|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great. Mine was up over 30% last year. However, I do not think Obama is responsible for the stock market gains. I honestly think the stock market woulda done about the same regardless of who was President. I also don't think folks who are much more knowledgeable about such things than you or I attribute such gains to Obama.
Our economy is not doing well. It could be worse, however. I don't blame Obama for this. Again, I don't think it would be that much different regardless of who was in the office.
It will take awhile to recover from the recession. It was quite disruptive. I, myself, lost a lot of money because of it. I did learn a thing or two from it, but it was a very expensive lesson. <ouch>. I am not alone.
At the current rate of growth of my 401k I figure I should be able to retire at about the ago of 105.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

greenwichvillage wrote:
<quoted text>
this is one of the most sensible and honest comment written here in a long time. a lesson could be learned.
thank you.
Thanks. I try to be objective.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text> wow, you read my mind, the check IS in the mail.. I love the word, "duty".. Dootie.. Sounds so funny.. You said dootie. Lol.*grins big*
I said "excuse me lady. I'm doing my duty So pull down your..." Oh wait, we just met.:p

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

HoneyBear1 wrote:
So, change of pace if that's ok. I'm wondering what you all thought of the Bears decision to release Urlacher. I know it's an old story, but just wondering your take on it. I personally was pretty disappointed. How do you think the Bears will do this year? I've been anxiously awaiting a great season, and another Superbowl run for a few years now. Being a Bears fan living in Packer country can be dangerous at times. Lol
I went to college in Madison during the Favre era, when they won the supe rbowl. I donít think the Bears beat them one time during my 4 years. So, hear ya.

Urlacher, would have been nice to sign, but he wanted to be overpaid. Remember what made him great was his speed. Without his exceptional speed, Iím not even sure he is in the NFL. Speed is one of the first things you lose with age, unfortunately. He had lost a few steps. His health was also a liability. He wasnít really worth any more money than the Bears were offering and he didnít want to play for that much.

The biggest negative is that they lost their defensive leader and play caller in the same year they lost their defensive coordinator, but Iím not so sure that is worth overpaying.

Also remember, this is the same guy that threatened to hold out and basically held the Bears hostage for more money when he was already under contract. Maybe Iíd do the same thing if I were him Ö I dunno, but that was a bit of a sore spot with me. And who knows what that cost them. Maybe but for that they sign a difference maker and with a team as good as they were Ö maybe that puts them over the top.

I think the Bears are good on offense, but defense is a real liability. How they do all depends on how quick they can rebuild. I donít see them being an elite team this year. I think maybe a few games over 500, with an outside chance for the playoffs.

I like Trestman and I like Emery Ö although the signing of Shea McClellin was baffling at the time and still to this day. Interestingly, my bro told me on Chicago Sports radio they were jokingly discussing whether he might be the greatest draft pick ever, just due to the fact that he injured Aaron Rodgers, LMAO. That made me laugh. Guy does nothing, except injure Aaron Rodgers and they retire his number, lol.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text> At the current rate of growth of my 401k I figure I should be able to retire at about the ago of 105.
I got whacked with the b1tch stick when the recession hit. I had a lot of bills (my mortgage was close to 4k a month) and I wiped out my 401k. I've dusted myself off and gotten back on the horse. I hope to retire in my late 50s, but I save a lot and make sacrifices to do so.

In a few years I'm wanting to roll some of it into a self directed IRA and go into some real estate. The whole 401k thing seems like a pyramid scheme to me. With the tax incentives everyone and their grandma puts money into it each paycheck. Money going into the market has little to do with P/E or value and more so to do with the fact that it is advantageous from a tax perspective and the fact that most folks get a company match. I have mixed feelings about that from a policy perspective.

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

bare bottomline wrote:
<quoted text>That he retired and did not squeeze in another year with another team pretty much illustrates that the Bears made the right call.
Now, how can you be talking about football when the Cubs are getting ready for a pennant run?????
Well, I know he said he really wanted to retire a Bear. Kinda sad it ended that way. I wish they hadn't treated him that way, cuz I think had they parted ways on better terms he would have been an awesome defensive coach at some point. Anyway, just my opinion. Baseball.. Well, while I do love the Cubs, and cheer for them regularly, my heart belongs to the Brewers. When we moved from Illinois, as a kid, we moved to Milwaukee, and I was lucky enough to live there in 82 when the Brewers went to the World Series. I still hate the Cardinals. Lol. A few years back I actually got to meet Gorman Thomas and Robin Yount. Was the experience of a lifetime. Yount is my all time favorite player. It would be nice to see either the Cubs or Brewers make a World Series appearance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "excuse me lady. I'm doing my duty So pull down your..." Oh wait, we just met.:p
Is this all part of the initiation process?? Ok, if I must, but be careful, I have an adorable back side.. Again, you said "duty" *giggles*

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

about last night wrote:
<quoted text>What's up with that bizarre story about last night that you told this morning over on the Offbeat/Weird forum?
The police saved 5 guys from getting their asses kicked by 1 sublime.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

I'm a master at this, Ferr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to college in Madison during the Favre era, when they won the supe rbowl. I donít think the Bears beat them one time during my 4 years. So, hear ya.
Urlacher, would have been nice to sign, but he wanted to be overpaid. Remember what made him great was his speed. Without his exceptional speed, Iím not even sure he is in the NFL. Speed is one of the first things you lose with age, unfortunately. He had lost a few steps. His health was also a liability. He wasnít really worth any more money than the Bears were offering and he didnít want to play for that much.
The biggest negative is that they lost their defensive leader and play caller in the same year they lost their defensive coordinator, but Iím not so sure that is worth overpaying.
Also remember, this is the same guy that threatened to hold out and basically held the Bears hostage for more money when he was already under contract. Maybe Iíd do the same thing if I were him Ö I dunno, but that was a bit of a sore spot with me. And who knows what that cost them. Maybe but for that they sign a difference maker and with a team as good as they were Ö maybe that puts them over the top.
I think the Bears are good on offense, but defense is a real liability. How they do all depends on how quick they can rebuild. I donít see them being an elite team this year. I think maybe a few games over 500, with an outside chance for the playoffs.
I like Trestman and I like Emery Ö although the signing of Shea McClellin was baffling at the time and still to this day. Interestingly, my bro told me on Chicago Sports radio they were jokingly discussing whether he might be the greatest draft pick ever, just due to the fact that he injured Aaron Rodgers, LMAO. That made me laugh. Guy does nothing, except injure Aaron Rodgers and they retire his number, lol.
I hear ya. I always thought Favre was way overrated, full of himself. Funny how many Packer fans turned on him when he went to the Vikings. I think the funniest thing I ever heard was when Favre said he was coming back, and all the media was speculating if he would go to the Bears.. Lovie Smith came out and said, "The Bears have no interest in signing Brett Favre." I still laugh about that. Rodgers wasn't too bad his first couple years, but since his "belt" antics, he is nothing but an ass now. That Clay Matthews, man I HATE that guy..Bears defense has definitely fallen off as of late. I was impressed with Cutler this year, more than in the past, all except the last game. I think the addition of Marshall and Jeffery was a big positive. Maybe Im just partial, but I miss Urlacher. He really was fun to watch.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>Is this all part of the initiation process?? Ok, if I must, but be careful, I have an adorable back side.. Again, you said "duty" *giggles*
No worries. I'll take good care of it ...

Gotta run and get my car, lmao. We cabbed it home last night.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got whacked with the b1tch stick when the recession hit. I had a lot of bills (my mortgage was close to 4k a month) and I wiped out my 401k. I've dusted myself off and gotten back on the horse. I hope to retire in my late 50s, but I save a lot and make sacrifices to do so.
In a few years I'm wanting to roll some of it into a self directed IRA and go into some real estate. The whole 401k thing seems like a pyramid scheme to me. With the tax incentives everyone and their grandma puts money into it each paycheck. Money going into the market has little to do with P/E or value and more so to do with the fact that it is advantageous from a tax perspective and the fact that most folks get a company match. I have mixed feelings about that from a policy perspective.
I hear ya. My husband had a union pension. The company decided to change to a 401k so of course all the money he had in his pension stayed with the union. He lost it all. Then in 2012 he had a massive heart attack. Drained most of what he had built into his 401k to pay for medical bills. We had insurance but crappy insurance. I was contemplating taking most of my 401k and rolling it into a self directed IRA. I do get some money contributed from the company, so I will probably continue with their 401k and when I get more built back up, keep transferring to an IRA. It seems the best way to go to avoid all the fees.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

about last night wrote:
<quoted text>What's up with that bizarre story about last night that you told this morning over on the Offbeat/Weird forum?
Hey there.. "About Last Night" is one if my all time favorite movies. I think I can recite the whole thing by heart. I don't think the remake will even hold a candle to the original. Always wanted to take a little trip to "Mothers".. As a kid we used to go to Chicago,(lived in Oak Park and Lombard) for the St. Patty's Day parade. Was one of my favorite things.Nice to meet you.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. I'll take good care of it ...
Gotta run and get my car, lmao. We cabbed it home last night.
Good idea. Ttyl If you are really good, I'll show you what's in my picnic basket. I have lots of snacks in there. Never know when a bear may get hungry. I have a sweet tooth for cobbler.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

upon further review wrote:
<quoted text>Hating the Cardinals is a redeeming quality, I suppose. The Cub rivalry with them is stronger than with the Brewers since Milwaukee was an AL city for so long. Yount had a great career and was/is a class act.
Very few guys know how and when to leave the game. I'm glad Urlacher didn't wind up in Minnesota!
Oh God, me too. I'm glad he made the decision, albeit somewhat forced, to retire a Bear. When I met Yount, I said, "excuse me sir, can I shake your hand? You have been my hero since grade school." He said, wow, thank you. It was really neat to meet one of my childhood heroes. Just wish I had gotten my picture taken with him, but he was in his car. He was up here in Wausau, for a minor league game. Gantner was one of their coaches at the time.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Yes, you can be my beer fetcherer. Clothing is optional and I am always thirsty.
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text> Lol.. Ok, let me know where to send my check. Will I be given a bunch of duties while on probation?? Nice to meet you

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Hey! I am tecno! I got my phone to bluetooth with that speaker thingy I bought! Sweet, no cable. I was thinking of just buying a MP3(4) whatever player, but they were all only 4 gig, Some you could bump up with a 16 gig micro sd card, but it occured to me that my phone already has one of those, so I bought a 64gig micro, and put that in the phone, then copied all my music onto the phone, which all told is about 20 gig, so I still got lots of room for whatever else the phone does.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

RACE wrote:
Yes, you can be my beer fetcherer. Clothing is optional and I am always thirsty.
<quoted text>
Ok, I can do that, but I cannot promise the beers won't be half gone by the time you get them. Have you ever seen a half drunk, half naked bear? Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

RACE wrote:
Hey! I am tecno! I got my phone to bluetooth with that speaker thingy I bought! Sweet, no cable. I was thinking of just buying a MP3(4) whatever player, but they were all only 4 gig, Some you could bump up with a 16 gig micro sd card, but it occured to me that my phone already has one of those, so I bought a 64gig micro, and put that in the phone, then copied all my music onto the phone, which all told is about 20 gig, so I still got lots of room for whatever else the phone does.
Sweet. Sounds like a pretty good deal being able to put it all on your phone. I still miss my old flip phone sometimes. Much simpler. This smart phone has more crap and options on it than I even know what to do with. And I hate how it corrects my spelling. Whenever I try to type the f word, it changes it to fountain.. Makes for some very interesting text messages sometimes. One night I tried to text my son that we were having chix brsts for dinner, and it changed it to "children beasts" Stupid smart phone.. Lol

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

squishymama wrote:
I hope you don't use that lame-ass line IRL.
If I had a nickle every time I saw a woman as beautiful as you.... I'd have a nickle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,601 - 94,620 of97,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-22 9 min Cass 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min forks_make_us_fat 1,077,848
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Learn to Read 174,407
Voice of God Weapon 10 min I Told U Not 2 Emulate ME 2
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 26 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 26 min Straw Boss 2
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 32 min Sounds good 3
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••