“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96556 Mar 10, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Something I used to do a week before the time change is slowly make my kid go to bed 15 minutes earlier. By the time the clocks changed, his inner clock had been reset a bit.
How old was he? My older one is 7 1/2 and I don't make him go to bed on the weekends the same time as during the week. Saturday night, ny wife told him it was time for bed and he said "I don't have school tomorrow. I'm gonna go down and watch tv with dad."
He came down and watch basketball. By 11:15 or 11:30 he was out. I left him there till it I was ready for bed. Then I walked him to his room.

Shifting sleep one hour does not seem a big problem to me. Some nights I'm in bed at 11:15. Other nights after midnight, pushing 1 am.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#96558 Mar 10, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
I don't understand all you people that need time to adjust.
When you don't have to be at work til 9, I can understand. When you have to leave the house at 5, it's a different story. Just as I was getting used to sunlight in the morning, it's now dark again. Reminding me why I hate winter. And I try to go to bed early when I have to work the next day. The sun being up till 9pm doesn't help.
END DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! Where's the petition??

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#96559 Mar 10, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Just as I was getting used to sunlight in the morning, it's now dark again.
This plays zero role in my sleep and I fail to see how it pays a role in yours. Does the sun wake you up in the morning? I wake up when my alarm goes off. Whether its dark out or light out makes no difference. Alarm wakes me up, I get up and take care of what I need t take care of.(Make breakfast for the kids. Make lunch for the kids. Have my breakfast. Get myself ready. etc...)

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#96560 Mar 10, 2014
The sun doesn't necessarily affect how i wake up... when i was out of work, i could wake up around 8, say goodbye to hubby when he left, watch some tv and fall back asleep until noon. the problem would be when i had to get up to do something by 9, but then, i'd nap or fall asleep at a "normal" hour (instead of 2, 2.30, 3 in the morning).

now that i'm back to work - woo hoo!- it's amazingly tiring to be at work. last week, on the 3rd day back, i could have taken a nap at lunch time. i came home, napped from 5:30-8, woke up for dinner, and fell dead-to-the-world asleep at 11 or so, and slept through the night.

today was a little better... easier to wake up and get rolling, but i forgot how long it takes me to get "work ready" in the morning... eh, its a work in progress...

PS, thanks for the good thoughts, everyone!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#96561 Mar 10, 2014
so, your saying that you have been gettin up at 7 for the past few months, and now gettin up at 6 has not disrupted your cycle?
I dont buy that. Our internal clock is not linked to your alarm clock.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> This plays zero role in my sleep and I fail to see how it pays a role in yours. Does the sun wake you up in the morning? I wake up when my alarm goes off. Whether its dark out or light out makes no difference. Alarm wakes me up, I get up and take care of what I need t take care of.(Make breakfast for the kids. Make lunch for the kids. Have my breakfast. Get myself ready. etc...)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#96562 Mar 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
so, your saying that you have been gettin up at 7 for the past few months, and now gettin up at 6 has not disrupted your cycle?
I dont buy that. Our internal clock is not linked to your alarm clock.
<quoted text>
I get up at 6, so I guess that means today I got up at what would have been 5 last week. And I have no "cycle". With me, its about the amount of sleep I get, not whether that block is shifted forward or back by an hour. I went to bed at 1:15 last night. Its now 11:22 and I'm doing my taxes. Will go to bed whenever I feel like I've gotten to a good stopping point, or I finish them. Either way, I'll be up at 6 to get the chillrens ready for school.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96563 Mar 10, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just getting used to the sun coming up as I leave in the morning, now it's dark again :/ And what are you doing here at this hour? No school again? How was the strawberry festival? Get plenty of strawberries?
Spring Break, yo!
"Again"--unpaid, FYI...
Festival was...festival. Too crowded and too overpriced.
I haven't eaten strawberries in forever....I did get too much cotton candy.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96564 Mar 10, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty bad but we slept till about 10:30 (which would have been 9:30). Church is at 11 and it about 20-30 minutes away, depending on traffic. I did change my clock, and
I was mad I didn't set the alarm, but usually my daughter is up by 7:30 (which, even with the time change, would have been fine) and I am usually up on the weekends around 8ish myself. If nothing else, the dogs will usually wake one of us to go out. None of that happened! I wouldn't have minded being even 15-20 minutes late, but even that was a long shot at that point!!!
It wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't have a kid. It would annoy me and I'd be grumpy, but it would be more of an annoyance. But with a kid, it's really a pain getting her back on track. And her standardized writing tests are this week as well as a couple of other big tests and I know she's going to be "off" for a few days. That's where I get mad about it.
Dang, that is sleeping in.
After my bro, my body just refuses to sleep in much anymore!
My dumb neighbor's car alarm going off this morning ruined any tiny bit if sleeping in on spring break I was hoping for.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96565 Mar 10, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> This plays zero role in my sleep and I fail to see how it pays a role in yours. Does the sun wake you up in the morning? I wake up when my alarm goes off. Whether its dark out or light out makes no difference. Alarm wakes me up, I get up and take care of what I need t take care of.(Make breakfast for the kids. Make lunch for the kids. Have my breakfast. Get myself ready. etc...)
I generally wake before my alarm. Even if I set the alarm earlier, I wake earlier. It's like my body knows...after bro's sitch gave me temporary insomnia, I have been messed up ever since. Finally sleep without meds, so that is progress!:)

In related news, my ghetto cell does not auto change the time! Even though it states it and I set it to, it won't. I use it as my alarm. Luckily, I learned that back in fall when it didn't hurt to be early to church! So I set it back before sleeping this time. ;)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96567 Mar 10, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love how all the stores have Plant City strawberries this time of the year - and they're cheap!!!
Up here too. Kind of weird looking at a package of fruit and thinking Cheluzal is there

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96568 Mar 11, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
This plays zero role in my sleep and I fail to see how it pays a role in yours.
??

Who said it did? I never said anything about SLEEP. It's nice to see the sun in the morning. As it is now, I don't see daylight until I leave work.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96569 Mar 11, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96570 Mar 11, 2014

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#96571 Mar 11, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
??
Who said it did? I never said anything about SLEEP. It's nice to see the sun in the morning. As it is now, I don't see daylight until I leave work.
Who? Uh....that's what this conversation was about. The time shift messing up people's sleep cycle and taking days to adjust. Seemed like you were chiming in to agree that yours is messed up too. So you're saying that your big complaint is when you are used to seeing te sun? Boo friggin hoo.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96572 Mar 11, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Who? Uh....that's what this conversation was about. The time shift messing up people's sleep cycle and taking days to adjust. Seemed like you were chiming in to agree that yours is messed up too. So you're saying that your big complaint is when you are used to seeing te sun? Boo friggin hoo.
The boo friggin hoo part is being teased with morning sunlight for a few weeks, then BAM, taken away in the blink of an eye

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96573 Mar 11, 2014
SO I knew they were talking about doing away with the time change in FL, but I DIDN'T realize till this morning that they are talking about keeping DST. In other words, in the winter, we'd be AHEAD of EST by an hour (and you Chicagoans by 2 hours). It would be the Atlantic Time Zone. Like Puerto Rico. That's screwy. And I am not sure I'd like having to work until 6 PM.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96574 Mar 11, 2014
Arizona does not change times. They seem to do just fine.

Up here, in NW Indiana, the time zone shifts county by county which really screws things up

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96575 Mar 11, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Up here, in NW Indiana, the time zone shifts county by county which really screws things up
I would LOVE to stop changing times! I just thought we'd be EST half the year and CST the other half. But Atlantic??? We'd be the only state in the union with that. Though I wonder, if we did it, if other east coast states would follow suit.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96576 Mar 11, 2014
PEllen wrote:
I remember touring with a choir in the midwest in high school and I remember that the IN times were weird.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#96577 Mar 11, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
SO I knew they were talking about doing away with the time change in FL, but I DIDN'T realize till this morning that they are talking about keeping DST. In other words, in the winter, we'd be AHEAD of EST by an hour (and you Chicagoans by 2 hours). It would be the Atlantic Time Zone. Like Puerto Rico. That's screwy. And I am not sure I'd like having to work until 6 PM.
Aw hell no. But how would that work? Florida isn't any more east than the rest of the east coast. So Florida could end up in a different time zone than Georgia? Who's the idiot that came up with THAT idea?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Valid Points 58 min Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 1 hr GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 2 hr ligolyser 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,153,060
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr JOEL 70,988
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web