Topix Chitown Regulars
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96665 Mar 12, 2014
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I like the gift giving because I like to give someone things they like. But I am pretty standard on giving money for weddings. I guess it's a NY thing <Mimishrug>
The NY reference makes no sense. Plenty of people here give money so I'm not sure that perception.
I find cards and money....easy but without thought. Plus, like I said, you see how poor I am, lol.

Shopping for a gift gives me anxiety. And I don't know what she loves for her home. They both are in mid-late 30's with plenty of stuff. They don't need it, but it's convention, no?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96666 Mar 12, 2014
When I marry, I will do everything in my power to get my guy to elope!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#96668 Mar 13, 2014

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96669 Mar 13, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
The NY reference makes no sense. Plenty of people here give money so I'm not sure that perception.
I find cards and money....easy but without thought. Plus, like I said, you see how poor I am, lol.
Shopping for a gift gives me anxiety. And I don't know what she loves for her home. They both are in mid-late 30's with plenty of stuff. They don't need it, but it's convention, no?
To clarify, in NY, the *majority* of people give money (and not just NY, I think it's more a Northeastern thing). You get very few actual , physical gifts. People give money here, but more often it seems to be gifts vs. money. It doesn't compare. That's how it was at my wedding (in FL) and at the weddings of almost everyone I know down here.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96670 Mar 13, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, too, as I thought about it, you do better with a gift than money if you're poor. You can find a nice, "expensive" gift cheap if you find a good sale or a good deal but you can't hide how much cash you give.:-) Of course, it's a moot point if you hate to shop!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96671 Mar 13, 2014
Race, JMW ... you guys still up for meeting when we come down? Stina too, if you can make it? We are leaving next weekend.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96672 Mar 13, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Race, JMW ... you guys still up for meeting when we come down? Stina too, if you can make it? We are leaving next weekend.
I don't know if I'll be able to make it over that way, but if you guys plan something, have jmw or RACE text me when you set it up (date and time) and I'll let you guys know if I can make the drive. I would love to if I could!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96674 Mar 13, 2014
Travel Agent wrote:
Don't forget Jay Lee!
Oh, yeah....
I thought she moved to Texas? I could be wrong, I've got too much of my own life going on to keep track of the lives of anonymous internet posters. Job, family, friends, a life of my own.... You know... or maybe not.... Sorry, man

Some people can learn to deal with the poor hand life gives them and overcome. Some can't. Again... sorry, man
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96675 Mar 13, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
He...this sounds like a FL meet! Hrmp.*pouts*

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96678 Mar 13, 2014
Travel Agent wrote:
Yes, you are.
Thanks for taking the time to write about how much you don't care. Again.....
You're welcome!

Thanks for keeping tabs on everything for us!

Write this in your notebook, today, March 13th, I'm wearing green panties!

We might need to reference that later. Thanks for your eidetic anamnesis in case it comes up later!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#96680 Mar 13, 2014
I just poured some chicken soup down the drain.

:D

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#96681 Mar 13, 2014
Travel Agent wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget Jay Lee!
Oh, yeah....
I thought it was funny.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96682 Mar 14, 2014
Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TN9RIVOT0M...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TU6GJ48QRJ...

Tried to post Ellie again, but I don't think it took. She must have some type of super-advanced copyright blocking mechanism on her column

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96683 Mar 14, 2014
Here's her link, though

http://ellieadvice.com/column.php

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96684 Mar 14, 2014
Travel Agent wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you wearing green panties? It isn't St. Patty's yet..
My pink ones were in the wash

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96685 Mar 14, 2014
I'm good, just let me know the dates. Are you still going to SB or where?
Sublime1 wrote:

“Where is Tonka?”

#96686 Mar 14, 2014
Or you could always take the train. I can pick you up, yanno return the favor and all that.
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I'll be able to make it over that way, but if you guys plan something, have jmw or RACE text me when you set it up (date and time) and I'll let you guys know if I can make the drive. I would love to if I could!

“Where is Tonka?”

#96687 Mar 14, 2014
I dont recall you being excluded....
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
He...this sounds like a FL meet! Hrmp.*pouts*
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96688 Mar 14, 2014
RACE wrote:
I dont recall you being excluded....
<quoted text>
Since I have no idea what ya'll are talking about.....fill me in instead of making snarky remarks.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96689 Mar 14, 2014
RACE wrote:
I'm good, just let me know the dates. Are you still going to SB or where?
<quoted text>
We are still going to SB. We'll be down there on the 22nd and coming back on the 27th. We don't have a full week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min OMG 1,744,804
last post wins! (Dec '10) 34 min They cannot kill ... 3,265
last post wins! (Apr '13) 35 min They cannot kill ... 2,838
ms 13 38 min DEAD SERIOUS 7
Narcississtic Pissant Teens Wanna Ban the AR-15 3 hr Libertarian 16
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 3 hr Libertarian 141
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 3 hr Libertarian 163

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages