Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96514 Mar 6, 2014
The plant a weeping willow. My uncle had one of those things, aint no way to see thru them!
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno. Any fencing can go no further than the back of your house, per HOA rules. I think he would probably make a bigger stink about that and claim it is a fence of sorts. The developer has my back on the trees and thinks they are in everybody's best interest. I talked to the developer and I said, even if II removed the trees, the guy would shortly find something else to complain about. The developer said he thinks that would be the case too.
He's called the police on me 3 times too. The last time the police didn't even bother to talk to me. The previous two times they were laughing at him and cracking jokes about him.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96516 Mar 6, 2014
This is frigging awesome!
This man is my hero!
http://news.yahoo.com/florida-mayor-fights-ba...

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96517 Mar 6, 2014
RACE wrote:
The plant a weeping willow. My uncle had one of those things, aint no way to see thru them!
<quoted text>
You don't want those anywhere near your foundation or driveway, however. Their roots spread out really far. And they don't block anything in the winter, when they lose their leaves. They do grow really fast. My folks planted one and a few years later, it was huge.

The trees I planted are a type of cyprus. They keep their leaves year round and should grow together and make a solid wall.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#96518 Mar 6, 2014
More cracked out Florida news:

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-parents-arreste...

My goodness, West Virginia and Arkansas don't have shyte on Florida!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96519 Mar 6, 2014
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96520 Mar 6, 2014
I've an HOA and it's okay for the most part, but I wish I could put a huge fence around my neighbors.
I just detest living close to people and care naught about being their buddy.

Plus, I'm about to have it out with my simpletons on the right who I caught letting their dog crap in my yard and not pick it up. I loathe behavior of that selfish sort.

Found out my neighbors on the lft are Jehovah's Witnesses and act as a host family to couples who come down here for some school/training. I was wondering why new people/cars come every 2 months....wild....they are nice enough though.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#96521 Mar 6, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Sub's peeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5KfACTAOPa0XX
That's hilarious.

This one was a cool from the Super Bowl:

http://m.deadline.com/2014/03/jamie-casin-sup...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96522 Mar 6, 2014
Candy store offers free Fat Tuesday fudge for 'fatties'

http://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/water-co...

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#96523 Mar 6, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
I've an HOA and it's okay for the most part, but I wish I could put a huge fence around my neighbors.
I just detest living close to people and care naught about being their buddy.
That's what started it with this guy. We didn't wanna be his buddy and he got mad and never forgave us (he must be related to Ferrerman).

He would come over EVERY SINGLE TIME we sat outside after I got home from work and we watch the boys play and ride their bikes. He was really weird and he would stay the whole time we were out there and talk our ears off. So we stopped going outside.

Then the lifting up one blind and watching my wife started and it went all down hill after that.

They are so weird ... We tried to make peace with them (that lasted like 2 weeks) and when we were trying to patch things up they said something about being jealous and feeling left out because we hang out and get along with their neighbors on the other side of them. We are good friends with them, but they don't like almost anyone in our neighborhood except for us and one other couple. They also think my crazy neighbors are completely bat shyte crazy and can't figure out why they cause us so many problems, but leave them alone.

I think the guy had a creepy obsession with my wife and is just mad that we didn't become good friends with them.

He's terrified of me tho (and I've never threatened him or anything). He went over to another neighbors house and started crying about how scared he is of me. I'm not kidding. Tears streaming down his face. Both him and his wife.

This neighbor who he was crying to has a sister who is bipolar and who lives in a group home, so she was sympathetic at first. She's friends with my wife and said there's some definite mental problems going on there. She also said her husband and her dad, who lives with them run and hide when they come over. They literally do not shut up, keep repeating the same things over and over and just do not leave ... You literally have to tell them I gotta go 5 times before they will take the hint and leave.

It sucks living next to crazy. My wife wants to sell our house and move or rent our house out and move, but we won't get what we paid for it and I have a 3.25% interest rate on my mortgage. So I don't really want to move.

They are so weird, when they pull in the garage no one gets out of the car until the garage door is down and they don't open the garage door until everyone is in the car.

They also have two cars, but they are the same exact car and the same exact color. I joke with my wife and tell her the next car we get for her is gonna be the same one the crazy neighbors drive and the same color, lmfao!!! How effing hilarious would that be!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#96525 Mar 7, 2014
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#96527 Mar 7, 2014
Toj wrote:
I'm no longer a bacon lover, but I think I'm in the minority on that. Wow, what an alarm clock!
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-b...
Plain awesome!!!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#96528 Mar 7, 2014
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Plain awesome!!!
EEE would just go crazy over that.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96529 Mar 7, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
More cracked out Florida news:
http://news.yahoo.com/florida-parents-arreste...
My goodness, West Virginia and Arkansas don't have shyte on Florida!
Nice.....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96530 Mar 7, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
He would come over EVERY SINGLE TIME we sat outside...He was really weird and he would stay the whole time we were out there and talk our ears off. So we stopped going outside.
I hate the trait in people that compels them to need to be friends with everyone. We bought dirt by each other; we're not friends.
Then the lifting up one blind and watching my wife started and it went all down hill after that...They are so weird ... they said something about being jealous and feeling left out because we hang out and get along with their neighbors on the other side of them
Oh my geez--are they in middle school?
He's terrified of me tho (and I've never threatened him or anything). He went over to another neighbors house and started crying about how scared he is of me. I'm not kidding. Tears streaming down his face. Both him and his wife.
That's awesome! I always joke I want to be the crazy neighbor my neighbors are scared of upsetting. I have a creepo across from me who stands out and gets in everyone's business. He's the reason I got my gun and I make sure he sees me carry cases inside. I had dad come over and give him evil eye. He's a busybody and I refuse to even wave at him.
They are so weird, when they pull in the garage no one gets out of the car until the garage door is down and they don't open the garage door until everyone is in the car.
Eh...I would probably do that. I'm in a townhome with no garage; just 2 spaces in front. My simpleton neighbors on one side (harmless but morons) would not tell their friends to stop parking in my spot. I told them my extra was fine, but I expected the spot in front of my door available at all times. This isn't an overpriced apartment. My contract says I have 2 in front of my door. I can't park elsewhere or I steal someone else's. We all were polite and my friends and family never strayed from my extra. So I finally started knocking and asking them to move the car. If that happened to me, it would be the last, as I would make sure my peeps knew better. Know how many times I had to ask them this? FIVE! Idiots...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96532 Mar 8, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96533 Mar 8, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T84RVPF9P3...

Amy for March 8

Good morning sleepyheads

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96534 Mar 9, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T0OOVLNVHV...

Amy March 9. Maybe. The usual sources for the column are wonky today. This one hasn't been posted here yet in any event.

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8BOHFPG25...

Abby for 3-9

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#96535 Mar 9, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate the trait in people that compels them to need to be friends with everyone. We bought dirt by each other; we're not friends.
<quoted text>
Oh my geez--are they in middle school?
<quoted text>
That's awesome! I always joke I want to be the crazy neighbor my neighbors are scared of upsetting. I have a creepo across from me who stands out and gets in everyone's business. He's the reason I got my gun and I make sure he sees me carry cases inside. I had dad come over and give him evil eye. He's a busybody and I refuse to even wave at him.
<quoted text>
Eh...I would probably do that. I'm in a townhome with no garage; just 2 spaces in front. My simpleton neighbors on one side (harmless but morons) would not tell their friends to stop parking in my spot. I told them my extra was fine, but I expected the spot in front of my door available at all times. This isn't an overpriced apartment. My contract says I have 2 in front of my door. I can't park elsewhere or I steal someone else's. We all were polite and my friends and family never strayed from my extra. So I finally started knocking and asking them to move the car. If that happened to me, it would be the last, as I would make sure my peeps knew better. Know how many times I had to ask them this? FIVE! Idiots...
I wish these creeps only parked their car in front of my house. I can't stand them.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96536 Mar 9, 2014
Went to the gun show after church. Broke dad's rifle's mag but they were out.
Then biked from home to work (where the festival is). Just 3.5 miles and only took me half an hour. Gorgeous day, very crowded. had 3 honks and/or "Hey, Miss X!" from cars, rofl. Small town.

Got my cotton candy in my front basket and home before the sun went down....ah, spring break.
Jet

Glasgow, KY

#96537 Mar 9, 2014
Do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patriot 1,580,723
News Herea s where to watch the eclipse in Chicago 26 min a_visitor 2
News Noise from new O'Hare runway angers Park Ridge ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Penny 198
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 3,699
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 6 hr Sojourner UNtruth 19
Super Stalker 6 hr Donald Supporter 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 6 hr gracew 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages