've said is against the TOS and as has been stated more than once, "no one here cares". It would appear that's not true. Would you happen to know why?
The way people are treated on this thread, many times, is NOT goodhearted. There's also a clear inequity in the way you, yourself, reprimand people for behavior that's clearly NOTHING in comparison to what your "goodhearted" friends frequently post. That's your prerogative, but since you seem to be the person who greets people and addresses concerns, I feel you're the one to talk to. That, and the fact that many other people here who I've yet to have a conversation with have said negative things to me simply based on the fact that I have an opinion different to theirs when it comes to Ferrrerman. I'm tough and I can take guys acting like arseholes and women throwing out catty remarks, but let's be honest: they're not doing so in a good-natured way. Hypocrisy runs rampant here.
I suppose every group eventually falls into that dynamic where they need an 'other' in order to have something with which to compare themselves so that they, as the group, can see themselves as being better people. A whipping boy works well too, and after a few years the negative behavior becomes the norm, so much so that a reasonable person like yourself is willing to look the other way in the name of "goodhearted" friendship with the group. I think that surprises me more than anything I've read here, although the willingness to stay open to someone like Annabella comes close. I guess some people have to be burned twice before they realize they shouldn't touch the stove.
<quoted text> I'm not sure what people here want to talk about because politics are discussed by some, but when others do so they're told "NO POLITICS!". Jokes are welcome......but only when some people tell them. I've seen some very funny posts greeted by personal attacks.
PEllen, if it happened infrequently your advice might not seem so off the mark, but it happens all the time. It's the norm for this group.
So I guess it's up to the person who's consistently being treated like sh!t here to change THEIR behavior? Or they should laugh it off. Or not react. God forbid this group, or at least some of you, actually start behaving the way you would if you were truly the people you claim to be. I see people here I might like to have a conversation with, but what's the price for doing so?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97008 Mar 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you all had a good time! Waiting for pictures
Huh. No one took any. lol
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97009 Mar 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
Im certain I have no idea what your talking about
<quoted text>
YOU'RE!

;)
how incongruous

Downers Grove, IL

#97011 Mar 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
Thanks for your eloquence. Have you considered simply finding more like minded people and posting with them?
<quoted text>
Not all of you people are drunken sots and lackeys. Ever consider that?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#97012 Mar 24, 2014
River Song wrote:
<quoted text>Someone here among you has decided that replying and ignoring aren't the only options. They're reporting every post my friend and I make and getting many of them deleted. So maybe your thread is more exclusive than you let on, given nothing we've said is against the TOS and as has been stated more than once, "no one here cares". It would appear that's not true. Would you happen to know why?
The way people are treated on this thread, many times, is NOT goodhearted. There's also a clear inequity in the way you, yourself, reprimand people for behavior that's clearly NOTHING in comparison to what your "goodhearted" friends frequently post. That's your prerogative, but since you seem to be the person who greets people and addresses concerns, I feel you're the one to talk to. That, and the fact that many other people here who I've yet to have a conversation with have said negative things to me simply based on the fact that I have an opinion different to theirs when it comes to Ferrrerman. I'm tough and I can take guys acting like arseholes and women throwing out catty remarks, but let's be honest: they're not doing so in a good-natured way. Hypocrisy runs rampant here.
I suppose every group eventually falls into that dynamic where they need an 'other' in order to have something with which to compare themselves so that they, as the group, can see themselves as being better people. A whipping boy works well too, and after a few years the negative behavior becomes the norm, so much so that a reasonable person like yourself is willing to look the other way in the name of "goodhearted" friendship with the group. I think that surprises me more than anything I've read here, although the willingness to stay open to someone like Annabella comes close. I guess some people have to be burned twice before they realize they shouldn't touch the stove.
<quoted text> I'm not sure what people here want to talk about because politics are discussed by some, but when others do so they're told "NO POLITICS!". Jokes are welcome......but only when some people tell them. I've seen some very funny posts greeted by personal attacks.
PEllen, if it happened infrequently your advice might not seem so off the mark, but it happens all the time. It's the norm for this group.
So I guess it's up to the person who's consistently being treated like sh!t here to change THEIR behavior? Or they should laugh it off. Or not react. God forbid this group, or at least some of you, actually start behaving the way you would if you were truly the people you claim to be. I see people here I might like to have a conversation with, but what's the price for doing so?
Try to hang on, calling the whambulance for you right now

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#97013 Mar 24, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
A bunch of regs get together and no one thinks to take a picture? Flippin southerners....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97014 Mar 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of regs get together and no one thinks to take a picture? Flippin southerners....
It's funny--driving home I thought how nice it was to have a group of people NOT attached to their cells. I don't even think anyone set their cell on the table by the plate. I hate that. It's so rude. No one was rude.
then it did not happen

Downers Grove, IL

#97015 Mar 24, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like it's back to imaginary people again....

“Where is Tonka?”

#97016 Mar 24, 2014
Maybe...
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
That part was in your mind, dude.

“Where is Tonka?”

#97018 Mar 24, 2014
But... You dont seem to be garnering their interest for conversation. I am not unwelcoming, rather YOU seem to relish is being disagreeable.

Here's a thought...
How about you start your very own thread called "Why is furryman so maligned?" Then all these nice chitown folk who want to join you can? Then you dont have to worry about preconceived notions and false bias cluttering up the thread. The only people who will post are folk who actually give a crap.

Oh, wait.... Yeah, there will only ever be two posters huh?

River Song wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it might be nice to post with people from Chicago since it's where I live, and from what I've observed there are a few people here who aren't as disagreeable and unwelcoming as you are.

“Where is Tonka?”

#97019 Mar 24, 2014
I have some upskirt photos, but their for my private collection...
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“Where is Tonka?”

#97020 Mar 24, 2014
S**ks to be them...
how incongruous wrote:
<quoted text>Not all of you people are drunken sots and lackeys. Ever consider that?
then it did not happen

Downers Grove, IL

#97021 Mar 24, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is a helluva lot more pleasant if your bias is positive and if you don't take yourself too seriously. A sense of humor helps as well as the ability to shrug things off and move on to the next thing.
You should try it sometime, just for sh*ts and giggles
I've been thinking of developing a sense of humor. I've heard good things about sarcasm and might give that a try!
then it did not happen

Downers Grove, IL

#97023 Mar 24, 2014
River Song wrote:
<quoted text>Is this one of those goodhearted posts I've heard so much about?
It looks like racist is circling THE wagon to defend the AmyAbbyville settlers. He's too thick-headed to see we're not trying to win hearts and minds here anymore than he can speak for all the 'townsfolk'. Of course racist and Sub want *Annabella* to come back- they never left her side! racist is taking you and I quite personally here. I got a feeling that someone put him up to it!

“Where is Tonka?”

#97024 Mar 24, 2014
Just trying to be helpful, now its your turn and actually employ some of our goodhearted suggestions. Unless its all a ruse you are using just to bring attention to yourself.
River Song wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, I seem to be getting a lot of goodhearted replies, especially from you and Edog.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#97027 Mar 24, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE!
;)
At least when you hear him talk, you can't tell that he isn't using proper pronunciation

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#97028 Mar 24, 2014
River Song wrote:
<quoted text>Is this one of those goodhearted posts I've heard so much about?
Gonna cry some more?
not fooling anyone

Downers Grove, IL

#97029 Mar 24, 2014
River Song wrote:
<quoted text>He's free to ignore me. I'm not sure what it is he's trying to protect here.
I think he's trying to be some dude's knight in shining armor. AGAIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,580,472
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min They cannot kill ... 11,173
A Different White House. 56 min The Right Guy 1
Trump Just Sux 1 hr Tumpsdun 126
Monster Under My Bed 1 hr hay frog eyes 3
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 1 hr DT made Un blink 18
Super Stalker 4 hr The Monster 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance