Comments
94,621 - 94,640 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96311 Feb 23, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, yes he's much better. Nearly died but his 1 year check up and stress test went well. He was very lucky. By the time he actually had the heart attack, he was at the hospital. He was having pains at work, but like most men, delayed in going to the hospital until he couldn't take the pain. Less than 15 minutes after arriving at the ER he was in full blown cardiac arrest. He had 100% blockage in the right coronary artery. The dr told us, even if he had been in the ambulance on the way, when the heart attack happened, they wouldn't have been able to save him. We were very lucky. Thank you for asking.
I'm glad to hear he's doing better and that, given the circumstances, it wasn't much worse.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96312 Feb 23, 2014
Brian Urlacher is 35 years old. While that is young in most occupations, it is very old for a defensive player in the NFL. In his last two seasons he was plagued with injuries and he still wanted more money in his contract.

Yes, the Bears made the right decision.

Also, he made the right decision to leave the NFL when he did. Better than becoming a punch line like Favre.

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#96313 Feb 23, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad to hear he's doing better and that, given the circumstances, it wasn't much worse.
Me too, thank you. Smiles

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96314 Feb 23, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
. Have you ever seen a half drunk, half naked bear? Lol
Cycle?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#96315 Feb 23, 2014
Went to Giordano's tonight. That's some big ass pizza!

Location hidden

#96316 Feb 23, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Cycle?
How did you know?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96317 Feb 23, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Were any of you Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts? Tonight is the Blue and Gold Award dinner and Ry is going to get his first ever badge (he is actually getting several badges because he started late and worked really hard to catch up to his friends).
This is probably a bigger deal for me than for him. My Grandfather, Father and Brothers were Boy Scouts. I am going to bring my Grandfather's scouting book and my Father's Wolf book (by then, they issued separate books for each level) so I can take a picture of Ry holding them.
Must remember that this is about him today, but I am so proud of him!
There is at least one really long term scout person around. I have about 8 years in both as a scout and a leader. All on the girl side though

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96318 Feb 23, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Cycle?
She's new here. She probably doesn't get the reference, but its a good one nonetheless.

You might have missed this when you were on vacation but he came back to post condolences when Angela died.

(We had a Reg guy from the Madison area whose avatar was a bear. He dropped off the boards a few months ago)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#96319 Feb 24, 2014

Location hidden

#96320 Feb 24, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
She's new here. She probably doesn't get the reference, but its a good one nonetheless.
You might have missed this when you were on vacation but he came back to post condolences when Angela died.
(We had a Reg guy from the Madison area whose avatar was a bear. He dropped off the boards a few months ago)
Ya, I didn't know, I thought the reference was just to a circus bear.

Location hidden

#96321 Feb 24, 2014
Can I ask, who is Angela, and what happened?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#96322 Feb 24, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
Can I ask, who is Angela, and what happened?
Long time regular poster who got cancer and passed in January just a few months after being diagnosed. The original prognosis was something like no more than 6 months. I think she got diagnosed in Sep or Oct.

Location hidden

#96323 Feb 24, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Long time regular poster who got cancer and passed in January just a few months after being diagnosed. The original prognosis was something like no more than 6 months. I think she got diagnosed in Sep or Oct.
Omg, that's awful. How sad.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#96324 Feb 24, 2014
I was in the scouts for about a year. Did not fit in, too much emphasis on getting badges, I just wanted to go camping.

Later joined the Explorers club. Much better, had girls in it too, Was a much better fit, no badges, but lots more hands on learning.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96325 Feb 24, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text> Omg, that's awful. How sad.
If you look back to roughly last October and before, she posted as Redheadwithglasses or AngelaMN
food for thought

Schaumburg, IL

#96326 Feb 24, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Cycle knew as much about baseball or football as this lady obviously does. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

And you know, young lady, there was a group of regulars before you seized control here and started ruling with an iron fist. Even Sub's boss, Angelique was not a founding member even though it was 'her' who most likely pulled the original thread.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#96327 Feb 24, 2014
All the topix treads got dropped like a hot potato when the Chicago Tribune changed formats... The Regulars was no exception.
That is the day when Andie J. started this one as a replacement.

It had nothing to do with Angelique.

“reign in blood”

United States

#96328 Feb 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
I was in the scouts for about a year. Did not fit in, too much emphasis on getting badges, I just wanted to go camping.
Later joined the Explorers club. Much better, had girls in it too, Was a much better fit, no badges, but lots more hands on learning.
What the hell are you babbling about?

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#96329 Feb 24, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Long time regular poster who got cancer and passed in January just a few months after being diagnosed. The original prognosis was something like no more than 6 months. I think she got diagnosed in Sep or Oct.
she was diagnosed late stage, didn't have any major behavioral risk factors and was rather active. there wasn't any reasonable treatment that would get her much more time... chemo might maybe have gotten her 2-3 more months, but she would have been miserable. she charged ahead with the attitude of having more life in her days than days in her life. she was candid with her journey.

for someone i've never met in person, her experience has touched me (and many others) greatly. She is an inspiration in how to live one's last days.

BTW, has anyone heard if she did put together the playlist that she talked about? I'd love to compile it for myself...
food for thought

Schaumburg, IL

#96330 Feb 24, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
All the topix treads got dropped like a hot potato when the Chicago Tribune changed formats... The Regulars was no exception.
That is the day when Andie J. started this one as a replacement.
It had nothing to do with Angelique.
Really? That Obama thread that you post on here on the Chicago Forum just passed ONE MILLION posts and has been active since '08. How was it that it made the cut?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Yeah 1,100,625
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Deserve 49,537
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Retired SOF 45
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,412
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 2 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info