“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#96353 Feb 24, 2014
I vaugely remember this thread being gone for a while. We created another one and then magically this one appeared again and we abandoned the other.

What's the big deal about that?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#96354 Feb 24, 2014
squishymama wrote:
I vaugely remember this thread being gone for a while. We created another one and then magically this one appeared again and we abandoned the other.
What's the big deal about that?
That did happen for a minute, but this thread didn't exist when Topix was linked to the Tribune. And maybe other sites, I doubt the Florida peeps posted on the Trib, but I could be wrong. We lost a lot of people after the split, the letters had like over a hundred posts per day. But I guess it doesn't really matter.

And there is no big deal, some people are just convinced the world is out to get them. It's a medical condition called paranoia. There's medication for that now. Maybe a certain someone should make an appointment with his doctor?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96355 Feb 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
she was diagnosed late stage, didn't have any major behavioral risk factors and was rather active...
I hope it's okay to ask, just to appease the void in my mind. It was luncg cancer? She did not smoke? Does she know how she got it and what prompted her to go get checked out? Thanks.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96356 Feb 24, 2014
I was in girl scouts for one meeting. Then I realized I don't like forced socialization with people who most likely annoy me, ha!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96357 Feb 24, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it's okay to ask, just to appease the void in my mind. It was luncg cancer? She did not smoke? Does she know how she got it and what prompted her to go get checked out? Thanks.
Her father died of cancer. I don't recall what type of cancer he had. Cancer is hereditary. There has been no substantial link to smoking causing lung cancer.
Historian

Schaumburg, IL

#96358 Feb 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That did happen for a minute, but this thread didn't exist when Topix was linked to the Tribune. And maybe other sites, I doubt the Florida peeps posted on the Trib, but I could be wrong. We lost a lot of people after the split, the letters had like over a hundred posts per day. But I guess it doesn't really matter.
And there is no big deal, some people are just convinced the world is out to get them. It's a medical condition called paranoia. There's medication for that now. Maybe a certain someone should make an appointment with his doctor?
Yeah, that's it- some people quit posting when the Trib dumped Topix. The Florida 'peeps' couldn't find the thread when the Trib had it but, NOW they can! You, Jung man, have a medical condition called "retardation". Good luck with that!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96359 Feb 24, 2014
I was in the Boy Scouts. We ate Brownies. Ahem, sorry.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96360 Feb 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
I doubt the Florida peeps posted on the Trib, but I could be wrong.
This florida peep read dear Abby in the Trib owned Orlando Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale's Sun Sentinel is also owned by the tribune. Dear Abby column in all the publications linked to a common Dear Abby Topix thread. So yeah, we were posting to the same place before Tribune Media ended relationship with topix.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96361 Feb 24, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Lung cancer.

She was laid off the end of September and hadn't been feeling well. Her BF, Nick pushed her to see her regular doctor for a check up in the beginning of October. She sounded like she thought it was going to be a respiratory infection or something.

It was "or something"

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#96362 Feb 24, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
check out her Caring Bridge website... she was candid with stuff on there. there's some amazing stuff on there. her mom has added some posts too.

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#96363 Feb 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. My birthday is this week. I have always enjoyed celebrating it with my family, but am having a hard time getting enthusiastic about it this year.
I will find a way to celebrate that 1) honors our friendship and 2) acknowledges that I am alive (this being most important). Still, just weird this year.
Honey Bear - Ang LOVED her birthday. She died less than 2 weeks before her birthday, which was Feb. 5. She really wanted to make it until then.
I will find a way to
First I wanna say, happy birthday. I know how you are feeling. I lost a very dear friend and coworker, Feb 12 of last year. She died in a house fire. Both her and her husband. 3 days after that one of my best friends 22 year old son was killed in a snowmobile accident. It was a really bad time. Believe me when I say, I know how you feel. I think it's really special that you choose to honor your friend on your birthday. It sounds like that's what she would want. Hugs to you, and happy birthday.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96364 Feb 24, 2014
She had liver cancer that spread to her lungs, if memory serves me. That's why they didn't treat her. Survival rates were not good with cancer that spreads from the liver to the lungs, even with treatment.

I remember when she told us at first and my thinking that maybe there was at least some hope ... until I did some research myself.

It's too bad.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96365 Feb 24, 2014
Gene Simmons goes to bat for Tebow

http://www.faithit.com/religious-tolerance-ch...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96366 Feb 24, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Gene Simmons goes to bat for Tebow

http://www.faithit.com/religious-tolerance-ch...
I know it was in the media because he was very demonstrative about it, but it seemed to me he mostly got made fun of cause he wasn't very good.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96367 Feb 25, 2014
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's it- some people quit posting when the Trib dumped Topix. The Florida 'peeps' couldn't find the thread when the Trib had it but, NOW they can! You, Jung man, have a medical condition called "retardation". Good luck with that!
Wow, spewing insults and vitriol. How out of character for you. This didn't get old years ago or anything. Keep it up, you're so entertaining to a lot of us

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96368 Feb 25, 2014
Alright, lets see if these letters take today. Think Topix might be on to me

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TMEQGRB54O...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TE1PK6F7JD...

Happy birthday, Jess!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96369 Feb 25, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it was in the media because he was very demonstrative about it, but it seemed to me he mostly got made fun of cause he wasn't very good.
I think many of the Tebow jokes were about his religious posing and alway's way too positive attitude.....did you ever see the classic skit on SNL, of God in Tebow's locker room?....Very Funny.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96370 Feb 25, 2014
Happy Birthday Jess!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96371 Feb 25, 2014
RACE wrote:
Happy Birthday Jess!
Me, too. Happy BD

Wrangling about Topix history makes me realize just how long we have "known" each other for good or ill

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96372 Feb 25, 2014
Jess- that came out ambiguously. It should be just how long the group ha known each other, for good or ill.

Kind of like a favorite bar where you can run a perpetual tab

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,232,765
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min litesong 53,514
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr James 51,766
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 189,873
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
abby 5-25-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
amy 5-25-15 3 hr Kuuipo 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]