<quoted text>
Plain awesome!!!
EEE would just go crazy over that.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96529 Mar 7, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
More cracked out Florida news:
http://news.yahoo.com/florida-parents-arreste...
My goodness, West Virginia and Arkansas don't have shyte on Florida!
Nice.....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96530 Mar 7, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
He would come over EVERY SINGLE TIME we sat outside...He was really weird and he would stay the whole time we were out there and talk our ears off. So we stopped going outside.
I hate the trait in people that compels them to need to be friends with everyone. We bought dirt by each other; we're not friends.
Then the lifting up one blind and watching my wife started and it went all down hill after that...They are so weird ... they said something about being jealous and feeling left out because we hang out and get along with their neighbors on the other side of them
Oh my geez--are they in middle school?
He's terrified of me tho (and I've never threatened him or anything). He went over to another neighbors house and started crying about how scared he is of me. I'm not kidding. Tears streaming down his face. Both him and his wife.
That's awesome! I always joke I want to be the crazy neighbor my neighbors are scared of upsetting. I have a creepo across from me who stands out and gets in everyone's business. He's the reason I got my gun and I make sure he sees me carry cases inside. I had dad come over and give him evil eye. He's a busybody and I refuse to even wave at him.
They are so weird, when they pull in the garage no one gets out of the car until the garage door is down and they don't open the garage door until everyone is in the car.
Eh...I would probably do that. I'm in a townhome with no garage; just 2 spaces in front. My simpleton neighbors on one side (harmless but morons) would not tell their friends to stop parking in my spot. I told them my extra was fine, but I expected the spot in front of my door available at all times. This isn't an overpriced apartment. My contract says I have 2 in front of my door. I can't park elsewhere or I steal someone else's. We all were polite and my friends and family never strayed from my extra. So I finally started knocking and asking them to move the car. If that happened to me, it would be the last, as I would make sure my peeps knew better. Know how many times I had to ask them this? FIVE! Idiots...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96532 Mar 8, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96533 Mar 8, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T84RVPF9P3...

Amy for March 8

Good morning sleepyheads

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96534 Mar 9, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T0OOVLNVHV...

Amy March 9. Maybe. The usual sources for the column are wonky today. This one hasn't been posted here yet in any event.

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8BOHFPG25...

Abby for 3-9

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96535 Mar 9, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate the trait in people that compels them to need to be friends with everyone. We bought dirt by each other; we're not friends.
<quoted text>
Oh my geez--are they in middle school?
<quoted text>
That's awesome! I always joke I want to be the crazy neighbor my neighbors are scared of upsetting. I have a creepo across from me who stands out and gets in everyone's business. He's the reason I got my gun and I make sure he sees me carry cases inside. I had dad come over and give him evil eye. He's a busybody and I refuse to even wave at him.
<quoted text>
Eh...I would probably do that. I'm in a townhome with no garage; just 2 spaces in front. My simpleton neighbors on one side (harmless but morons) would not tell their friends to stop parking in my spot. I told them my extra was fine, but I expected the spot in front of my door available at all times. This isn't an overpriced apartment. My contract says I have 2 in front of my door. I can't park elsewhere or I steal someone else's. We all were polite and my friends and family never strayed from my extra. So I finally started knocking and asking them to move the car. If that happened to me, it would be the last, as I would make sure my peeps knew better. Know how many times I had to ask them this? FIVE! Idiots...
I wish these creeps only parked their car in front of my house. I can't stand them.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96536 Mar 9, 2014
Went to the gun show after church. Broke dad's rifle's mag but they were out.
Then biked from home to work (where the festival is). Just 3.5 miles and only took me half an hour. Gorgeous day, very crowded. had 3 honks and/or "Hey, Miss X!" from cars, rofl. Small town.

Got my cotton candy in my front basket and home before the sun went down....ah, spring break.
Jet

Glasgow, KY

#96537 Mar 9, 2014
Do

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#96538 Mar 10, 2014

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96539 Mar 10, 2014
I hate spring ahead. When I'm in charge, that's the first thing I'm changing.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96540 Mar 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
Guess it had to do with, kids on farms, originally, but it's need seems to have passed....

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96541 Mar 10, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
EEE would just go crazy over that.
She would!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96542 Mar 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
It's ridiculous. I heard FL was thinking about getting rid of it, but I don't know. I could NOT get my kid to bed last night and then waking her up was a chore. Can't say it was any better for me, either.

We totally missed church yesterday, too, because we overslept. I am going to be grumpy for at least a month now.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#96543 Mar 10, 2014
Good morning!

I'm looking for slow cooker recommendations. For the device itself and/or recipes.

And I'm voting for Race so we can get rid of DST.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96544 Mar 10, 2014
The best slow cooker I have is my dutch oven. I also have a regular slow cooker, but I never use it anymore.
j_m_w wrote:
Good morning!
I'm looking for slow cooker recommendations. For the device itself and/or recipes.

Location hidden

#96545 Mar 10, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Good morning!
We often use ours for really simple stuff.

Some chicken breasts and some bbq sauce. Let it cook for 6-8 hours on low, then mash chicken up with a fork and you have bbq chicken sandwiches.

Another favorite is chicken and cream of chicken soup. Let it cook all day, then mash chicken with a fork and add rice.

I've experimented and made chicken and dumplings and here is a good french dip:

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/16239/easy-slo...

Use a dark beer, if you make the french dip.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96546 Mar 10, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Good morning!
I've done some good sherried mushrooms in mine, but then I realized they are just as good (and faster) on the stovetop and less of a pain to clean up. I usually use mine for roasts or stew. My friend does spaghetti and sauce and I wanted to try it, but lost the recipe.

I learned you have to be careful with corned beef or it will overcook and be dry (can't do it while I'm at work).

My co-worker is supposed to give me a good chicken recipe she tried last week, so I'll share it when I get it.

I have a regular slow cooker that came with a mini one for dips and queso.

Location hidden

#96547 Mar 10, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done some good sherried mushrooms in mine, but then I realized they are just as good (and faster) on the stovetop and less of a pain to clean up. I usually use mine for roasts or stew. My friend does spaghetti and sauce and I wanted to try it, but lost the recipe.
I learned you have to be careful with corned beef or it will overcook and be dry (can't do it while I'm at work).
My co-worker is supposed to give me a good chicken recipe she tried last week, so I'll share it when I get it.
I have a regular slow cooker that came with a mini one for dips and queso.
We use our mini one for rotel dip, mostly.

If you make rotel dip, try cooking a package of breakfast sausage ( I like spicy, but anything works), drain the grease and put the cooked sausage on paper towels (to get as much grease off) then add it in with the rotel dip. It's awesome.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96548 Mar 10, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We totally missed church yesterday, too, because we overslept. I am going to be grumpy for at least a month now.
How late do you sleep?
Most cells auto-change your time and many churches start around 10 so even sleeping in, you could make it, or a smidge late.

It's just an hour. It's annoying but not a dramatic life-changing event.
I like having more sunlight at night and not having it blast me in the morning. This is the best one....but you can tell the sun moves as it gets closer to the next change....I would like to ask RACE to adjust it 30 minutes and leave it be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Cheech the Conser... 1,508,227
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Julia 239,317
Obama has LEAK under sink. 2 hr TROY the Plumber 35
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr carmino seranni 10,495
Trumps travel ban discussion 5 hr The truth is out ... 2
Ron Kessler's observations about Presidents etc. 10 hr Good info 2
This doesn't seem fair to me. 10 hr Fascists R Star 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages